What's new

Christians riot in Pakistan after attacks targeting churches kill 14

Will we ever get rid of this menace from our country. Innocent people are dying, no one gives a damn. PM will condemn every single attack, but there is no action to tackle extremism.
It might take a democratic revolution to overthrow the current military-oligarchy-Islamist triad that "governs" Pakistan today before you can establish an impartially functioning justice system.

... you can't just kill innocent people off the streets because you angry...anybody saying otherwise is a piece of shit.
Pakistan's Christians know otherwise. They know that Pakistanis who plan violence against religious minorities are encouraged and protected by the State. Lakvi was ordered released by the IHC the same day, yes?

It might take a democratic revolution to overthrow the current military-oligarchy-Islamist triad that "governs" Pakistan today before you can establish an impartially functioning justice system.

Pakistan isn't ruled by islamists but by Sandhurst type educated elites who just tolerate the islamists to keep a facade for the illiterate masses.If those elites could eliminate the islamists they keep in a window as a front for the Pakistani state...well,that truly is a million dollar question.

Christian community in 48 hours wasted whatever they had gained with their blood and years of struggle. Till now i was just hoping that people killed by them were really involved in attack, but unfortunately they have done same what those animals did. May the innocent souls rest in peace.

Christian community in 48 hours wasted whatever they had gained with their blood and years of struggle.
In short, you hold that Pakistani Christians are only entitled to toleration developed by pity, not rights.

Till now i was just hoping that people killed by them were really involved in attack, but unfortunately they have done same what those animals did.
Don't be dumb. The "animals" were out to kill non-Muslims, plain and simple. The Christian mob appears to have erred by killing people they thought were guilty; their confidence in the police is gone, as shown by the fact that the police were not permitted to take the suspects away and that the Christians' protests are nation-wide.

May the innocent souls rest in peace.
Because the alternative is that this incident will serve as a catalyst to improve protection of minorities, right?

Pakistan isn't ruled by islamists but by Sandhurst type educated elites who just tolerate the islamists to keep a facade for the illiterate masses.If those elites could eliminate the islamists they keep in a window as a front for the Pakistani state...well,that truly is a million dollar question.
The Islamists aren't just a "facade"; they are often enforcers, criminals kept on oligarchs' payrolls to do their dirty work, essentially protected from prosecution in the courts, subject only to occasional polity-destroying "extra-judicial killings" of law enforcement.

n short, you hold that Pakistani Christians are only entitled to toleration developed by pity, not rights.

I always raised my voice for equal rights of minorities, even on PDF my posts history is there if you want to know about my view. Unlike you who become blind over crimes of your fallows but gives lectures to others, i am being realistic and knows very well that people who spew hate about minorities will have more ammunition now - and no sane person can justify killing and burning of someone just because of suspicion.

Don't be dumb. The "animals" were out to kill non-Muslims, plain and simple. The Christian mob appears to have erred by killing people they thought were guilty; their confidence in the police is gone, as shown by the fact that the police were not permitted to take the suspects away, and the Christians' protests are nation-wide.

Don't be idiot and promote mob justice here, for two days they are destroying public property. And now as 2 persons they have killed are proven innocent, and pictures of people who killed those are available on social media. Will you also approve that those involved should also be given mob justice?

Because the alternative is that this incident will serve as a catalyst to improve protection of minorities, right?

No - As state of Pakistan is already at war with terrorists who did attack. Only dumb person will demand guarantee of no-suicide attacks or disparate actions of terrorists who are being slaughtered.

What else can be expected from those who are treated like pariahs in their own country by the majority population, these people face legal and social discrimination on the daily basis.

They were forced to take law in their own hands because their loved ones are being exploded constantly into smithereens before their own eyes, and the perpetrators are hardly ever caught and brought to justice.

The human patience is not infinite, they were running out of their patience and had to register their protest. Whether one agrees or disagrees the way they reacted; but this is the way the hapless, helpless and desperate people react.

I always raised my voice for equal rights of minorities -
I know. My comment was about your assessment of the situation, not your political persuasion.

Don't be idiot and promote mob justice here, for two days they are destroying public property.
Has the State given them an alternative to being victims? Or their fellow Pakistanis? This has been building for years.

...now as 2 persons they have killed are proven innocent -
"Proof" in Pakistan is a very elastic concept. Under the pressure of continued terror and abuse the Christians no longer accept the "innocent until proven guilty" doctrine of civilized nations - because they know that when it comes to them, the Pakistani state isn't civilized.

Will you also approve that those involved should also be given mob justice?
I will not approve the mass-murder of Christians.

No - As state of Pakistan is already at war with terrorists who did attack. Only dumb person will demand guarantee of no-suicide attacks or disparate actions of terrorists who are being slaughtered.
Then don't just wish that the dead rest in peace but use this incident to inspire constructive change.

What else can be expected from those who are treated like pariahs in their own country by the majority population, these people face legal and social discrimination on the daily basis.

They were forced to take law in their own hands because their loved ones are being exploded constantly into smithereens before their own eyes, and the perpetrators are hardly ever caught and brought to justice.

The human patience is not infinite, they were running out of their patience and had to register their protest. Whether one agrees or disagrees the way they reacted; but this is the way the hapless, helpless and desperate people react.

By your logic it's time for the Muslims to 'riot' tonight as they've born the brunt of all attacks in Pakistan.

Lets get ready lads its time to go into these areas and hunt down these criminals and burn 1000's of christians alive

Christians account for up to 10 percent of Lahore’s population.
Does Lahore have 10% Christian population ?
So does 0.8 million (35% of total Pak Christian population) live in Lahore ?

Get your priorities straight - go and kill 1000s of Jihadis.

so its ok for the christians to lynch innocent muslims ?

Porus said:

By your logic it's time for the Muslims to 'riot' tonight as they've born the brunt of all attacks in Pakistan.

Lets get ready lads its time to go into these areas and hunt down these criminals and burn 1000's of christians alive
Terry if you are a Christian I stand beside you unequivocally. That said don't you think there should be an inquiry into who the 2 persons who were killed are? Shias have suffered worse than Christians from the Taliban though common racism is directed more at Christians. There was no lynching...

Anyway I am not blaming you guys. Even if they were innocent this was by a few black sheep. I know the police has lost its credibility by failing to protect Christians but what if those 2 were innocent?

I know the police has lost its credibility by failing to protect Christians
&shias & sunnis . specially shias

Actually brother , i doubt that police can do much of a job to prevent bombings .

It's ISI who is not doing their job completely . In my country VEVAK eliminates the terrorists and prevents bombings , not the police . in US its the NSA's job . in UK , the MI5 are doing so .

Police is more efficient in hostage situations and so forth .

Does Lahore have 10% Christian population ?
So does 0.8 million (35% of total Pak Christian population) live in Lahore ?
I posted an article, whether you wish to believe in its facts is up to you, but yes we have a sizeable population of Christians who do live in Lahore.

@waz please clean up this thread after locking it. Kind of ridiculous certain things on it.

Right folks, firstly please behave yourselves.

Calm down, then deep breaths and then post rationally.

1. Our Christian brothers and sisters have been attacked time and time again. What's the end goal? The events that unfolded i.e. riots.

2. There was no justification for the lynching of the poor shaheed brothers. These people need to be rounded up and put in front of the courts.

3. The need to exterminate every Taliban/takfiri group is more important than ever.

4. Heavy security i.e. the rangers should be deployed to firstly prevent a Taliban follow up attack and any retaliatory riots.

I posted an article, whether you wish to believe in its facts is up to you, but yes we have a sizeable population of Christians who do live in Lahore.

@waz please clean up this thread after locking it. Kind of ridiculous certain things on it.

True, Lahore have sizeable population of christians.

Back
Top Bottom