What's new

Christian Conversions in India - A film by Pia Skov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missionaries in the name of development fool lots of people. Conversion for money have become common place.
A painter in my house last week, a christian, was talking of the greatness of Sri Balaji of Tirupathi. When I enquired further he told, he was in dire need of money, and had converted for the sake of 50,000 INR.

is that what you are doing??

You mean only the groups associated with the religion of the majority should be criticized in India in the name of blind secularism. :wacko:

A christian Aghori would have been quite a news. :D
:lol: But doesn't conversion mean giving up your old religion and adopting the new one? they told me that i should give up Hinduism and adopt Christianity. So how would i be a Christian Aghori?:azn:
PS: i am not an Aghori in reality. I just like the fact that they are worshipers of Lord Shiva and some possess magical powers. Not that i agree with everything they do.

:lol: But doesn't conversion mean giving up your old religion and adopting the new one? they told me that i should give up Hinduism and adopt Christianity. So how would i be a Christian Aghori?:azn:
PS: i am not an Aghori in reality. I just like the fact that they are worshipers of Lord Shiva and some possess magical powers. Not that i agree with everything they do.

I figured that out that you're a big Shiva bhakt, from the dp of 'The secret of the Nagas'.

Bum Bhole!!!

Missionaries in the name of development fool lots of people. Conversion for money have become common place.
A painter in my house last week, a christian, was talking of the greatness of Sri Balaji of Tirupathi. When I enquired further he told, he was in dire need of money, and had converted for the sake of 50,000 INR.

It is a good deal.. Usually they convert by offering food and cloths.. :P

It is a good deal.. Usually they convert by offering food and cloths.. :P

that's just one aspect of it. In the rural areas especially, if you are person who is repressed by the hierarchy what is the motivation of staying a Hindu?

Let Hindu orgnisations then win the hearts and minds by offering education, food and clothing too. Let the two organisations compete for generosity for the poor.

at least that way, amenities will be provided which the ruling class never cared to provide for in the first place.

that's just one aspect of it. In the rural areas especially, if you are person who is repressed by the hierarchy what is the motivation of staying a Hindu?

Let Hindu orgnisations then win the hearts and minds by offering education, food and clothing too. Let the two organisations compete for generosity for the poor.

at least that way, amenities will be provided which the ruling class never cared to provide for in the first place.

I was reading some history that during colonial time, British missionaries were involved in spreading anti-Hinduism and anti-North India sentiments in South India riding on Aryan Invasion theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom