What's new

Coming Soon: Dennis Does Pakistan

Pakistan will be ruined by foreign tourists.
More roads
More hotels
More traffic
Greed
Alcohol

Plus side....standards may improve.

Pakistan will be ruined by foreign tourists.
More roads
More hotels
More traffic
Greed
Alcohol

Plus side....standards may improve.

LOL. The govt can choose to create and enforce all the necessary by-laws. Foreign tourists inherently won't be ruining anything. They will be saving us by improving our foreign reserves.

Plus, please have a look at what locals have done to our beautiful natural destinations --- full of trash.

The answer is eco-tourism
Yes it is.....but that needs a mind change amongst pakistanis first. I travel a lot in pakistan and i love nature and i dont want my country to change. I have see vietnam thailand cambodia india srilanka nepal change rapidly even african countries like kenya tanzania morocco etc are so far from their past. We have the advantage but no regulation so disaster to follow

LOL. The govt can choose to create and enforce all the necessary by-laws. Foreign tourists inherently won't be ruining anything. They will be saving us by improving our foreign reserves.

Plus, please have a look at what locals have done to our beautiful natural destinations --- full of trash.
I agree with all the above.
1. What has the government done since 1947. Why do u think they will change now.
2. Trash is not just the locals but all pakistani. Even in their homes they are like this.
Its very sad. Education and heavy fines.

like UK, Germany, Switzerland, China etc. are ruined by it? I say Pakistan can do with some of that kind of ruination
While there is some truth to mass tourism can have negative effects but as you suggest what is the alternative? Roads ruin the environment. Cars cause C02 emissions. Electricity generation pollutes the air. Airflights create noise pollution etc etc. Let's all go live in caves !

One of the best things about tourism that all the urban, well off talking heads, well fed, that bitch and moan ignore is tourists introduce dollars into the poor regions of the country and provide jobs that lifts many families out of poverty. Whilst this might not matter to urban middle class [the type who complain] living in cities like Karachi, Lahore etc but tourism is crucial in parts of Gilgit-Baltistan and would be the most effective way to bring jobs in backward parts of K-Pk. Nobody is going to open a steel plant or a garment factory in Swat or Chitral or Hunza. In these regions tourism industry could lift entire regions out of poverty.

Whilst this might not matter to urban middle class [the type who complain] living in cities like Karachi, Lahore etc but tourism is crucial in parts of Gilgit-Baltistan and would be the most effective way to bring jobs in backward parts of K-Pk.
esp. some who don't even like to live in Pakistan are falling over themselves to tell it about the benefits of isolation. close it up and all that nonsense.

anyways don't think Pakistan will heed these stupid self-righteous "advisors" and will make it easier. once I had to obtain 9 mini-visas (NOCs) to ride from Islamabad to Blochistan back up North to Gilgit to Islamabad to Azad Kashmir and places in-between

Last edited:
esp. some who don't even like to live in Pakistan are falling over themselves to tell it it about the benefits of isolation. close it up and all that nonsense.

anyways don't think Pakistan will heed these stupid self-righteous "advisors" and will make it easier. once I had to obtain 9 mini-visas (NOCs) to ride from Islamabad to Blochistan back up North to Gilgit to Islamabad to Azad Kashmir and places in-between
Ever heard of a guy preaching the virtues of not drinking alocohol while sat inside a club or pub licensed to sell alcohol products surrounded by drunks. That is exactly what some [anti-secular and anti-west] are.

@war&peace

Ever heard of a guy preaching the virtues of not drinking alcohol while sat inside a club or pub licensed to sell alcohol products surrounded by drunks. That is exactly what some [anti-secular and anti-west] are.

@war&peace
no, but have seen drivers who preach to or abuse other road users for breaking exact same rules that they themselves constantly break or never obey

Last edited:
Ever heard of a guy preaching the virtues of not drinking alocohol while sat inside a club or pub licensed to sell alcohol products surrounded by drunks. That is exactly what some [anti-secular and anti-west] are.

@war&peace
I really don't understand why did you tag me on this. I never entered a pub and preached about not selling the alcohol.

I really don't understand why did you tag me on this. I never entered a pub and preached about not selling the alcohol.
Your my living evidentiary exhibit for proof that secularism is compatible with good Muslims.

Guys, we interviewed Dennis a few months back, have a listen, extremely nice and knowledgable guy.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom