What's new

COAS Visits AHQ Lauds PAF Professionalism !

SoMe if the areas are seemingly display centers but there are a few areas in the tweet video that are ops centers.

Looks almost like a “sir” designed place.Though I cannot verify I am certain there is no meaningful physical authorization and access control. Lighting seems to non diffused (the answer seems just darken the place), they are using laptops in places, lack of ergonomic design which will make the place tedious to work in, resulting in poor analysis. I wonder if air is purged and controlled, if power is redundant and DoD compliant - I can go on and on. Finally I wonder if these machines are hardware verified. Doubt on most of these areas. I haven’t even begun to speak to application and network level hardening around milspecs. And then finally the usability and intuitiveness of the systems and machine human interfaces and finally the analysis optimization using computational statistical modeling and ML where legitimate formulations are to be had.

I will even share Network Sharing IP and password with you. Wait please. Till then, does it look enough appealing to you Sir
B97FC736-1A55-4796-9B8E-7C28EAED1FBC.jpeg

Last edited:
Ra'ad and all positioning systems also some kind of ballistic trajectories on the left:
View attachment 778038

The screens on the right show what looks like the GNURadio toolkit, but the OS is Win 10 so that can't be :lol: Maybe they're using LabView or something

I think its "Digital Signal Processing"

More like 'Digital Signal Processor'. I see what appears to be an Ettus USRP SDR on the top shelf.
Most likely a quickly set up show for the photo op. Just a bunch of odds and ends gathered together along with presentations and charts/graphics on the screens and posters.

I have seen such 'demos' before in another place :lol:

From pics, it seems like they're trying to integrate all systems for better situation awareness in war zone.

Probably Labview since I saw a labview manual on one of the shelves.

Yepp, saw that later.
But the interface looks very much like GNURadio, maybe theyre using virtual machines to run it :lol:

Also, I caught FlightRadar24 in one of the initial shots

I think that the more we seek, the more things will start to come apart

Yepp, saw that later.
But the interface looks very much like GNURadio, maybe theyre using virtual machines to run it :lol:

Also, I caught FlightRadar24 in one of the initial shots

I think that the more we seek, the more things will start to come apart
Hey GNURadio is better than anything running on windows lol. Considering that it is a start I'm willing to give them a pass. I hope more serious efforts are done behind closed doors.

SATCOM Development:
View attachment 778037

Ra'ad and all positioning systems also some kind of ballistic trajectories on the left:
View attachment 778038
If they are doing on chip programming for using all these available Navigation systems, that will be great.
In that case the weapon guidance system can take reading from multiple positioning systems and calculate a mean position.
Also that will massively increase reliability. All the systems cannot go shut simultaneously or cannot have same induced errors.
Americans induce errors in their GPS signals transmitted in war zones or areas they don't like.
I for myself experienced an 8 mile positioning error during 2nd Gulf War

Pakistan’s military need’s a new branch dedicated to air defence. Like Egypt and Algeria have.

SoMe if the areas are seemingly display centers but there are a few areas in the tweet video that are ops centers.

Looks almost like a “sir” designed place.Though I cannot verify I am certain there is no meaningful physical authorization and access control. Lighting seems to non diffused (the answer seems just darken the place), they are using laptops in places, lack of ergonomic design which will make the place tedious to work in, resulting in poor analysis. I wonder if air is purged and controlled, if power is redundant and DoD compliant - I can go on and on. Finally I wonder if these machines are hardware verified. Doubt on most of these areas. I haven’t even begun to speak to application and network level hardening around milspecs. And then finally the usability and intuitiveness of the systems and machine human interfaces and finally the analysis optimization using computational statistical modeling and ML where legitimate formulations are to be had.

Using too many "buzz words" without proper application? I can tell you have some sort of infrastructure security related background with milspecs, but taking the NOC into a "computational modeling and ML" and the choice of words tells me you went above your head there.
If they are doing on chip programming for using all these available Navigation systems, that will be great.
In that case the weapon guidance system can take reading from multiple positioning systems and calculate a mean position.
Also that will massively increase reliability. All the systems cannot go shut simultaneously or cannot have same induced errors.
Americans induce errors in their GPS signals transmitted in war zones or areas they don't like.
I for myself experienced an 8 mile positioning error during 2nd Gulf War

There is no "chip programming" that was going on there. It's a tiny NOC. It's very obvious on what's going on there. For example, a few workstations dedicated to developing software or upgrading any existing software for GNSS, some trajectory modeling, Radar screens, satcom linked REK's / weapons software, and statistics coming in from some UAV's (from some other pictures in there), lastly, satellite monitoring for weather and area monitoring (Beidou connected workstations).
I'd redesign this NOC to look like a professional NOC with information sharing so it's disseminated across the country like this:

1631820501666.png

Last edited:
Drones and Jets are for parade and display purposes only and not for use during operations or air support for FC Jawans.

Using too many "buzz words" without proper application? I can tell you have some sort of infrastructure security related background with milspecs, but taking the NOC into a "computational modeling and ML" and the choice of words tells me you went above your head there.

There is no "chip programming" that was going on there. It's a tiny NOC. It's very obvious on what's going on there. For example, a few workstations dedicated to developing software or upgrading any existing software for GNSS, some trajectory modeling, Radar screens, satcom linked REK's / weapons software, and statistics coming in from some UAV's (from some other pictures in there), lastly, satellite monitoring for weather and area monitoring (Beidou connected workstations).
I'd redesign this NOC to look like a professional NOC with information sharing so it's disseminated across the country like this:

View attachment 778304
Sure i went above my level!! I am throwing all buzzwords and don't understand what they mean. Sorry sir.

But I'll take one stab so show my ignorance on these topics: Highly sensitive operational centers have what is called Transient Electro-Magnetic...(lets leave it at that), for which one of the needs is local grounding. Basically the power coming into your systems needs to be grounded within the structural limits of that area. That standard protects against potential signal leakage through power cables - something that is first hand validated. So I'll leave it at that, since I certainly dont want to just create a false bravado around me knowing anything about this space.

Afterall when I say "MilSpec" or DoD spec, or Hardware Crypto and its weakness in application especially in the key exchange process and ciphers (types), and the challenges for even a developed economy to do that safely, especially for their foreign missions (embassies) / remote locations. As far as NOC (operation centers), operating with ML/CM based triggers to enable large consumption of human/machine contextual data so decision making is faster and more accurate and can find real threats and challenges versus white noise. All of this is mumbo jumbo!!!

What seems to have been built is a monitoring station, not an operations center.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom