Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Commander 111 Brigade changed

Updated 2 hours ago

111-brigade.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Commander of Pakistan Army Triple One (111) Brigade has been changed, Geo News reported.

Brigadier Sarfarza Ali will be new commander of Triple One Brigade.

An ISPR press release states: The posting of incomming 111 brigade commander is routine posting. The former brigade commander of 111 brigade has been posted out on promotiom.

Commander 111 Brigade changed

Damn , that pic contrasts well with the developing situation in Pakistan :P

Pakistan Army’s tit for tat? 111 Brigade’s commander changed

By Mirza Hassan - Jan 11th, 2012 (1 Comment)

Islamabad: Minutes after Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani dismissed defence secretary Let Gen (retd) Khalid Naeem Lodhi, who was in the midst of controversy for his reply submitted in Supreme Court in memogate case, the Pakistan Army has immediately changed commander of Triple One (111) Brigade. This bridge has been instrumental in many military coups in the country in the past, and change of command of the brigade is being taken seriously and dubbed as ‘unusual move’ by political commentators and analysts.

The prime minister’s move came after the Army reacted to Gilani’s interview to a Chinese newspaper, wherein he had termed Army chief and DG ISI’s response submitted to Supreme Court’s in memogate case as illegal and unconstitutional.

With the fresh developments, the strained relations between the civilian government and military established have dipped to its lowest ebb.

The Army chief also called an emergency meeting of Army’s principal staff officers (PSOs) to be held tomorrow (Thursday), which will discuss the fast unfolding events in the country .

According to ISPR, Brigadier Sarfarza Ali has been appointed new commander of Triple One Brigade.

Pakistan Army’s tit for tat? 111 Brigade’s commander changed | The News Tribe

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Army Chief convenes emergency meeting

By Mirza Hassan - Jan 11th, 2012

General-Kayani.jpg

Rawalpindi: Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani has summoned an emergency meeting of principle staff officers on Thursday.

The meeting has been summoned in the wake of soaring ties between the civilian government and military.

Earlier, the army while responding to Prime Minister allegations against General Kayani and ISI chief Ahmed Shuja Pasha, said the both the personalities submitted their response in the Supreme Court of Pakistan through attorney general.

The army said that Gilani’s statement may have serious consequences.

Army Chief convenes emergency meeting | The News Tribe

Thou shalt not annoy the army ( Mark XX-XX ) :rofl:

what has this got to do with the sacking of def secy?y is ii called tit for tat?i mean sacking one of ur own guys?it is not at all logical or true.it was a routine posting as far as i am concern

maybe he sacked him and replaced him with someone who will listen to him more and scare the government that with one move i can end all of your games :p:P:p:P:p:P:P

The 111 is one of the most stable brigades and one of the most crucial for reasons known to all.

However changing the 111 commander is an very very unusual event indeed, and I will be very interested as to who replaces him and what background he comes from.

Sad part is, with goons like PPP in the country, see how one by one the institutions that formulated Pakistan are destroyed, now it's Army's turn.

There is no where PPP could have those balls, without someone else's behest.

The 111 is one of the most stable brigades and one of the most crucial for reasons known to all.

However changing the 111 commander is an very very unusual event indeed, and I will be very interested as to who replaces him and what background he comes from.

Sad part is, with goons like PPP in the country, see how one by one the institutions that formulated Pakistan are destroyed, now it's Army's turn.

Why not ask the supreme court to issue orders to dismiss this corrupt government. Put all their names on No Exit List and arrest them and put them in Jail. Then Call in elections early. Trust me, if Army wants it's respect back, they better act now.

111 Brigade or not, the time has come to make these goons pay.

Why not ask the supreme court to issue orders to dismiss this corrupt government. Put all their names on No Exit List and arrest them and put them in Jail. Then Call in elections early. Trust me, if Army wants it's respect back, they better act now.

111 Brigade or not, the time has come to make these goons pay.

The SC should be taking the government to task, not the job or in the interest of the Army to do so.

The fact that the Army, via ISPR, publicized the posting of the new brigade commander is clearly an indication that Army wanted the PPP government to know that it too can put pressure on the government. Not a good sign for democracy, but the way the PPP government has behaved also leaves a lot to be desired.

I do not think there will be a military takeover. Nobody in the Army wants to clean up the mess that PPP has made of the country. The only concern I have is that too much pressure on the PPP will give them an opportunity to make martyrs of themselves and then try to make a comeback with the likes of Bilawal.

every time they play victim card and get power but enough now even zardari killed or his son no votes for them

The SC should be taking the government to task, not the job or in the interest of the Army to do so.

The fact that the Army, via ISPR, publicized the posting of the new brigade commander is clearly an indication that Army wanted the PPP government to know that it too can put pressure on the government. Not a good sign for democracy, but the way the PPP government has behaved also leaves a lot to be desired.

I do not think there will be a military takeover. Nobody in the Army wants to clean up the mess that PPP has made of the country. The only concern I have is that too much pressure on the PPP will give them an opportunity to make martyrs of themselves and then try to make a comeback with the likes of Bilawal.

You know what? Pakistan is being thrown about in the name of mock 'Democracy'. I would vote for anyone who can provide Electricity, Health, Education and Economic progress to our people.

I wouldn't give a rats Arse if the person accomplishing that task is a communist, dictator, elected prime minister, fascist or a mullah. Seriously, what has democracy given us?

Name one thing, just one!

A democratically elected administration (not government per se) gives your nation a certain gravitas among nations.
Many western nations take a dim view of nations run by dictators wearing funny uniforms. ( Anyone remember Muammar Q.).
Generally people do not like to deal with generals who pretend to know how to fix everything except the art of soldiery.
In the long run that is bad news for common people of Pakistan.
In any case you have plenty of vivid examples in recent history to gauge the success of another military junta.
Did you achieve any long-term national goals with gen Ayyub, gen. Yahya, gen. Zia, gen. Musharrraf?
They come in on a wave of popularity, make the trains run on time for a bit, then get bogged down and start recruiting the same politicians they clamoured to eliminate and herald an era of purity and piety in your land of the purified muslims. They cut shady deals with any and everyone to keep themselves in power. They talk religion, honor, Kashmir, Palestine and kiss the ring on the Saudi monarch. They eventually wilt to the pressure of all and everyone including the reviled US and leave the country worse off that they had found it.

Democracy has also allowed your great general Kayani ( and by extension the millitary) to withstand withering US pressure under the guise of political will of the people as enunciated by 'them corrupt cowards' of parliamentary politicians. Otherwise he would have had very little leeway when asked to act according to US plans. If you do not believe me ask Musharraf, his predecessor.

I hope Pakistan continues to build on democracy.

........BTW current contentions within the state of Pakistan are primarily on the Iranian gas & oil v Saudi subservience with a distant deal with US. It may appear rather far fetched in RA bazar "it is what it is"

Stable Brigade ?

A Brigade is a basic military formation, how can it be stable / unstable ?

At worst it Commander can.

This seems to be a media stunt just to create sensation. In any such situation I would like to avoid change.

Back
Top Bottom