What's new

'CIA doctor' accused of treason

i saw a lot of you numb-nutted indians calling for all kinds of violence and repercussions against your human rights activist (Ms. Roy) --- and in her case she REALLY never did commit treason.

i can be more specific....but in the interests of maintaining some semblance of on-topic discussion, i wont.

You must be pretty numb nutted to compare a few Indians' opinion here with an actual Pakistani investigative commission's recommendation.
I am rather surprised that none of you guys realize how bad the world sees this. This guy has helped catch one of the most dreaded terrorist the world has seen. Is Osama's location a national secret that giving it away would amount to treason? If anything, it improved your country's security situation.

my take on it is simple

espionage = treason

treason = grounds for firing squad

i'm an old-fashioned man......that's how things are supposed to be done

Agree to whole of it, only instead of espionage, i would use espionage against your country. IN this instance, that wasnt the case.. Unless, you know what ;)

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

i saw a lot of you numb-nutted indians calling for all kinds of violence and repercussions against your human rights activist (Ms. Roy) --- and in her case she REALLY never did commit treason.

i can be more specific....but in the interests of maintaining some semblance of on-topic discussion, i wont.

A lot of jehadi mindsetted members on this forum call for Nuclear attacks on American interests in Asia. Should that be taken as official Pakistani position ?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

A lot of jehadi mindsetted members on this forum call for Nuclear attacks on American interests in Asia. Should that be taken as official Pakistani position ?

Yes the doctor be sentenced to death or life imprisionment. let him enjoy his rewards of treachery. Why he was not honest and went aginst the duties of his profession. and even against his own country. decieved his pplz.:smokin:

You must be pretty numb nutted to compare a few Indians' opinion here with an actual Pakistani investigative commission's recommendation.
I am rather surprised that none of you guys realize how bad the world sees this. This guy has helped catch one of the most dreaded terrorist the world has seen. Is Osama's location a national secret that giving it away would amount to treason? If anything, it improved your country's security situation.

you can review my posts in this thread if you still are suffering from some confusions

at this point, i'm sick of repeating myself over and over for you people

Agree to whole of it, only instead of espionage, i would use espionage against your country.

well if you spied on Pakistan and somehow managed to make it out alive, you'd have done your country a service. You'd be a hero, not a traitor. But if you spied FOR Pakistan and acted against indian interests, you'd have RAW knocking at your door and they'd probably hook you up to a 12 volt car battery.

and they'd be justified

IN this instance, that wasnt the case.. Unless, you know what ;)

i have no idea what you're saying

is that the best you could come up with?

come on man, try again and do it proper this time

well if you spied on Pakistan and somehow managed to make it out alive, you'd have done your country a service. You'd be a hero, not a traitor. But if you spied FOR Pakistan and acted against indian interests, you'd have RAW knocking at your door and they'd probably hook you up to a 12 volt car battery.
How was nabbing OBL AGAINST Pakistani interests. If it was, then I agree that the charge of treason should be applied.. But then a charge of treason would be applied to Pakistan as well by UN/NATO/USA (figuratively) as well since that would mean Pakistan has intentionally sheltering OBL

i have no idea what you're saying
Answered above

is that the best you could come up with?

come on man, try again and do it proper this time
If you can use reactions of a few Indian members here to A Roy as a case in point, the same works the other way too..

I would say that afridi needs to be severly punished if hes found to be guilty. we need him to be made an example to discourage others from succumbing to being bribed by americans etc

It became a fashion in America to call fellow citizens as haters and enemies of freedom if they questioned the US foreign policies and its war on Iraq.
That's just talk. That's not the same as an official commission recommending they be put on trial for treason.

Here this chap has betrayed his profession and misused it by working for a foreign entity.
Did he? Or dd he diagnose Pakistan as being sick and determine that ridding the world of OBL an important part to the cure?

He has only made the case of the extremists stronger who are opposed to vaccination.
He's not the person who chose to publicize the alleged phony vaccination stuff.

How would you describe your fellow American doctors, teachers or people in the post office etc who might be working under cover for say Russia, China and Israel?
If they peddle secret information they might be committing espionage. Or maybe he or she is a reporter who receives a gift for publishing a juicy story? These things are not the same as treason, which is strictly defined under America's constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.​

The reason it was strictly defined and limited was because the Americans experienced abuses of treason charges under the British colonial system - the same system Pakistan had inherited and still exists in its people's minds, apparently.

is it ok as long as the guy is a civilian and you will only rage if he is a serviceman under Oath?
Federal Civil servants also swear an oath:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

How was nabbing OBL AGAINST Pakistani interests. If it was, then I agree that the charge of treason should be applied.. But then a charge of treason would be applied to Pakistan as well by UN/NATO/USA (figuratively) as well since that would mean Pakistan has intentionally sheltering OBL

Why would treason be applied to Pakistan, a sovereign state? How can treason be applied?.

sir ji.. focus on the word "Figuratively" in my post ...

But then, the kind of example you are trying to give is not the correct one.

But, ok, figuratively, how can you figuratively give charges of treason to Pakistan for hiding OBL?

Or anybody else for that matter.

But facilitating with a foreign intelligence agency does count as treason.

But then, the kind of example you are trying to give is not the correct one.

But, ok, figuratively, how can you figuratively give charges of treason to Pakistan for hiding OBL?

Or anybody else for that matter.

But facilitating with a foreign intelligence agency does count as treason.

Ok, replace treason in my post with betrayal, since Pakistan was supposed to be helping NATO/USA nab OBL and if it was actually sheltering him, it would surely be betrayal

Also facilitating with a foreign intelligence agency is treason only if the person acts against his home country. without that, it certainly is a crime, but not at the level of treason

I would predict that Pakistan will use Dr. Afridi as another bargaining chip at the negotiating table at the right time. The legal process will proceed slowly, and his release will be offered at a time to maximize the advantage for Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom