What's new

CM-400AKG: Pakistan's supersonic carrier killer

this "lollipop" has hurt many egos since the day it is revealed. Now you want to know about fire and forget process. Hmmm. I suggest you watch the designers interview posted few pages ago but then, .... :)

Something straight out of 70s and retired from most AFs around the world... oh yes it must have.
I would suggest you to read few good books on radars, antennas and wave propagation before making audacious claims to which rest of the world's audience laugh.

My question still stands "How does the seeker of your missile which has smaller aperture size than the aircraft's radar picks up and tracks the target when the aircraft's radar fails to do so.. for the mentioned range of missile which is upto 240km.".. the different frequency bands between the missile seeker and aircraft's radar considered.

If you have slightest of weight behind what you keep spraying all around in this forum you'd be able to answer this... more so that you are a think tank here and people seek you thinking advice... its time you gave one.. about this one.

radar does not have to guide the missile in either case, particularly when the missile has on-board seeker that activates during flight trajectory. Active guidance is the name of the game here.

Unfortunately, no videos yet as far as i know :(

Something straight out of 70s and retired from most AFs around the world... oh yes it must have.
I would suggest you to read few good books on radars, antennas and wave propagation before making audacious claims to which rest of the world's audience laugh.

My question still stands "How does the seeker of your missile which has smaller aperture size than the aircraft's radar picks up and tracks the target when the aircraft's radar fails to do so.. for the mentioned range of missile which is upto 240km.".. the different frequency bands between the missile seeker and aircraft's radar considered.

If you have slightest of weight behind what you keep spraying all around in this forum you'd be able to answer this... more so that you are a think tank here and people seek you thinking advice... its time you gave one.. about this one.

The seeker comes in during the terminal phase of the target which can be pre-set(a building) or based on known co-ordinates(handed off target co-ordinates based on external platform such as the ZDK).
So the missile flies to a pre-set point via GPS and then turns its seeker on to look for the target and acquire it.
Its a fairly common method of missile guidance and has been around since the late 80's..
Dont you know anything about weapons to be asking such questions?

The seeker comes in during the terminal phase of the target which can be pre-set(a building) or based on known co-ordinates(handed off target co-ordinates based on external platform such as the ZDK).
So the missile flies to a pre-set point via GPS and then turns its seeker on to look for the target and acquire it.
Its a fairly common method of missile guidance and has been around since the late 80's..
Dont you know anything about weapons to be asking such questions?

his intention is pretty clear, panic and... :D

Are you so lazy that you can't even google any thing yourself? or its just your way to come in any thread and start trolling?

Now read and learn..

In missiles the first is the launch or boost phase in which the guidance system is usually disabled to allow the missile to safely travel away from the launch platform. The majority of the flight is flown using mid-course guidance, during which the missile makes slight adjustments to its trajectory allowing it to reach the vicinity of the target. The final phase is terminal guidance when the missile uses a highly accurate tracking system to make rapid maneuvers for intercepting the target. Many missiles use a different type of guidance in the midcourse phase than in the terminal phase.

Now go and read more on your own.

I wasn't asking for a Divan-i-Hypie but thats just too minimal ! :blink:

How much do you think would one of these cost ? And do tell that relative to other missiles that we have; Exocet, Sidewinders, Ra'ads etc. to give me a decent comparative of whether we'd have the cash to procure them.

For example : It'll cost as much as : 2 Exocets, 10 Sidewinders or 1 Ra'ad ! Something...gimme something to work here, Rora ! :hitwall:
CM-400AKG is said to be a YJ12 derative and YJ12 is quoted as having a unit cost of US$ 1.8 million (as compared to US$ 2.73 million for Brahmos). I would expect CM-400 AKG to be in a similar price bracket. The unit cost for Harpoon block II is US$1.2 million. AIM9 Sidewinder has a unit cost of US$85,000.
YJ-12 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BrahMos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpoon_(missile)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIM-9_Sidewinder

Based on a recent Indonesian deal, the price of the SS-N-26 Yakhont was US$1.2 million per missile and that of Exocet MM40 block II about $1.3-$1,4 million per missile.
http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=27355.0

1986 prices Exocet different versions x domestic or exprt: see http://books.google.nl/books?id=l-D...#v=onepage&q=mm-40 exocet "unit cost"&f=false

I'm a man of very few words. If it works as advertised and provided we get large enough numbers of it, plus 'if' we are allowed to tinker around in secret with it's guidance software and terminal-phase attack mechanics ---- then KABOOM!!! :D

There are 2 oddities with htis acquisition. Why did PAF declare this capability so early when traditionally it does not declare what capabilities it has acquired? I have been thinking hard about the motive behind this. Second oddity is the rapidity of this purchase. It is not customary for PAF to buy something unless it is assured of the capabilities of the system.
I honestly dont know what the motives and reasoning behind it is, but think that the PAF were suitably impressed with the system to have acquired it.
Hyperion, in recent PAF history two systems(that I know of!!) have been bought when their technical prowess has not been known to the world.ZDK03 and CM400AKG. Allegedly we were supposed to tinker with the former to make it better. Although not enough information is available to say one way or another, if the system is not good enough and PAF has yet bought it, it may be for the very purpose that you have mentioned. The chinese dont mind it primarily because if it leads to a better system, they gain from it as well.
Araz

Maybe the CM400AKG is developed specificly for PAF. The next story will be that China transfer the tech to Pakistan, and then you would make it larger and more sofisticated.

CM400AKG is not similar to YJ-12 or Brahmos because they are both ramjet powered and could be fired in hi/lo mode.

@Oscar,
Is that enough to sink a carrier?

Not even close.. not even a barrage.
But "sinking" a carrier is a misnomer..
Disabling it, or at least disrupting flight operations is the more realistic goal.
Say hit the bridge.. hit the hanger deck..
That blast is still enough to damage recovery gear and spew debris all over the deck..
hence.. flight ops.. disrupted.. effectiveness of carrier = 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even close.. not even a barrage.
But "sinking" a carrier is a misnomer..
Disabling it, or at least disrupting flight operations is the more realistic goal.
Say hit the bridge.. hit the hanger deck..
That blast is still enough to damage recovery gear and spew debris all over the deck..
hence.. flight ops.. disrupted.. effectiveness of carrier = 0

Mate the attack vector of this missile is almost vertical @ Mach 5+. Imagine what a conventional warhead will do to a carrier at those velocities!

If it somehow gets through the AD of the carrier group - then you'll have large ship with a gaping hole in it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom