What's new

Coming Soon: Dennis Does Pakistan

While there is some truth to mass tourism can have negative effects but as you suggest what is the alternative? Roads ruin the environment. Cars cause C02 emissions. Electricity generation pollutes the air. Airflights create noise pollution etc etc. Let's all go live in caves !

One of the best things about tourism that all the urban, well off talking heads, well fed, that bitch and moan ignore is tourists introduce dollars into the poor regions of the country and provide jobs that lifts many families out of poverty. Whilst this might not matter to urban middle class [the type who complain] living in cities like Karachi, Lahore etc but tourism is crucial in parts of Gilgit-Baltistan and would be the most effective way to bring jobs in backward parts of K-Pk. Nobody is going to open a steel plant or a garment factory in Swat or Chitral or Hunza. In these regions tourism industry could lift entire regions out of poverty.
Tourists doesn't equal more cash spent in the country. Only wealthy first class tourists ensure that type of money flow. Otherwise look at the Chinese tourists in Venice, they come they see and they leave.

Last edited:
Glad you appreciate being used as validation of secularism.

But I tell you there is one system which far superior to secularism for a heterogeneous society.
To which I would ask -

• why are you not there already?
  • is it in your head as pipedream* - like castle in air or does it exist in the real world?

*You know we all can make pipedreams in our heads where everything is picture perfect like a dream.

Glad you appreciate being used as validation of secularism.
If LoLzzz if a symbol of happiness then you are among the 1% of the internet population that got here for the very first time...
For rest of us, it is laughter, to make fun or express sarcasm in a light way. When I express my happiness..I smile :)
To which I would ask -

• why are you not there already?
  • is it in your head as pipedream* - like castle in air or does it exist in the real world?
I'll let your imagination run wild for some time so your mind iterates through all the possibilities and then I will tell you and you'll like it :)

I'll let your imagination run wild for some time so your mind iterates through all the possibilities and then I will tell you and you'll like it
Well, I can only adduce that you -

• validate if not explicitly but by you electing to live in Sweden that secularism is entirely compatible with being a good Muslim. After all as a good Muslim you would depart pronto from Swden if you thought secularism was a anathema to Islam.

• that you hold another 'model' at higher level then secularism. The reason why I think it is a 'model' is that if it were real you would have moved there by now. Which makes me think this model is a pipedream in your head. A fantasy where everything is, well fantastic.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom