What's new

CM-400AKG: Pakistan's supersonic carrier killer

and keep dreaming indians that you will intercept missile through naval sams. There is difference b/w theoraticals claims and claims verified through tests and experiments.

Such statements look good if applied to all departments of Govt.
One should start from the top to bottom; PM house, President house, NA, Provincial Assemblies...that is total of over 1000 seats and lots of politicians too with their 'allotted' budget, if one starts trimming them and then defence, then will everything become fine? I believe it will...

Take a bow sir .... :tup:

If a ASCM is just above sea 1-2 M it will be very hard for radar to detect it and when it does either too late or have to depend on CIWS ,you can call 10M - 15M above sea a sea skimmer its your choice .

Who is disuputing the fact that missiles like exocet are harder to detect? I was replying to your idiotic assumption that only a missile flying at 1-2 m above sea level will be considered a true "sea skimmer" and even supersonic missiles sea skimming at level of 4 m is not a "true sea skimmer"..You should not make things up to prove your point..

The purpose of sea skimming is ultimately to reduce reaction time of defence systems enemy ship as much as possible..In this aspect,brahmos sea skimming at 4m at mach2+ will give much less reaction time than Exocet sea skimming at 1-2 m at subsonic speeds...Indian Navy is a buyer of both missiles and the price paid for brahmos is much higher than that of exocet..

Now that the Chinese have unveiled the new lollipop and there has been no holds bar here in this forum... stupidity shooting beyond roofs.. defying laws of nature aswell as Physics.. the thinks tanks... a few who are calculating momentum and claiming it to be K.E. with no restrictions of dimension of the measurements units... claiming active radar guidance a few claiming passive guidance.

I found this one the top of the chart.

Lets us be familiar with the "active guidance" of yours sir which some how picks the target where the parent radar fails to do so.

this "lollipop" has hurt many egos since the day it is revealed. Now you want to know about fire and forget process. Hmmm. I suggest you watch the designers interview posted few pages ago but then, .... :)

Are these missiles going to be used in our F22P frigate fleet of 4 (plus 6 frigates being built)
These are a great addition

If a ASCM is just above sea 1-2 M it will be very hard for radar to detect it

Wouldn't the missile's (friction) heat signature against a cold ocean background stand out like a sore thumb? How many natural phenomena travel supersonic? Once the IR sensors detect something fishy on the water, the radar can be used to pinpoint.

JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM++500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+LT-2LS-500J+Laser++HAFER+H-4PGM+RAAD+MAR-1+%25285%2529.jpg

The plane keeps getting lethal by the day ...

JF17 thunder will be equipped to tooth .. to fight off any agressors

DS3vf.jpg

sinking21.jpg

Even the ... mighty carriers disappear in the vastness of sea once the Chinese CM-400AKG hits and makes a hole in it

Indians are so much thumping their chests over Barak SAM system. Indians you have been ripped off again by Israelis.:cheesy:
Below video showed the reality of much hyped Iron Dome, and Iron Dome rockets instead of intercepting home-made Palestinian rockets are falling themselves on Israeli population.

If thats the performance against home-made rockets what will be the performance of Israeli SAMs against CM-400AKG...??
I think Indian SAMs will be falling back over IN warships:toast_sign:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is disuputing the fact that missiles like exocet are harder to detect? I was replying to your idiotic assumption that only a missile flying at 1-2 m above sea level will be considered a true "sea skimmer" and even supersonic missiles sea skimming at level of 4 m is not a "true sea skimmer"..You should not make things up to prove your point..

The purpose of sea skimming is ultimately to reduce reaction time of defence systems enemy ship as much as possible..In this aspect,brahmos sea skimming at 4m at mach2+ will give much less reaction time than Exocet sea skimming at 1-2 m at subsonic speeds...Indian Navy is a buyer of both missiles and the price paid for brahmos is much higher than that of exocet..

Noob question - Wouldn't a Brahmos traveling at 4m from the sea-level & at that speed with that engine configuration give off an enormously large heat-signature that may off-set any (or most of the) benefit accrued from 'sea skimming' ?

Furthermore, if I were to assume that the Brahmos isn't going to sea-skim till much later into the stage as opposed to doing it since the inception or even before mid-course, wouldn't it be detected by any vessel with an able radar perhaps 100 or 200 Kms away, because of that heat-signature ?

@Penguin : Dude, can you pitch in as well ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone so concerned about the missile and it's lethality? Soon enough, it will be tested and we can all rest! :D

Btw, as no one is congratulating us, I'll congratulate ourselves for this acquisition. Yes yes, we bought it. Does that make it any less lethal? Let's see who else can go and "just buy it" like an off-the-shelf item, don't think so!

Please, don't let it give you indigestion. Bravado aside, serious engineers and defense analysts (Indian/Pakistani) understand very well the implications of this acquisition by Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom