What's new

Citius, Altius: By Kaiser Tufail

With a half operational steel mill.. almost zero expertise in aluminium other than Window frames..
I doubt that is coming. Whatever metallurgists that do graduate(GiK, PIEAS).. end up with the PAEC and atomic energy.

The biggest issue with Pakistan.. is that whatever educated lot it produces.. have really no idea of their scope.
They only think they are bred to do one kind of job.

I do, and am pretty good at it :D

Additionally, I know of two dozen other AWESOME Pakistani metallurgical engineers, however, all are abroad!

One friend managed to go back to Pakistan, worked at PINSTECH for sometime, but got tired of bureaucracy and then left!

I do, and am pretty good at it :D

Additionally, I know of two dozen other AWESOME Pakistani metallurgical engineers, however, all are abroad!

And that answers it all.
Its either join PAEC.. or go abroad.

@Capt.Popeye: I am not Kaiser Tufail

Of course you are'nt; Black Blood. I have known that and I said that very specifically in my post- "Aeronaut aka A/Cdre. Kaiser Tufail". Kaiser Tufail has led a full, accomplished and eventful life.

You just happen to be using his 'handle' (moniker). :)

And that answers it all.
Mate, at the moment I am bored to death. I would've loved to come and offer my expertise, the problem as I've been told is that there is dire shortage of equipment to either carry out research or try hand at manufacturing. :blink:

Very nice article. Good find Aeronaut and thanks for sharing.

I would like to know more about the locally developed test missile as mentioned in the article, if anyone has any information to share.

A similar opportunity for conducting trials on a locally manufactured training missile came up on the F-16.

And the time period is late 90's, any further progress on that missile program? Anyone?

Najam,

The initial cadre of the JF-17 Test pilots are all graduates of the Empire Test Pilot School's (ETPS) Fixed Wing Test Pilot Course in the UK which is run by QinetiQ, a company very heavily involved in the test flying and certification of weapons and surveillance systems for the RAF/MOD, UK.

Subsequently, PAF pilots have also gone to China for test pilot training.

I just saw Oscar's post above and agree with him.

Sorry my bad, I mixed ACSC with ETPS, in past few years PAF pilots have regularly taken both courses.

Mate, at the moment I am bored to death. I would've loved to come and offer my expertise, the problem as I've been told is that there is dire shortage of equipment to either carry out research or try hand at manufacturing. :blink:

Well.. itl'll open up a pandoras box.. but long story short.. there is no shortage of equipment.. just that the "equipment" is of no use to anybody because there was never any need for it.. but somehow half of the yearly budget got spent up on it to provide somebody with nice kickbacks.

May I ask from where you studied metallurgy?

Well.. itl'll open up a pandoras box.. but long story short.. there is no shortage of equipment.. just that the "equipment" is of no use to anybody because there was never any need for it.. but somehow half of the yearly budget got spent up on it to provide somebody with nice kickbacks.

Why is it that always there is somebody buying just for kickbacks in our subcontinent ?

Hi,

Droopy was actually flying around 80000 ft + ----its foreign pilots would use pressurized space suits. I am surprised Kaiser Tufail missed that part.

The article from the u s retd colonel should still be on this board somewhere. If anyone knows Kaiser---plz forward him that post.

And that answers it all.

Sir, no one wants to waste their talent.

Apart from few defense funded research establishments, not much is going on with respect to applied sciences and engineering. Some of which we saw during the ridiculous PR campaign of 'Ingeenier Agha Waqar'

I am an aspiring electrical engineer with knowledge about power systems and distribution, one thing desperately needed in Pakistan. I am also foreign educated and know not to burn my own country down. But then, you tell me, should I go and join WAPDA? Or PEPCO and waste my skills there.......???

It is truly sad that you go and learn what you want to....what you love, but only to realize that you can't help your country in an honest way.

Back
Top Bottom