What's new

Coming to Islamabad after 23 years

It was just an example/analogy. Gosh!
Give one related to yo that you can reflect in so that the talk can be leveled...Giving random examples and not being able to relate to is useless when wanting to make a point!

So you narrowed down general fear to fear of elders
Fear of upsetting elders is not a fear but respect...

Plus I am not losing much by allowing a convoy to go with me :D

Ok so if you see a cupcake on the table and refuse to eat it who do you blame?The person eyeballing you or yourself?
What is to blame on this part?

I have seen single women living on their own way up in their 50,s
So a 50 yr old is safe only...Good going :tup:

I would say that 50 yr old should be having a family and enjoying life!

I know single women living...But I also hear the garbage spewed about them from people I dont even know!

That is driving on the road...You didnt get blown while on your way home from uni and spent 6 yrs visiting the hospital not knowing if you will be able to walk or not!
Different circumstance same potential end result an incident could be scarring but if you let it consume you it will decrease your overall quality of life
When that happens, then come and talk to me!
Well the worst i had was a minor fracture so dont have much to compare with it
What do men know? Be a woman for a day in Pakistan then talk!
So who do you wish i should swap my life with?My colleagues?Classmates?
Do they have less opportunities? Are there systematic measures in place to keep them down?

Give one related to yo that you can reflect in so that the talk can be leveled...Giving random examples and not being able to relate to is useless when wanting to make a point!

Ya Khudaya ! All I am saying is if somebody tries to suppress you and you willfully get suppressed then not only guy but you yourself are also part of the problem.

You think you deserve something? Go take it.
Somebody tries to stop you? Resist, rebel and take it.

Bye..

Different circumstance same potential end result an incident could be scarring but if you let it consume you it will decrease your overall quality of life
It is not me it is consuming....

Well the worst i had was a minor fracture so dont have much to compare with it
Exactly the point when you cant put yourself in 1's shoes, esp a parents, I dont think you should argue about it!

So who do you wish i should swap my life with?My colleagues?Classmates?
Do they have less opportunities? Are there systematic measures in place to keep them down?
Just cross dress into a female for a day and then talk :coffee:

Ya Khudaya ! All I am saying is if somebody tries to suppress you and you willfully get suppressed then not only guy but you yourself are also part of the problem.
So, Pakistani women need to start beating men up :unsure:

That is the problem...No one is "deserving" ...men think they are "deserving" of some status....this is called ego!
This kind of attitude is what I am talking about ....

Wow! Teach your children that!

What is to blame on this part?
The person not eating the cupcake
So a 50 yr old is safe only...Good going :tup:
Um she lived her entire life as a single employed woman in Pakistan alone she did all what others say Pakistani women cant
I would say that 50 yr old should be having a family and enjoying life!
She enjoys her lifestyle who are we to judge if i could get away with that i would want that kind of life too
You are answerable to no one but your own goddamn self
I know single women living...But I also hear the garbage spewed about them from people I dont even know!
I dont hate them i admire them for their life choice they prove women can be accomplished individuals even if they dont wish to be boxed in by society

Just cross dress into a female for a day and then talk :coffee:
That means the soul patch,stache killer combo will have to go :-(

Bye..
I am not even saying women are suppressed when they obey elders...I am saying there is a clear division of how society treats 1 over the other in places where there should be no difference...And there are many reasons...For my family it is the cousin's incident but in this case all cousins are told to never go alone except uni...THERE we go to our respected unis....But going out for fun and stuff is never alone....

For me in this case is coz I am a "foreigner" who comes for a few weeks and they need to make sure I am sent back in 1 piece....So, in my honest opinion they are just trying to be as hospitable as they would to any gora or indian who comes to visit!

I am not even saying women are suppressed when they obey elders.
If the elders hold them back yes they are most accomplished women i know had to fight their families to be where they are now

So, Pakistani women need to start beating men up :unsure:
That is the problem...No one is "deserving" ...men think they are "deserving" of some status....this is called ego!
This kind of attitude is what I am talking about ....
Wow! Teach your children that!

Who the hell is talking about beating? :hitwall:
You think you deserve to walk on streets? Go take a bloody walk and don't worry about society.
If somebody tries to beat you up, you have the right beat him up in self defence.

Not planning on getting married and having kids ever. :dance3:

The person not eating the cupcake
You are equating an inanimate thing to life?

Um she lived her entire life as a single employed woman in Pakistan alone she did all what others say Pakistani women cant
Good for her, 1 woman in a population of 200 million...esp 1 where her family never had to see a cousin get blown up isnt good enough example as I said all cousins are not allowed to go alone....

She enjoys her lifestyle who are we to judge if i could get away with that i would want that kind of life too
You are answerable to no one but your own goddamn self
I am not judging but sharing an opinion...
It is her lifestyle choice..Have you talked to her, is she happy with her choice? Would she advice such a step by the next generation?

I dont hate them i admire them for their life choice they prove women can be accomplished individuals even if they dont wish to be boxed in by society
Admiring someone based on difference is just admiring diversity but still not addressing the issue....

I know working women who live alone....MANY in fact...SOME advice dont follow my footsteps despite all I have achieved. Many didnt ask for such a life and fell in it. FEW REMAINING ones are satisfied but are outcast by society and they do wish to be inclusive.....But that doesnt give enough sample size to conclude anything! just talk to such women...You will learn alot! Many are satisfied because they have been scarred before...MANY are ok with such lifestyle coz they couldnt get what they wanted...VERY few are CHOOSING to live such a lifestyle...Before admiring learn the story behind! Like I said VERY few are ok with it!

That means the soul patch,stache killer combo will have to go :-(
Just wear a burqa or dress up and put a niqab and go around let all the guys undress you with their eyes, let the men say garbage and stare like they have never seen a woman, let them find reasons to touch you....Then live like that for few years and tell me how it feels...Grow up in that and watch restrictions descend upon you when you have become a "grown woman" from a kid who could play with any gender freely....

IF you by any chance claim this is not true then I have an idea of how ignorant you are of the plight of women and dont really deserve to be part of this discussion when you have no idea of the discussion!

You think you deserve to walk on streets?
Who is talking about walking in streets....I am talking about taking cross country tours as suggested by OP wanting to go around Punjab!

Not planning on getting married and having kids ever. :dance3:
Good for you..I guess that is a contribution to society not having mini you :rofl:

Who is talking about walking in streets....I am talking about taking cross country tours as suggested by OP wanting to go around Punjab!

Ok then, prove people wrong and go take a tour. Good luck.

Good for you..I guess that is a contribution to society not having mini you :rofl:

Couldn't agree more.

That is for each to decide...I am always for women going on such tours :enjoy:
Next time, take a bloody drill machine, drill the next guy's skull, take a bloody straw and drink up his Maghaz....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom