What's new

COMAC ARJ21 Regional Jet

Isn't this a shared platform with Bombardier - 100??
This aircraft fill the regional sector which can really transform air travel in Pakistan..as a worthy replacement for smaller inter-city routes..
No, it is basically a variant of the old DC9/MD80/Boeing 717 with a new wing, state of the art avionics and a contemporary turbofans.

Its body is made of better alloy which is lighter and stronger than MD80 and bend wingtip ensure better fuel consumption.
Is the body made of aluminum-lithium alloy? The arj21 is based on a proven design and was a smart minimal risk decision. It should be an excellent aircraft.

Is the body made of aluminum-lithium alloy? The arj21 is based on a proven design and was a smart minimal risk decision. It should be an excellent aircraft.

I wish things will go as you say and thank you for your kind words.

I wish things will go as you say and thank you for your kind words.
I also wish the same. Comac was very careful in bringing this product to market. The lessons learned in doing so should be invaluable. I am glad that they took their time and did not rush the project. It was a landmark accomplishment and I look forward to seeing more successes to come.

Anything positive about ARJ21 coming out of Taiwanese media? The island is very negative about anything mainland China these days.

Mostly they were quite positive, mentioning the extensive endurance tests the plane went through.

One news channel mentioned, though, that the jet plane was not allowed to operate in the US and EU. I am not sure about the authenticity of this statement, though.

Mostly they were quite positive, mentioning the extensive endurance tests the plane went through.

One news channel mentioned, though, that the jet plane was not allowed to operate in the US and EU. I am not sure about the authenticity of this statement, though.
Is it because if FAA not approved, they cannot land in their airports?

That's the reason. I guess FAA certification process is still ongoing. It might work out, as well.

Nevertheless, holding a certain share in home market (both passenger and cargo) is important, as well.

That's the reason. I guess FAA certification process is still ongoing. It might work out, as well.

Nevertheless, holding a certain share in home market (both passenger and cargo) is important, as well.
I dont think ARJ-21 main concern is to sell to North America market. The FAA cert is more of a doze of confident injected for credibilities and marketing for ARJ-21. Bulk of sales will still depend on China domestic market.

You can't fly over yankee airspace without their certs. That comes before landing your craft.

The EU goes by a different set of certs, forgot the name. But no, the FAA only goes for US airspace.

I don't think this will be a pressing permanent issue; when the CPC blocks ALL Boeing craft from operating within Chinese airspace, it's only a matter of time the FAA fools come crying voluntarily.

Yankees act tough up front, once provoked, they cry like little sissies.

The Mitsubishi looks a lot more modern.

I think that's because the angle of camera.

ARJ-21 is Beautiful one, although Comac C919 is much more Prettier. :smitten:
c99030dd90bb1e3ae74eb6a0651e93e6

getasset.aspx

getasset.aspx

By the way, Congrats for Chinese Aviation Industry :yahoo:
Another One step forward.

ARJ21 set for maiden flight in February
Shanghai Daily, January 7, 2016

China's first domestically made regional passenger jet, the ARJ21-700, will make its maiden commercial flight from southwest China to Shanghai in February.

Chengdu Airlines’ ARJ21-700 will take off from Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport in Sichuan Province for Hongqiao International Airport on February 28, with a stop in Changsha in Hunan Province, the budget airline said yesterday.

The airline, however, has not started selling tickets for the maiden flight.

It will operate the jet between Chengdu and Beijing soon.

The airline has ordered 30 of the twin-engine, 90-seat ARJ21 jets and plans to fly them on regional routes between Chengdu and Shenzhen in Guangdong Province, Nanjing in Jiangsu Province as well as other central and western Chinese cities.

It will take delivery of four more jets by year end.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom