What's new

Civil war in Ukraine: News & discussion

lol sure, I'm just half serious here but I still view you with suspicion.. you only post articles, never your own views, which reek of weak propaganda really.

you'll do a better job if you act like an actual angry with/scared of Russia, Lithuanian guy :enjoy:

or maybe I have it all wrong, maybe you are an Indian guy but maybe found a woman in Lithuania and have little hybrid Indian/Lithuanian brood to feed lol

apart from those with wifes/gfs etc (and I know some), any Indian who gives a fuk about this and bothers to research it supports the Novorossiyan struggle and Russia's position on it :coffee:

anyway, good luck with whatever you're up to but everyday more of the world wakes up to the CIA sponsored neo nazi fronted coup and the western financed destruction of Ukraine.

Everyone do have thier own point of view and even suspicions and i always try to put my point in a civilised way.

I am an Indian who never forget from where i have came and who i am and where i have to stand and for what.

Things are really not so good in the region and United states only can defend the freedom of these people from the largest Nuclear weapons state country which is having a large military.

The collapse of UAF quickened recently. Unless western forces intervene, the upcoming surrender of UAF is certain.

According to Ukraine Tv , two Ukrainian soldiers have been killed in clashes.

20:56 Feb. 23, 2015

UAF doesnt have any option but to place its heavy weapons because of the ceasefire violations.

Everyone do have thier own point of view and even suspicions and i always try to put my point in a civilised way.

I am an Indian who never forget from where i have came and who i am and where i have to stand and for what.

Things are really not so good in the region and United states only can defend the freedom of these people from the largest Nuclear weapons state country which is having a large military.
I don't think Russia pose any military threat to any of the baltic barnacles already in NATO hands.. really

Donbass is a completely different situation, and it's irresponsible and stupid of anyone who tries to fan those flames any further... you want to start WW3 or what ? o_O

I don't think Russia pose any military threat to any of the baltic barnacles already in NATO hands.. really

Donbass is a completely different situation, and it's irresponsible and stupid of anyone who tries to fan those flames any further... you want to start WW3 or what ? o_O

Things are different on the ground and NATO alliance is not going to take any chances.

NATO Response force numbers have been increased to 30,000 and to have high readliness force of land brigade of around 5,000 in six command and control units each in Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Romania.

Things are different on the ground and NATO alliance is not going to take any chances.

NATO Response force numbers have been increased to 30,000 and to have high readliness force of land brigade of around 5,000 in six command and control units each in Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Romania.

Bulgaria, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland and Romania can endure just one meal time against the bear. And I am not sure about Bulgaria's willingness.

Is the war over yet?

No. Clashes are still going on. Russian backed troops are just 30 kms away from coastal city of Mariupol with more reinforcement of tanks and armour vehicles and even heavy fighting is continuing around Pisky in east Ukraine and Kharkiv bomb blast etc seems like ceasefire is not working.

Bulgaria, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland and Romania can endure just one meal time against the bear. And I am not sure about Bulgaria's willingness.

According to Bulgarian MoD.

“Bulgaria has already been working on the deployment of such centres; the decision was made by us as part of the consistent policy pursued by our country,” commented Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev when asked about the decision on the setting up of command and control centres in six East European NATO Allies.

No. Clashes are still going on. Russian backed troops are just 30 kms away from coastal city of Mariupol with more reinforcement of tanks and armour vehicles and even heavy fighting is continuing around Pisky in east Ukraine and Kharkiv bomb blast etc seems like ceasefire is not working.

Roos zindabad!

One soldier killed, seven wounded in Donbas in past 24 hours| Ukrinform
KYIV, February 24 /Ukrinform/. One Ukrainian serviceman has been killed and seven have been wounded in the area of the anti-terrorist operation in Donbas in the past 24 hours.

Spokesman for the anti-terrorist operation in eastern Ukraine Andriy Lysenko said this at a briefing in Kyiv on Tuesday.

"During the shelling and clashes Ukraine has lost one soldier, another seven were injured in past 24 hours," he said.

Four more servicemen released from captivity| Ukrinform
KYIV, February 24 /Ukrinform/. Four more Ukrainian servicemen have been released from captivity today.

Vasyl Budyk, member of the working group on release of prisoners, has told this an Ukrinform correspondent.

"Four more Ukrainian servicemen have been released today: two of them are members of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, two other are from the Donbas battalion. Now they go to our staff," Budyk said.

According to him, several minibuses with clothes, medicines, foods have been recently sent to the prisoners to Donetsk and Luhansk districts.

24 Feb 2015, 09:40
Generally, the enemy violates the truce in Debaltseve direction.

Donetsk direction: terrorists used artillery and mortars against Opytne, Tonenke, Avdiyvka. Moreover, yesterday, about 9:00 p.m. the enemy made attempt to assault the Ukrainian positions near Dutovska mine.

Mariupil: the bandits continue attacks against the Ukrainian positions near Shyrokine.

There were no attacks in Lugansk direction.

Totally, the terrorists have attacked the ATO positions for 12 times.

There are the flights (10) of the enemy drones along the frontline.

Tuesday, February 24, RIVNE – Mobilized servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine took the oath of allegiance to the Ukrainian people. 700 men joined the army.
78ecfa0e1f94b9b6ee6a1484142a326f225772b0.jpg

Ukrainian border guards report four drones flying into Ukraine from Russia| Ukrinform
KYIV, February 24 /Ukrinform/. Terrorists continue to use aerial reconnaissance drones. For the past day, 13 episodes of drones were reported, including four drones flying over from Russia.

Ukraine's border control service stated the news on its website.

"In total for the Donbas conflict zone, 13 drones were observed over the towns of Kramatorsk, Mariupol, Sartana, Velyka Novosilka, Donetsk and Starobilsk, four of them invaded the airspace of Ukraine from Russia," the statement noted.

No overnight shelling and attacks on the border control service of Ukraine by the terrorists was reported. However, the situation in regions of the anti-terrorist operation remains tense.

CIA strikes again.

At least two killed in blast at peace march in Ukraine's Kharkiv
(Reuters) - At least two people were killed and 10 wounded on Sunday when an explosive device was thrown from a car into a crowd attending a peace rally in the northeastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv, Ukrainian officials said.

An aide to Ukraine's security and defense council said an unspecified number of suspects were arrested over Sunday's blast. The Interior Ministry called the blast a "terrorist act".

Television footage showed emergency workers carrying the body of a wounded or dead victim into the back of an ambulance. Police said two people were killed and 15 wounded. A regional prosecutor initially said three were killed but later revised the figure to two.

Sunday's march in Kharkiv was one of a series of events across Ukraine marking the deaths of 100 protesters a year ago in an uprising that toppled a pro-Moscow president. More than 5,500 people have since been killed in war between government troops and Russian-backed separatists in the east.

The explosion was the latest in a spate of blasts targeting large Ukrainian cities. Six people were wounded in a similar attack in Kharkiv in late January in what police described as a grenade attack on a group of Ukrainian nationalists.

Kharkiv, the largest city in Ukraine's mainly Russian-speaking east, has been the scene of violent protests by separatists over the past year but is now firmly under government control and most residents remain loyal to Kiev.

A city of 1.4 million, it is more than 220 km (140 miles) from the separatist conflict zone further east where fighting has continued despite a ceasefire deal.

At least two killed in blast at peace march in Ukraine's Kharkiv| Reuters

Kharkiv terrorist attack claims fourth victim - 18-year-old student| Ukrinform

KYIV, February 24 /Ukrinform/. On Tuesday morning, an 18-year-old student died in the hospital from severe injuries he received in Sunday's terrorist bomb attack on a peace march in Kharkiv

Advisor to the Interior Ministry Anton Herashchenko wrote this on his Facebook page on Tuesday.

"An 18-year-old student of Kharkiv State Academy of the Municipal Economy Mykola Melnychuk died in the hospital on Tuesday morning from severe injuries he received in Sunday's terrorist bomb attack on a peace march in Kharkiv. He was the fourth innocent Kharkiv citizen to die at the hands of the Kharkiv guerrilla-terrorist organization," Herashchenko wrote.

According to him, another nine victims affected "by the cynical and bloody terrorist attack with the use of military antipersonnel mine," are still in hospitals in Kharkiv.

As reported, on February 22, the explosion occurred near the Palace of Sports in Kharkiv, killing two people at the head of a peace march. Another ten people were injured and hospitalized, among them the 15-year-old boy, who was admitted to hospital on Sunday with severe head injuries from the blast. The boy fell into a coma, and died from his injuries on Monday despite the efforts of doctors to save his life.

A Russian tank moves from Donetsk to Novoazovsk on Feb. 24. Foreign ministers from Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France called on Feb. 24 for a total ceasefire in eastern Ukraine as Russian President Vladimir Putin ruled out the "apocalyptic scenario" of all-out war. AFP PHOTO/ ANDREY BORODULIN
© AFP
original_big.jpg

Members of the first military medical unit of the National Guard of Ukraine on Feb. 23 mourned the deaths of four colleagues whose ambulance hit a mine on on the Donetsk Oblast highway between Artemivsk, which is still under Ukrainian control, and Debaltseve, which is now in Russian hands.

The memorial service took place in front of the headquarters of the National Guard in Artemivsk.

About 30 people came to commemorate the paramedics who were on duty and responding to a call to pick up wounded Ukrainian soldiers from Debaltseve, which Ukrainian forces surrendered on Feb. 9.

The bodies will be taken to Lviv, the hometown of all four victims, for burial.
original_big.jpg

People come to mourn four paramedics from the first military medical unit of the National Guard of Ukraine.
© Anastasia Vlasova
original_big.jpg

The widow of Vasyly Zadorozhniy, one of the paramedics killed, cries during a service for the victims in Artemivsk of Donetsk Oblast on Feb. 23.
© Anastasia Vlasova
original_big.jpg

People come to mourn four paramedics from the first military medical unit of the National Guard of Ukraine.
© Anastasia Vlasova
original_big.jpg

original_big.jpg

A pro-Russian seperatist stands on the shore of the Sea of Azov in front of the village of Shirokino, controlled by the Ukrainian Army, near the eastern Ukrainian port city of Mariupol, on Feb. 24, 2015.
© AFP
original_big.jpg

TASS: World - Heavy weapons pullout only in DPR and LPR — Russian envoy to joint control center

February 24, 20:57 UTC+3
The self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics have submitted to the Joint Center for Control and Coordination schedules of heavy weapons pullout, Alexander Lentsov said
1084261.jpg

1084057.jpg

Reuters / Monday, February 23, 2015
An emptied cluster munitions container is seen stuck in the ground outside apartment blocks in the town of Yenakiieve, Ukraine February 23, 2015. REUTERS/Baz Ratner
r

From Serbian source

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/world.php?yyyy=2015&mm=02&dd=24&nav_id=93279
Fighting reported near port of Mariupol
Source: B92, Beta
KIEV -- Fighting has continued between pro-Russian and Ukrainian army forces near the port of Mariupol on Tuesday.

125466692654ec46a608bf4689966982_v4big.jpg

(Beta/AP, file)
It is increasingly feared that Mariupol will be the rebels' next target.

The Ukrainian media are saying that there was also shooting in the Debaltsevo and Donetsk areas, breaking "the relative ceasefire."

The war in Ukraine will be the main topic of Tuesday's meeting in Paris between foreign ministers of France, Germany, Russia, and Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Monday in an interview that an "apocalyptic scenario" of a war breaking out between Russia and Ukraine was highly unlikely, and added he hoped "it never comes to that."

"If the Minsk agreements are implemented, I am confident that the situation will gradually return to normal," Putin said.

Meanwhile, British Foreign Minister Philip Hammond said that "from the experience of the last 10 to 12 days, the Russian engagement in the Minsk process is rather cynical."

According to AFP, he "expressed a high degree of scepticism about a Russian commitment to achieving genuine peace in Ukraine on anything but terms unilaterally dictated from the Kremlin".

I guess I was right @jhungary they really are a bunch of rag-tag wannabes.

The UAF are killing each other at a truly astonishing rate. According to the Sunday Times upto 60% casualties are caused by friendly fire.

Half Ukrainian fighters killed by poor kit and friendly fire
Bojan Pancevski Published: 22 February 2015
AN ELITE soldier who resigned from the British MobArmy to train Ukrainian forces fighting Russian-backed separatists has revealed the true extent of disarray in Kiev’s military.

He said the string of bloody defeats for Ukraine, including last week’s fall of Debaltseve, was due largely to a failure of command and a lack of skills and discipline.

The 40-year-old, a naturalised Briton of Ukrainian descent, who served in Afghanistan and the Middle East, said Ukraine’s forces, made up largely of volunteers and conscripts, suffer great casualties because of frequent incidents of friendly fire and the mishandling of weapons.

“Six out of 10 casualties among the Ukrainian volunteers occur because of blue-on-blue shooting [the army term for friendly fire] and the inability to handle weapons,” said the man, who would give only his nom-de-guerre Saffron.

Half Ukrainian fighters killed by poor kit and friendly fire | The Sunday Times

I guess I was right @jhungary they really are a bunch of rag-tag wannabes.

The UAF are killing each other at a truly astonishing rate. According to the Sunday Times upto 60% casualties are caused by friendly fire.

Half Ukrainian fighters killed by poor kit and friendly fire
Bojan Pancevski Published: 22 February 2015
AN ELITE soldier who resigned from the British MobArmy to train Ukrainian forces fighting Russian-backed separatists has revealed the true extent of disarray in Kiev’s military.

He said the string of bloody defeats for Ukraine, including last week’s fall of Debaltseve, was due largely to a failure of command and a lack of skills and discipline.

The 40-year-old, a naturalised Briton of Ukrainian descent, who served in Afghanistan and the Middle East, said Ukraine’s forces, made up largely of volunteers and conscripts, suffer great casualties because of frequent incidents of friendly fire and the mishandling of weapons.

“Six out of 10 casualties among the Ukrainian volunteers occur because of blue-on-blue shooting [the army term for friendly fire] and the inability to handle weapons,” said the man, who would give only his nom-de-guerre Saffron.

Half Ukrainian fighters killed by poor kit and friendly fire | The Sunday Times
0_e4df7_46d1a233_XL[1].jpg

Soldiers from the western Ukraine - are dump as monkeys, they are hardly able to deal with technology more complex than a knife.

Foreign diplomatic officials visit the anti-terror operation region | Міністерство оборони України

Wednesday, February 25. DONBAS — On February 24, in the framework of a one-day visit to east of Ukraine the representatives of Kyiv Association of Military Attaches accredited in Ukraine visited the HQ of the anti-terror operation (ATO) in Kramatorsk, as well as some regions in Lugansk and Donetsk oblast.

This visit was aimed at monitoring the real situation in Donbas, as well as true informing the leaders of countries represented by the association on current situation in Ukraine.

The ATO HQ officers gave briefing for guests, spoke about violation of ceasefire by illegal armed formations, intentional attacks against civilians, human rights violation by terrorists, intentional destruction of infrastructure by rebels.

The ATO HQ provided real proofs of violation of Minsk agreements by terrorists. Particularly, on February 15-24, there have been completed over 430 artillery, Grad, tank and small arms attacks against the Ukrainian positions and civilians.

The foreign diplomatic officials got information about the flash points in the ATO region, such as: near Donetsk airport, Mariupil. Currently, the enemy uses the truce to reinforce its positions and realign its forces.

The guests visited Kramatorsk. Deputy Minister of Information Policy, Advisor to Minister of Defense of Ukraine Tetyana Popova, Deputy Head of Donetsk Regional State Administration — Head of Administration Mykhaylo Necheporuk, representatives of local authorities ad public organizations answered the questions of foreign guests.

05c4e6b0eea319b390fd91fd5b04d3430db03b32.jpg

db93f51d7df5a8be9a250e600e63f4258f45bfb8.jpg

a92570b02120db62093ec747b0dba1eab2170c84.jpg

9da38502b8caa74f9b918dbc999cd485f62f9065.jpg
13984217e22a51b6deb6fc5d9f15a0763c559254.jpg
6cd42a51487c8a6fba8446eceed82e12cbdc9eab.jpg
7e253282803eaa87239ec82ae6534ad6ce2a7b0d.jpg
3be571791a0dce6b5616bfe216548afe1203359a.jpg

Enemy concentrates troops in Mariupil direction and completes provocations against the Ukrainian army | Міністерство оборони України

Wednesday, February 25. DONBAS — According to the press center of the anti-terror operation (ATO), the terrorists have violated the truce for four times today.

About 10:30 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. the rebels used tank against Shyrokine (Mariupil). Moreover, the terrorists used small arms against Pisky (near Donetsk Airport). And they made an attempt to storm the Ukrainian positions.

There were no attacks near Debaltseve.

The ATO press center states the activity of the enemy’s drones.

According to recent reports, the enemy concentrates troops in Mariupil direction and completes provocations against the Ukrainian army.

Tymchuk: Militants regrouping, sending military equipment towards Mariupol : UNIAN news

The Russian-backed militants in the Donbas are carrying out regrouping along the front line, with the most active regrouping of forces and weapons seen in the area from Brianka to Stakhanov and Mariupol, head of the Information Resistance group Dmytro Tymchuk wrote on his Facebook page on Wednesday.

"The militants continue to concentrate their forces and equipment in the direction of Mariupol near the villages of Oktiabr, Zaichenko and Bezimenne,” Tymchuk wrote.

“One part of their forces and equipment is being moved from the north of the village of Telmanove, while another part comes from the Russian Federation," he said.

According to Tymchuk, there are 550-600 militants, 15 tanks, about 25 armored combat vehicles, 20 vehicles, more than 15 cannon artillery units and eight “nomadic” multiple launch rocket systems in this area.

"The main direction of the militant attacks is the village of Shyrokyne. They are also active in the direction of Pavlopil," he said.

According to Tymchuk, after the militants recently failed to oust the Ukrainian units from their positions in the village of Shyrokyne, their command decided to carry out regrouping of their task forces in this region.

16:03 25.02.2015
Militants re-deploy tanks to Novoazovsk - Ukrainian military

The Ukrainian military has recorded re-deployment of militants' military hardware to Novoazovsk (not far from Mariupol), anti-territory operation (ATO) spokesman Andriy Lysenko said at a briefing in Kyiv on Wednesday.

"The adversary is regrouping and restoring the fighting capabilities of its forces, stocking up on ammunition and equipment. Despite claims by the gang leaders of the so-called DPR and LPR [the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk republics] about them having started to remove military hardware from the dividing line in accordance with the Minsk agreements, for the past two days we have been registering movement of Grad rockets, armored carriers, off-roaders, and a significant amount of vehicles carrying ammunition and personnel across the Izvarino checkpoint from Russia," Lysenko said.

"We have registered movement of a large number of tanks, Grad rockets and other military hardware towards the city of Novoazovsk," he said.

"Besides, the paramilitary groups are moving damaged military hardware to Russia to restore its fighting capability," the spokesman said. .

Ukraine has recorded 17 shellings of Ukrainian positions over the past 24 hours, he said. The situation was most difficult in Shyrokyne where the enemy fired mortars and grenades five times. On Wednesday morning Shyrokyne was attacked by tanks, self-propelled artillery weapons and tube artillery. "The attacks have been repelled, without any losses," Lysenko said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom