What's new

Citius, Altius: By Kaiser Tufail

Sir, no one wants to waste their talent.

Apart from few defense funded research establishments, not much is going on with respect to applied sciences and engineering. Some of which we saw during the ridiculous PR campaign of 'Ingeenier Agha Waqar'

I am an aspiring electrical engineer with knowledge about power systems and distribution, one thing desperately needed in Pakistan. I am also foreign educated and know not to burn my own country down. But then, you tell me, should I go and join WAPDA? Or PEPCO and waste my skills there.......???

It is truly sad that you go and learn what you want to....what you love, but only to realize that you can't help your country in an honest way.

Exactly correct. Now you are beginning to understand the dilemma that any talented young man/woman faces in trying to do what is best for the future in Pakistan: Stay and rot away or leave and flourish. Tough choice.

Hi,

Droopy was actually flying around 80000 ft + ----its foreign pilots would use pressurized space suits. I am surprised Kaiser Tufail missed that part.

The article from the u s retd colonel should still be on this board somewhere. If anyone knows Kaiser---plz forward him that post.

The Droopy was cleared up till 80000 ft.. but normal operations out of Badaber were usually around 70000. Both Pakistani and US pilots flew the aircraft along with the EB-57C's.

However.. the first aircraft to break that 60000 ft barrier in Pakistan was not the B-57F..but rather PAF 104s using a zoom climb technique.

The Droopy was cleared up till 80000 ft.. but normal operations out of Badaber were usually around 70000. Both Pakistani and US pilots flew the aircraft along with the EB-57C's.

However.. the first aircraft to break that 60000 ft barrier in Pakistan was not the B-57F..but rather PAF 104s using a zoom climb technique.

Pakistani pilots flew the U-2? Source please.

Oscar, you ex PAF? You know awfully lot of internal info! :what:

Pakistani pilots flew the U-2? Source please.

The U-2 was called the Angel..
The RB-57F had the nickname "droopy" due to the droop on its wings.
rb57fjb_small.jpg

far from it..

But yes.. I do know a lot about the PAF, both through reading and relations with people who have served and are serving currently.

The U-2 was called the Angel..
The RB-57F had the nickname "droopy" due to the droop on its wings.................

I see. I am not sure Droopy was well-known as the nick for the RB-57F. Any source for that? Thank you for that addition if corroborated:

Crowd Killer Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar
Dagger Convair F-102 Delta Dagger
Dart Convair F-106 Delta Dart
Delta Queen Convair B-58 Hustler
Deuce Convair F-102 Delta Dagger
Dinosaur Boeing X-20 Dyna-Soar
Dogship Grumman A-6 Intruder
Dollar Nineteen Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar
Doodlebug V-1
Dorito MDD A-12
Double-Breasted Cub Cessna UC-78 Bobcat
Double Ugly McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II
Double Ugly Grumman EA-6B Prowler
Dowager Duchess Douglas C-47 Dakota
Dragon Lady Lockheed U-2
Dreifinger (Three Fingers) Junkers Ju 88
Droop Snoot Lockheed P-38 Lightning with glass nose
Egg Hughes OH-6 Cayuse

Hi,

The post of the U S colonel is here on this board---this officer was posted and incharge of the program in pakistam. Accordingly if I am not forgetting--he stated that the missions flown upto 83000 feet---.

He also stated that pak pilots were not too keen on wearing the pressurized space suits due to being bulky---extremely uncomfortable and very very hot----.

I am not sure if he mentioned about pak pilots flying missions over russia---but he talked about pak pilots flying this aircraft at a lesser altitude because they were not wearing suitable equipment.

Hi,

The u S air force colonel who was posted in pakistan during that time and was in charge of these air craft posted his article here a couple of years ago.

That is where the information is coming out of----if old posts have not been deleted it should be on the forum.

Bhutto wanted this aricraft to fly over kashmir and make recce pictures for the pak military---but the pak air force chief refused to do so.

This air craft was donated to pakistan---I believe two of them---.

PAF wasted these two assets---they were destroyed on the tarmac in karachi air force base---can you imagine pak had the capability of doing spy missions over india in the late 60's and india could not do anything about it.

And india is bragging about doing mig25 runs over pakistan in the late 90's---pak did it years ago.

At times I get a feeling that deep down in paf---there is some kind of treason against pakistan at the upper levels and then in the non coms---.

The deceit present in this agency is mind boggling.

The service ceiling of the RB-57F was 68,500 feet, I think, not 80,000.

Hi,

The u S air force colonel who was posted in pakistan during that time and was in charge of these air craft posted his article here a couple of years ago.

That is where the information is coming out of----if old posts have not been deleted it should be on the forum.

Bhutto wanted this aricraft to fly over kashmir and make recce pictures for the pak military---but the pak air force chief refused to do so.

This air craft was donated to pakistan---I believe two of them---.

PAF wasted these two assets---they were destroyed on the tarmac in karachi air force base---can you imagine pak had the capability of doing spy missions over india in the late 60's and india could not do anything about it.

And india is bragging about doing mig25 runs over pakistan in the late 90's---pak did it years ago.

At times I get a feeling that deep down in paf---there is some kind of treason against pakistan at the upper levels and then in the non coms---.

The deceit present in this agency is mind boggling.

What was the name of the US officer? I want to find those posts.

Also, just to clear it out, so PAF flew the U2s or the RB57s?

MK, was the US colonel post by the colonel himself (as a user of this forum) or taken from some other website article?

Back
Top Bottom