What's new

Church Attack Was According to the Shariah: TTP

I disagree, Hype, the Brits effectively did control the Tribals. Granted they enjoyed relative seclusion and autonomy but the fact remains they were under the British yolk, and worked into their plans: effective corridor against possible Russian aggression and possible proxies. Their theory worked in keeping the Tribals at bay: give them an illusion of independence, let them have their own laws in their lands and keep development to the bare minimum.

The thing is that I, personally, don't see the tribals as independent from us, rest of the Pakistanis, I believe they deserve as much independence as every other province and development to match the same.

Allow FATA to be a province, parties would evolve and join hands in larger coalitions and as provincal status would give autonomy the Tribals would have no choice but to allow for development.

Son, a hundred lifetimes worth of research would do you no good. Many have tried before, yet, not a single valid theory exists on how to handle the tribals. For my part, as the situation arises, I'd advise where necessary.

This is pure rubbish. The Pakistani governmemt needs to eradicate these terrorists. Plain and simple.

Dude, we need a force in FATA, I agree, but just a military solution is not going to do us any good, at all. This is an ideological war and we must fight it as such.

I think we need to get out of the Tribal Areas but before doing that raise up a strong force of Tribal Levies with good pays, great training & the right kinda ammunition ! That along with intelligence input & air support !

And most of all we need to start massive economic & social upliftment programs in the Tribal Areas !

Son, a hundred lifetimes worth of research would do you no good. Many have tried before, yet, not a single valid theory exists on how to handle the tribals. For my part, as the situation arises, I'd advise where necessary.

So are you telling me that the Fatwa I was hoping to get from Maulana Vin Diesel to get all Tribals dressed in cute little pink coloured tutus with matching nail polish & sparkling shoes, isn't going to work ? :what:

Damn.....saaariii mehnat barbaaaad ! :hitwall:

Dude, we need a force in FATA, I agree, but just a military solution is not going to do us any good, at all. This is an ideological war and we must fight it as such.

Who better to fight & defend those areas than the people from within those areas who have something to fight for ?

Trust the Tribals, don't keep them in the dark & tell them frankly what our Quaid told them 'Aaap hamareiii muhaaafiz haiiin & we trust you' then pull back the Army alongside building the Tribal Levies up & institutionalizing major economic, social & political reforms in those areas that have the patronage of the common Tribal !

Again, you are thinking "logically", about a culture that is incapable of changing. You need surgical strikes on the Talibans, kill a handful of ant-state tribals, shut down two wings of ISI that are handling and feeding LeJ, Let; cull the mid-level leadership of military that matured with the notion of "jehad fe sabeel-lillah", put the politicians behind bars that use the common man as fodder against other nations and as a vote-bank.

You may be the biggest fool on this planet, if you think any of the above is exclusive of each other. They are all interconnected, and the result of which is Pakistan of today that you live in.

There is absolutely no need to "change" or educate a culture, what good has it done to rest of Pakistan? One good example on your part would suffice.

My friend, your premise is wrong to begin with, you are going "the book" way.

Arm, we need to pull on a massive effort both military and civilian: educate, disarm, reassimilate. In disarming we must effectively crack down on most crime in our city, no matter where it is, the Talibs have a tab on that. Cripple them economically and voila.

Many people would disagree with me but I think we need to have the army establish a base there as well. The reason is more symbolic than practical: we must address the myth that the Tribals are at the periphery of Pakistani State, no they are not. They are our people. It is their army as well as yours and mine.

So are you telling me that the Fatwa I was hoping to get from Maulana Vin Diesel to get all Tribals dressed in cute little pink coloured tutus with matching nail polish & sparkling shoes, isn't going to work ? :what:

Damn.....saaariii mehnat barbaaaad ! :hitwall:

Who better to fight & defend those areas than the people from within those areas who have something to fight for ?

Trust the Tribals, don't keep them in the dark & tell them frankly what our Quaid told them 'Aaap hamareiii muhaaafiz haiiin & we trust you' then pull back the Army alongside building the Tribal Levies up & institutionalizing major economic, social & political reforms in those areas that have the patronage of the common Tribal !

I disagree, Hype, the Brits effectively did control the Tribals. Granted they enjoyed relative seclusion and autonomy but the fact remains they were under the British yolk, and worked into their plans: effective corridor against possible Russian aggression and possible proxies. Their theory worked in keeping the Tribals at bay: give them an illusion of independence, let them have their own laws in their lands and keep development to the bare minimum.

The thing is that I, personally, don't see the tribals as independent from us, rest of the Pakistanis, I believe they deserve as much independence as every other province and development to match the same.

Allow FATA to be a province, parties would evolve and join hands in larger coalitions and as provincal status would give autonomy the Tribals would have no choice but to allow for development.

I dunno what History you've been reading but the British didn't have them under control ! :blink:

The British had the Pukhtoons from the settled areas under control because naturally a Tribal is, at the end of the day, a fiercely independent Tribal whereas a person from a settled area is much...much more amenable because hes got a lot more to loose or so he thinks !

Have you seen the size of FATA and the terrain? My estimate is you'd need a 2 million strong Army, specialized in mountain warfare to even engage our people. Moreover, it's not "ideological" either, most of these troubles are being cooked within the GHQ and certain intelligence agencies, start from there!

British control karr hee na letay humain! :woot:

My great-great grand dad was a proof of it. Daytime he was a Major in the army, and at night time he used to collect the heads of British officers..... :cheesy:

We can not be controlled. Period. Stop reading nonsense material.

Have you seen the size of FATA and the terrain? My estimate is you'd need a 2 million strong Army, specialized in mountain warfare to even engage our people. Moreover, it's not "ideological" either, most of these troubles are being cooked within the GHQ and certain intelligence agencies, start from there!

Yes...yes Beitullah Mehsud, Fazlullah & that LeJ walaaa are Kayani's Phopeiii Ke Puttar ! :disagree:

Don't be so "nadan", you know exactly what I meant. You are not Zarvan that I'd need force feed the logic as well.

Yes...yes Beitullah Mehsud, Fazlullah & that LeJ walaaa are Kayani's Phopeiii Ke Puttar ! :disagree:

Yara, I think I always confuse your handle with BATMAN. I hate this. Make him change his handle..... :blink:

what ever was in that post, i allways stand for that?
plz check my threads posts, they allwill direct to your post?
dont you think?:smokin:;):pakistan:

Hype the problem that I have is that I'm not convinced of policy born out of opinions. I'm someone who goes by the data and as a person who handles data you would agree that many times it astounds you.

Secondly, Hype, I am thinking in the long term solution. The reason the talibs have infested us is because we have allowed the cracks to develop.

Thirdly, I agree with your assertion about the internal probable support the Talibs enjoy but here's the thing it's not just from the governmental insitutions but the people too: there are people who said to me that the Shariah should be implimented, the Talibs are doing the right thing the wrong way. We need to mature as a people.

Fourthly, mate, I've worked for social research so my views changed a lot based on that, I've interacted with a lot of people from Waziristan and Bajur. They said the same thing over and over again: development. Why should they have to travel to Lahore for a good education? You allow development, people will change.

Fiftly, I study culture, and I agree that it is hard to change it but not impossible, the cultural units or "memes" (yes that was used first in Psych) are carried forward and reproduced as long as they allow for the survival/appeasement of the immediate environment change that the culture will change: that's the reason why culture is never static unless it effectively controls it's level of isolation.

Again, you are thinking "logically", about a culture that is incapable of changing. You need surgical strikes on the Talibans, kill a handful of ant-state tribals, shut down two wings of ISI that are handling and feeding LeJ, Let; cull the mid-level leadership of military that matured with the notion of "jehad fe sabeel-lillah", put the politicians behind bars that use the common man as fodder against other nations and as a vote-bank.

You may be the biggest fool on this planet, if you think any of the above is exclusive of each other. They are all interconnected, and the result of which is Pakistan of today that you live in.

There is absolutely no need to "change" or educate a culture, what good has it done to rest of Pakistan? One good example on your part would suffice.

My friend, your premise is wrong to begin with, you are going "the book" way.

Don't be so "nadan", you know exactly what I meant. You are not Zarvan that I'd need force feed the logic as well.

Yaaaraaa I've heard that logic more times than I can remember - Never does an iota of it adds up !

With due respect, Hype, your people are proud, I respect that, you guys have all the right to be. However, your people were still under the British, your great-great-grand dad still served the British system, so did your people. To them you were a tool, as were we, they used you as they deemed fit. It is incorrect to have pride on that as a nation but correct as an individual. We should look at things in a macrocosm as well, Hype.

British control karr hee na letay humain! :woot:

My great-great grand dad was a proof of it. Daytime he was a Major in the army, and at night time he used to collect the heads of British officers..... :cheesy:

We can not be controlled. Period. Stop reading nonsense material.

Back
Top Bottom