What's new

Claims of some North Korean starving individuals are eating own kids

I don't know when this became about China. North Korea has, and always has had, an unruly government; the Chinese don't control it, as is clear in the fact that even China will occasionally underwrite the UN sanctions against that country.

The Chinese are the crutch that hold up the Kims. If they remove their financial support the Kims would openly accept change or be overthrown by the military itself. Or China can just say they will not interfere on North Koreas behalf militarily and the South Koreans can take it from there.

NK's ruling elite are indeed the primary culprits, but China has a portion of the blame for continuing to associate with such an odious regime. China is widely speculated to be the one pole on which North Korea's reign of terror can continue. Without China's support supposedly North Korea would collapse and finally be reformed.

Is this true? Its unknown, but A North Korea without Chinese support would surely have a shorter 'shelf life' than with it.

Just WOW.
Lets stop feeding the North Koreans and let them starve and die so that their future is bright!

Why dont you burn down your house so that you can build yourself a new and better one?

anon45 too an Indian? :rofl:

@ontopic

Misery of NK is NK's doing itself, blaming China is like India or Pakistan blaming UK for the present problems.

Hope they don't discover i'm a false-flag Antartican :lol:

China props up the commies in North Korea because they are insecure about having a thriving democracy which happens to be a huge US ally on their direct borders. North Korea is their buffer satellite state.

Or China can just say they will not interfere on North Koreas behalf militarily and the South Koreans can take it from there.

Seriously dude?
You do know that there are tens of thousands of artillery pieces pointing at Seoul, the South Korean capitol? South Korea is like a fully armed soldier up against a ragged malnourished beggar but the begger has his hands firmly on the soldiers balls.

The Chinese are the crutch that hold up the Kims. If they remove their financial support the Kims would openly accept change or be overthrown by the military itself. Or China can just say they will not interfere on North Koreas behalf militarily and the South Koreans can take it from there.

I don't think the Kims are the worst element in the NK regime -- at least since the demise of Jong-Il this is debatable. Kim Jong-un appears to have a reformist agenda; what is precluding him from pursuing it, it seems, is the military, which doesn't want to see its budget contract.

Plus, the Kims are not of the type that compromises. When aid inflows drop, they know how to get it to increase again, without altering their policies. IMO, if there's one element outside of the NK regime that is responsible for the country's humanitarian crisis, it is South Korea. For the last years, SK has pursued a confrontation policy towards the North, including by withholding investment in the country, even after it became clear that this course of action has not resulted in a more malleable North; quite the contrary.

China props up the commies in North Korea because they are insecure about having a thriving democracy which happens to be a huge US ally on their direct borders. North Korea is their buffer satellite state.

you are just clueless as indian cheerleaders

what does this pic tell you!

132093959_31n.JPG

S. Korea's president-elect meets with special Chinese envoy - Xinhua | English.news.cn

This is so sad. I can only imagine the hunger and the turmoil which is going on there if people are resorting to cannibalism (and that too of their own children) in their desperate attempt to survive. If this is the effect of sanctions then the world needs to reconsider

Why are Chinese so anti-Indian on this forum? An American of Pakistani descent is making a point and all they do is insult Indians. Imagine if somebody had to accuse them of being Japs in disguise

:rofl: :rofl:

Actually no, I am a concerned citizen of humanity who can see the Chinese for what they really are. I don't blame you for being blind though I know how hard it is for information to be openly spread in CCP China. :wave:

BTW I am American Pakistani.

I dont give a fook what nationality you are, your posts reveals that you fall in the category of 'ignorant'.

I don't think the Kims are the worst element in the NK regime -- at least since the demise of Jong-Il this is debatable. Kim Jong-un appears to have a reformist agenda; what is precluding him from pursuing it, it seems, is the military, which doesn't want to see its budget contract.

Plus, the Kims are not of the type that compromises. When aid inflows drop, they know how to get it to increase again, without altering their policies. IMO, if there's one element outside of the NK regime that is responsible for the country's humanitarian crisis, it is South Korea. For the last years, SK has pursued a confrontation policy towards the North, including by withholding investment in the country, even after it became clear that this course of action has not resulted in a more malleable North; quite the contrary.

I would not blame the South for being confrontational, for years they have had to deal with threats from the North. Now they decide to threaten the North back and the Northerners are victims? The Kims will eventually be overthrown, what the Chinese must ask themselves is how long can they keep them propped up and if they want to be on the losing side of the coin when the hammer drops.

I dont give a fook what nationality you are, your posts reveals that you fall in the category of 'ignorant'.

I am ignorant but you Chinese assumed I was Indian just because I do not agree with your policies. :rolleyes:

That just shows a diplomatic meeting, your point?

What dress was she wearing?

our relationship with both Koreans are almost just as good on both sides!

Do you know which country that the new S Korean PM‘s envoy first visits after their PM takes office?

yup!a synomym!

What dress was she wearing?

our relationship with both Koreans are almost just as good on both sides!

Do you know which country that the new S Korean PM‘s envoy first visits after their PM takes office?

That is besides the point, you even have trade with India yet your CCP is not fond of their form of governance. You have no problems having good relations but do not want to share a direct border with them in fear that their democracy will influence your populace to demand democratic change. Also South Korea is a US ally more so than India so that irks you off a lot more. If this was not the case why did you Chinese get involved in the Korean war to begin with???

That is besides the point, you even have trade with India yet your CCP is not fond of their form of governance. You have no problems having good relations but do not want to share a direct border with them in fear that their democracy will influence your populace to demand democratic change. Also South Korea is a US ally more so than India so that irks you off a lot more. If this was not the case why did you Chinese get involved in the Korean war to begin with???

That is the point. Diplomatic nuances speak volumes

that is the sad part (Korean Penisula war). We move on and modify our forms and ideologies while the americans are forcing theirs onto the N Koreans while keeping the S Koreans as puppets.

I would not blame the South for being confrontational, for years they have had to deal with threats from the North. Now they decide to threaten the North back and the Northerners are victims? The Kims will eventually be overthrown, what the Chinese must ask themselves is how long can they keep them propped up and if they want to be on the losing side of the coin when the hammer drops.

Relations between the two Ks used to be less tense in the years of the Sunshine policy.

And I'd advise you against this liberal optimism on your post. Even such oppressives regimes as the North Korean can survive for long, in case they find a position of equilibrium in the international balance of forces, and can maintain enough social cohesion in its interior. And it seems NK has managed to do both. With a large army, which has fastly improved its capabilities for the decade; and a subdued population that is completely closed to the outside world, and is exposed to nothing political but government propaganda -- I don't think there are conditions for regime change in NK anytime soon, and this is not China's fault.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom