What's new

Civil war in Ukraine: News & discussion

General Staff: Ukrainian soldiers move 1.5 km back from Donetsk airport : UNIAN news
1422540189-9363.jpg

The Ukrainian armed forces have moved back 1.5 kilometers from Donetsk airport Chief of the General Staff and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Viktor Muzhenko said on Thursday, according to Ukrainian television’s 112 Ukraine channel.
"Ukrainian soldiers managed to stabilize the situation near the villages of Olenivka and Pisky, Avdiivka and Donetsk airport, and to take a number of vantage points that give the opportunity to control the territory of the Donetsk airport," he said.

"The administrative zone of the Donetsk airport is of no value, as it was completely destroyed as a result of intense military actions. In this case, we were forced to move the Ukrainian soldiers to more advantageous positions, 1.5 kilometers from the runway," Muzhenko said.

Militant tanks enter Uglegorsk, battle raging : UNIAN news
Russian-backed militants have overrun a Ukrainian checkpoint and broken through to the town of Uglegorsk from the direction of Horlivka, volunteer Aleksei Mochanov reported on his page on Facebook on Thursday.

1422538454-9623.jpg

Militant tanks and infantry are now in the city center, Mochanov said.

"Both sides have suffered casualties, fighting is under way, our soldiers in Uglegorsk are brave, but they need support," he wrote.

He also said that a report on the attack had been sent to the General Staff, the Defense Ministry and the Internal Affairs Ministry.

"They assure me that a backup unit is coming already, all commands have been given, and now the Svitiaz battalion is fighting there," Mochanov wrote.

Why are the west condemned for aiding Ukraine and sometimes even starting the war by the east when they were doing the same thing plus have troops and foreign fighters on their side engaged in combat. The Russia illusion I might call it, fools everyone who has a low IQ or is on the fringes of western society, or is just bitter with their life and think everything in life is not what it seems.

The facts are east and west aided their counterparts, except Russia invaded and gas already started to repopulate with it's own citizens and is trying to establish a land bridge around Crimea, yet this is all the wests fault? Truly deluded people, I'm neither west or east but the Russian propaganda machine is so transparent yet works, albeit mostly in developing countries or among people who most likely have little social contact outside of the internet.

Right so to summarise, who ever agrees with your point of view ( ie western propaganda) is clever, sociable and happy. While whoever disagree is dumb, bitter and unsociable.
The logic of pure propagandist, no facts needed, "you are either with me or I am gonna start calling you names."

Ukrainian servicemen construct a blindage at their position near Lysychansk, in Luhansk region January 29, 2015.

Credit: Reuters/Maksim Levin
r

Reuters / Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Ukrainian servicemen patrol Orekhovo village in Luhansk region, Ukraine, January 28, 2015. REUTERS/Maksim Levin
r

Reuters / Thursday, January 29, 2015
A girl kisses her father, a conscript, after a ceremony marking enrolment for new conscripts in the Ukrainian army in Kiev, January 29, 2015. REUTERS/Gleb Garanich
r

Last edited:
Russia TV 1 says the couldron is closed but the heavy fight is still going on:

Here's reportage from one of the ukrainian position Uglegorsk sized by NAF:

The officers ran away leaving young ukrainian soldiers, which you may see on the reportage

The officers ran away leaving young ukrainian soldiers, which you may see on the reportage
I am ashamed to admit, but it is a very common behavior for junta forces...

Published on Jan 29, 2015
The journallists of Ren-TV got today the first documental provement that residential area of Donbass gets fired not by accident. Although Kiev may claim about some "overshoots" hit a hospital or a kindergarten, on the front line left by Ukrainian soldiers we have found artillery maps,

I am ashamed to admit, but it is a very common behavior for junta forces...

A short story about Mosijczuk, one of the leaders of 'Azov', deputy of ukr parlament. He's suppose to be a represent of 'west' value of this clash beetwen 'good west' and 'evil east'. And he is - IMO. He looted with batalion 'Azov' an office on their path to liberate Donbas - I guess in Mariupol. This vid is from the summer:

Mosijczuk:
149ce93fc0b2e0aa6667781cdb29d9e7.jpg

Whole Mosijczuk:
1409864737_mosiychuk-bileckiy.jpg

Mosijczuk with Kasparow:
1417877781.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom