What's new

'CIA doctor' accused of treason

fd24

Reaction score
Pakistani commission investigating the US raid that killed Osama Bin Laden says a doctor accused of helping the CIA should be tried for high treason.

Dr Shakil Afridi is accused of running a CIA-sponsored fake vaccine programme in Abbottabad, where Bin Laden was killed, to try to get DNA samples.

He was arrested shortly after the 2 May US raid that killed the al-Qaeda chief.

The commission has been interviewing intelligence officials and on Wednesday spoke to Bin Laden family members.

Pakistan, which was deeply embarrassed by the raid, has described the covert US special forces operation as a violation of its sovereignty.

A government commission, headed by a former Supreme Court judge, has been charged with discovering how the US military was able to carry out the raid deep within Pakistan without being detected.
It is also investigating how Bin Laden was able to hide in Abbottabad, a garrison town, for several years.

After questioning Dr Afridi, the commission said that in view of the record and evidence it was "of the view that prima facie, a case of conspiracy against the State of Pakistan and high treason" should be launched against him.

Washington has been arguing that Dr Afridi should be freed and allowed to live in the US.

In the weeks after the Bin Laden raid, reports emerged that Dr Afridi, a senior Pakistani doctor, had been recruited by the CIA to organise the phoney vaccine drive.

After having tracked down a Bin Laden courier to a high-walled compound in Abbottabad, the CIA wanted to confirm Bin Laden's presence by obtaining a DNA sample from the residents.

It is not clear if any DNA from Bin Laden or any family members was ever obtained.

After the raid, Pakistani authorities took three of Bin Laden's widows and two of his daughters into custody.

The commission said on Thursday that statements had been taken from them and they were no longer required for its investigation.

I think the Americans attempting to interfere with the judical system in our country is a bit rich. Who are they to interfere with this? God?

good these CIA made desi snakes are so dangerous . chop there heads and thats only way for those who sold there motherland for few pennies .ghadar = shot in head

Imraan khan tum sach much sathiyaa gaye ho.

Helping to find and kill the most wanted terrorist of the world = ghaddari?

He should be given noble price for helping to kill the mother fcker Osama bloody terrorist. That doctor is hero of Mankind.

And you pakistanis say he is snake and gaddar and who sold his motherland? You all have gone Islamically mad and cannot accept reality. really I pity on people like this who cannot see the positive side.

After questioning Dr Afridi, the commission said that in view of the record and evidence it was "of the view that prima facie, a case of conspiracy against the State of Pakistan and high treason" should be launched against him.

Sirjee helping to kill a panch*d terrorist is not a case of conspiracy against state of pakistan. It is a bright example of helping human race by getting rid of such scum bastard terrorist called osama. What your fauj and ISI caould not trace this dog for 10 years, this doctor was helping to find that dog who is responsible for killing of thousands.

Imraan khan tum sach much sathiyaa gaye ho.

Helping to find and kill the most wanted terrorist of the world = ghaddari?

He should be given noble price for helping to kill the mother fcker Osama bloody terrorist. That doctor is hero of Mankind.

And you pakistanis say he is snake and gaddar and who sold his motherland? You all have gone Islamically mad and cannot accept reality. really I pity on people like this who cannot see the positive side.

nhi tum log Pakistan se hate main blind ho gay ho.

working for CIA spying motherland for America. running fake vaccination program .he deserve a shot in head and A$$ too because these traitors harm Pakistan more then enemy .he was doing these things for get bloody dollars and green card and i hope now court give him death card . no state on earth allow his citizens to work for spy agencies and harm his country .if ISI ARMY failed to to know location then this bastard should inform them and save paksitan from comming storm rather then help his original fathers whites .

Sirjee helping to kill a panch*d terrorist is not a case of conspiracy against state of pakistan. It is a bright example of helping human race by getting rid of such scum bastard terrorist called osama. What your fauj and ISI caould not trace this dog for 10 years, this doctor was helping to find that dog who is responsible for killing of thousands.

You are talking nonsense. The guy set up an activity to help an external force outside to achieve their goals. I am not interested in the reason and eventuality. I am only interested in the betrayal of human trust and he deceived the nations people with his activity. Can you not see the difference? He was literally a spy for the USA and betrayed the people of his motherland.

good these CIA made desi snakes are so dangerous . chop there heads and thats only way for those who sold there motherland for few pennies .ghadar = shot in head

The similiar analogy should be applied to your generals also who allows drones to kill innocent pakistanis. Dont you think so?

why can't supreme court of pakistan takes the suo moto of unauthorised killing of innocent pakistanis in border region ?

Gentleman has done great service of Humanity. He has stopped killing of more innocent lives from barbaric AQ. He should get Highest civilian medal

Gentleman has done great service of Humanity. He has stopped killing of more innocent lives from barbaric AQ. He should get Highest civilian medal

Maybe in India if a guy lies to his nation they give out Highest civil medal but in Pakistan we don't do that Mr Praful. You have your unique ways of rewarding people that have mislead civilians and lied to their country - we don't.

Maybe in India if a guy lies to his nation they give out Highest civil medal but in Pakistan we don't do that Mr Praful. You have your unique ways of rewarding people that have mislead civilians and lied to their country - we don't.

i name some person to whoom you can reward Gen. exiled Musharraf and Jardari, Gilani, THEY ARE THE VERY RIGHT PERSON.

one crime can not be defend by another ,

Yaa ...ofcourse, but why you are against a poor doctor. He did it for the Humanity and you people do not open your mouth against Army who gets a lot of goodies from US exposed your double standard.

i name some person to whoom you can reward Gen. exiled Musharraf and Jardari, Gilani, THEY ARE THE VERY RIGHT PERSON.

Hello Kanpur.

Thank you for your post. Firstly to be on topic would be helpful. This thread is not about the people you have mentioned. If you have nothing of value to add please refrain from posting. Also i suggest getting some assistance in your English.
This thread is about a guy that followed the instructions of a third party and went behind a nations back. I will repeat myself to clarify to anyone wanting to troll - The eventual result of what he did has nothing to do with what he did in the act of betrayal of his nation.

Back
Top Bottom