What's new

Clueless on China

U r proving to be a chinese(maybe of US origin but chinese) very quickly.
India did commit mistake in not realising Chinese designs. Nehru didnt backstab indian army. the Indian govt commited a mistake in not seeing the chinese intentions. true.

I am an Indian origin American....my words have more weight now?

In modern world u cant claim any land which is under another country government rule. Ur govt claimed Indian land AP and these things happen on border.

were ur soldiers mouth shut by tape...:rofl::rofl:

There will always be dispute in this world! We are mere passby in History and cannot know what happened earlier.

Be realistic and come to modern world. There will be no changes in the current territory.

Your kind of hatred are the making of terrorist.

There will always be dispute in this world! We are mere passby in History and cannot know what happened earlier.

Be realistic and come to modern world. There will be no changes in the current territory.

Your kind of hatred are the making of terrorist.

terrorist... hatred...:rofl::rofl:

lets back ur wording with action, and let China withdraw claim on AP..
i told we will trust what China does and not what it says....words are meaningless, actions give true picture..

terrorist... hatred...:rofl::rofl:

lets back ur wording with action, and let China withdraw claim on AP..
i told we will trust what China does and not what it says....words are meaningless, actions give true picture..

China will not give up the claim on AP and neither it will attack AP. Grow up kid, face the facts!

it's not that easy ,bro.all the effords on promoting friendship will be fruitless without boundary delimitation, it can only remain at the diplomatic level,indians' suspicion against china are derived from distortion of that stupid war,and their govt still refuse to open the official files after 50 years , i doubt they will ever do that as india always attempt to achieve her superpower dream through the military rising ,china's growth provides them such a great excuse,it's like the history is repeating again,india govt official and media keep propagating how aggressive chinese are around the border,our self-restraint is wrong interpreted as the fear to war,i don't know which side will win next time,but i am sure it will happen if both sides go towards the current direction ,personally it's time for china to give up the "韬光养晦"policy and separate countries with will from other side,our soft policy will only indirect exacerbate the situation and eventually led to war

Unfortunately, I too think a war in the near future is imminent. It is never good for either china or India, but unless we take a step back, put aside our egos, hurt and show gestures of goodwill we are definitely in for a war.

Let me play out a scenario.

Thing is, with the current situation China wont want to initiate a war because it doesnt want to screw up its perfectly well oiled machine of an econoamy and because India is playing it cool not doing anything rash to tick their neighbours off (India cant afford a war now). US and the others are just looking for an opportunity to subdue China. China doesnt want to give them are reason. China has never a good reason to go to war with india. It is content as long as it can intimidate its neighbour at its whim.

But eventually after 10-15 years, using India's good growth, it would have considerably boosted its defence capabillities. Now its military would be far more confident that it can hold off against China. They would say so to the government. With goading from US (read CIA) paid indian Journos and diplomats, the indian government would decide that talks are not goin anywhere. They would start fencing or do aggressive patrolling on the Chinese border. The Chinese, used to India being submissive, wont like this. The tensions would rise. Killing of a soldier or destroying a patrol on either side, due to the uncertain nature of the border demarcation will lead to sides accusing each other and escalation to war.

If there is a republican govt in US, and US has freed itself considerably from it economic mess right now, and gotten itself out of its current wars, would jump at the opportunity to do the proxy war and sell more arms. Russia would sell arms anyway. They will find it as a chance to soften China without sticking their neck out. They want to keep China as a cheap labour to their wantonness and not an economic superpower as it is emerging now. I dont blame them, if you are stupid enough, you ought to be exploited. Our economic clock will be set 30 years back and we will start from scratch.

The hard earned prosperity of China and India would go down the drain of military spending. The funny thing is both China and India don't have any good reason forgoing to/winning a war, no oil to be had, no strategical objective to be completed, no natural resources.

But if the current situation continues, war is bound to happen, whether we like it or not. And its gonna be caused only because of misunderstanding and failed diplomacy.

If you see the scenario above, you will see the main reason for a war would be Indian ego, goaded by the west (this is happening now, india being termed as a military and economic superpower in western media is a calculated move) All Chinese diplomats need to do is to massage India's ego and treat them as equals, instead of treating us as a naughty child who deserves to be *** whupped into submission.
And not provoke india by selling arms to Pakistan. Make your india policy clear. I have a lot of chinese friends, and I find that we asians respect honor more than anything else. So shouldn't we give and get respect? Do we want to go to war over a trivial thing as mis-communication in this age of the internet?

But I know it is almost impossible for the chinese communist regime to soften in front of its 'enemy' and thus show a sign of weakness to its own people and US and others. Hence we are on this sliding course of collision, which is avoidable yet cannot be avoided, playing into the hands of the US and others.

I dont really know/care whose fault was 62'. But it would be China's fault if it repeats. Make no mistake it will happen again if the present situation continues. I am putting the onus for initiative on China because they are the more powerful country of the two and more in a position to be magnanimous. India is already playing to Chinese fiddle, with a smiling face on the outside and with a aching, humiliated heart in the outside looking for the time to negotiate on a level playing ground. And the fact that makes this more stupid is the fact that india-china culture is more similar than china-pakistan culture. Here in the US i can identify myself with and talk to easily with the chinese/taiwanese than I can do with persians/pakistanis. Sigh...

China will not give up the claim on AP and neither it will attack AP. Grow up kid, face the facts!

so u say/know territories will not change.. but u wont give up claim.. WHY.??
Duplicity or no desire for peace or u want a conflict to be on always deliberately.
and obviously till u give up claim, we dont trust u on AP...:cheers:
ur words have no meaning... ok let ur actions speak.

Duplicity or no desire for peace or u want a conflict to be on always deliberately.

China thinks AP is its trump card in case of negotiations. They have no real intentions of annexing AP.
But let me say how stupid this is. Its like India claiming Beijing as its territory. In case of a negotiations we say ok give up tibet, we will give up Beijing. It is the result of stupid politics like this that border negotiations dont proceed any further.

I am pretty confident we would have resolved the border dispute long back if the Indian members in this forum and the chinese members negotiated a settlement. :hitwall:

I am an Indian origin American....my words have more weight now?

Why do you have to give your ethnicity before "Rahul Indian" will respect you?

Discrimination at it's finest. For the record I am ethnic Chinese so I'm sure "Rahul Indian" will ignore everything I have to say.

Why do you have to give your ethnicity before "Rahul Indian" will respect you?

Discrimination at it's finest. For the record I am ethnic Chinese so I'm sure "Rahul Indian" will ignore everything I have to say.

I don't care what he thinks...I say it as it is.

At least he has to say something now than accuse me of being Chinese.

Unfortunately, I too think a war in the near future is imminent. It is never good for either china or India, but unless we take a step back, put aside our egos, hurt and show gestures of goodwill we are definitely in for a war.

Let me play out a scenario.

Thing is, with the current situation China wont want to initiate a war because it doesnt want to screw up its perfectly well oiled machine of an econoamy and because India is playing it cool not doing anything rash to tick their neighbours off (India cant afford a war now). US and the others are just looking for an opportunity to subdue China. China doesnt want to give them are reason. China has never a good reason to go to war with india. It is content as long as it can intimidate its neighbour at its whim.

But eventually after 10-15 years, using India's good growth, it would have considerably boosted its defence capabillities. Now its military would be far more confident that it can hold off against China. They would say so to the government. With goading from US (read CIA) paid indian Journos and diplomats, the indian government would decide that talks are not goin anywhere. They would start fencing or do aggressive patrolling on the Chinese border. The Chinese, used to India being submissive, wont like this. The tensions would rise. Killing of a soldier or destroying a patrol on either side, due to the uncertain nature of the border demarcation will lead to sides accusing each other and escalation to war.

If there is a republican govt in US, and US has freed itself considerably from it economic mess right now, and gotten itself out of its current wars, would jump at the opportunity to do the proxy war and sell more arms. Russia would sell arms anyway. They will find it as a chance to soften China without sticking their neck out. They want to keep China as a cheap labour to their wantonness and not an economic superpower as it is emerging now. I dont blame them, if you are stupid enough, you ought to be exploited. Our economic clock will be set 30 years back and we will start from scratch.

The hard earned prosperity of China and India would go down the drain of military spending. The funny thing is both China and India don't have any good reason forgoing to/winning a war, no oil to be had, no strategical objective to be completed, no natural resources.

But if the current situation continues, war is bound to happen, whether we like it or not. And its gonna be caused only because of misunderstanding and failed diplomacy.

If you see the scenario above, you will see the main reason for a war would be Indian ego, goaded by the west (this is happening now, india being termed as a military and economic superpower in western media is a calculated move) All Chinese diplomats need to do is to massage India's ego and treat them as equals, instead of treating us as a naughty child who deserves to be *** whupped into submission.
And not provoke india by selling arms to Pakistan. Make your india policy clear. I have a lot of chinese friends, and I find that we asians respect honor more than anything else. So shouldn't we give and get respect? Do we want to go to war over a trivial thing as mis-communication in this age of the internet?

But I know it is almost impossible for the chinese communist regime to soften in front of its 'enemy' and thus show a sign of weakness to its own people and US and others. Hence we are on this sliding course of collision, which is avoidable yet cannot be avoided, playing into the hands of the US and others.

I dont really know/care whose fault was 62'. But it would be China's fault if it repeats. Make no mistake it will happen again if the present situation continues. I am putting the onus for initiative on China because they are the more powerful country of the two and more in a position to be magnanimous. India is already playing to Chinese fiddle, with a smiling face on the outside and with a aching, humiliated heart in the outside looking for the time to negotiate on a level playing ground. And the fact that makes this more stupid is the fact that india-china culture is more similar than china-pakistan culture. Here in the US i can identify myself with and talk to easily with the chinese/taiwanese than I can do with persians/pakistanis. Sigh...

That's a good potray of scenerio!

However, i think that GOI s more professional now will not do anything rash! Chinese leadership will not do anything rash unless it concern national security.

There is no advantage of annexing AP. This is a lot of repercussion for Chinese leader if they give up AP without any good reason! This is the historical burden Chinese leader needs to shoulder.

I do not know if you "low" IQ is able to comprehend that! By the way, British created AP for India. Blame China if you want

Your analysis is correct.

To understand the Chinese, you need to understand the concept of "face". Which is very similar to the Asian concept of "honour".

Face (sociological concept) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I.e. The Chinese leadership cannot look weak in public. In private however, you can negotiate anything you want. As long as it does not publicly make the Chinese side lose face.

The Chinese leadership, and the Indian leadership... I think they BOTH understand this, which is why I doubt there will be a war. There is certainly an understanding between the leaders of both countries.

That's a good potray of scenerio!

However, i think that GOI s more professional now will not do anything rash! Chinese leadership will not do anything rash unless it concern national security.

I really hope so... But you never know what these ******** politicians are upto. Anything in today's situation can trigger a war unless we make progress with dialogues. An accidental firing of a missile, a plane straying into enemy territory being shot down, a border patrol straying into other countries borders and a plethora of other scenarios. This state of mistrust should not be left to proceed any further.

Your analysis is correct.

To understand the Chinese, you need to understand the concept of "face". Which is very similar to the Asian concept of "honour".

Face (sociological concept) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I.e. The Chinese leadership cannot look weak in public. In private however, you can negotiate anything you want. As long as it does not publicly make the Chinese side lose face.

The Chinese leadership, and the Indian leadership... I think they BOTH understand this, which is why I doubt there will be a war. There is certainly an understanding between the leaders of both countries.

We also have the term 'face'. But it is not considered a virtue by all the people. In india, atleast south india, new generation people think of it as the impediment to progress. Also we have a saying 'One who forgives is a man, one who asks for forgiveness is a greater man' (rough translation)

It is more noble to go down to the level of the lesser guy and make deal. We respect that more, the entire world does.

I think Chinese leadership is in a position to put an end to this dispute once and for all, while they are in an advantaged position, and while India hasnt bridged the economic and military divide, by a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom