What's new

Come and get our uranium, Ambassador tells India

Yeti

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Indian media quote Zambia’s ambassador to India Allan D Kalebuku today saying that his country has deposits of uranium, oil and gas to satisfy India’s energy needs.

The ambassador said surveys have shown that there are substantial uranium, oil and gas deposits in Zambia which India could explore and extract for its energy requirement.

Speaking at an interactive session in the Merchants’ Chamber of Commerce, he, however, said both countries needed to have an extensive dialogue for the extraction of uranium for the sensitive nature of it.

India does not have sufficient uranium deposit and has to depend on import to meet its civil nuclear energy requirement.

Kalebuka said the country also required investment in tourism, fertiliser, cement, telecom and pharma.

The bilateral trade between the two countries has dropped to $ 190 million in 2009-10 from $ 207 million in 2007-08.

Come and get our uranium, Ambassador tells India

Nice offer by the Zambian President...tell me honestly guys do you think west and US would allow India to take that...ofcourse not. My two pennys.

@SkyWalker.. I agree somewhat... It is not about the west, but also how much the ambassador's words hold weight in Zambian politics. I am sure their people won't be happy when they see such an open invitation to India. It would be better if the Zambian companies seek technical collaboration with the Indian companies which would mean a win-win for people of both countries.

Concentrate on Thorium, we have that in abundance in India.

A deal between 2 sovereign nations is nothing to do with the west or US they have no sway to disrupt our business.

Iran Pakistan Pipeline

China Pakistan Energy Project

China Pakistan Harbour Project

... Just Saying

Iran Pakistan Pipeline

... Just Saying

:rofl::rofl::rofl: then indian people wonder about why china and Pakistan having Nuclear Plant deals and why indians jumps around the world about it

A deal between 2 sovereign nations is nothing to do with the west or US they have no sway to disrupt our business.

Iran Pakistan Pipeline

... Just Saying

Iran Pakistan pipeline is still going ahead 'according' to Pakistan and Iran sources an agreement has been signed but recent wikileads has this to say regarding it:

Despite Iran and Pakistan signing on an ambitious gas pipeline deal with its possible extension to India, the multi-billion project is unlikely to take off, according to the text of an American diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks. A source, whose name has been removed, in the cable confided to the US diplomat in a private conversation on June 4, 2009 that he viewed near-term implementation of the Iranian-Pakistani gas link project as "very unlikely", the cable said.

The downbeat comment by the was made despite the recent signing in Istanbul by President Ahmadinejad and President Zardari of an Iranian-Pakistani MoU committing to the gas project," it said. "According to this source, indicated that he had several reasons for this opinion, but the only one he elaborated was that "the Pakistanis don't have the money to pay for either the pipeline, or the gas," the cable said.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: then indian people wonder about why china and Pakistan having Nuclear Plant deals and why indians jumps around the world about it

nuclear deal has to be accepted by NPT:hitwall: thats why China can say yes to sell nuclear reactors to Pakistan but it has to go past NPT treaty first!

What it has got to do with India-Zambia. Or Perhaps you can take that India is not so much influenced by US like Pakistan.

Again for your benefit :

India, Namibia sign uranium supply deal

India Signs Uranium Mining, Supply Agreement With Kazakhstan - Bloomberg

India, Mongolia sign uranium agreement ~ Mongolian Views

I like how non of you got my point... :hitwall:

I am saying that powers that be can build hurdles and stumbling blocks. Perhaps comprehension is hard for few few on this forum but i didn't expect this from you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom