What's new

choice for india - nato vs SCO

Some of my responses are follow up to outrageous claims from Indians. Such as the statement above. All I said was that we must back up facts or with obvious assertion that is nearly undisputable. For example, certain aspect about India's lack infrastructure, social class tension and corruption are widely accepted. This is not a American stereotype or Chinese stereotype of India. Also, not all Indians are opposed to my view. There is this one Indian who believe that I speak with logic about India to counter many of you guy's dreamy statements. I'll seek his permission to post his appreciation of my view in this thread.

I'm not opposed to your view.In fact ,i respect them,why else would i bother replying to you?

Even in my replies to you i've clearly mentioned that i partially agree with your posts.

Poverty in India etc,etc is meme in this defense forum,there is not a soul here which doesn't know about it.

But then again it pisses me off when Senior Member like yourself spews non-sense stuff like "if India spends less on defense maybe they can spend more on the poor of their country"

You sound like those ignorant Westerners who say:Instead of spending money on space missions India should spend money on poor;India is spending humanitarian aid money nuclear weapons,India this,India that:blah::blah:.

I hope you get my point,even if your intentions might be noble ,your way of conveying your message is ineffective.

@Ontopic
India should remain independent and not join any of these organizations.

If we join NATO we end being in front line on USA-China coldwar,as we are geographic neighbor of China.Whatever official hopes and sympathy China has for India will all be lost.We will bear the real casualties of their strategic games they have against eachother.

If we join the SCO we end up losing all special status stuff like NSG waiver,trade opportunities,potential FDI etc.

The best is the balance policy we currently maintain like the one we have with Russia and US,our independent foreign policy will be the underpinning for our quest for the UN security council permanent seat.Until we have an independent political stance we don't deserve a seat.

Last edited:
See what I have to deal with constantly. He is just one of several from India that just made up things while constantly accusing me of trolling when I share my view. On the other hand, they come up with false information. Talk about hypocracy.

Actually, yes they do. Google it =]

Non-Aligned Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) is an intergovernmental organization of states considering themselves not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc. The movement is largely the brainchild of India's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, president of Egypt Gamal Abdul Nasser and Yugoslav president Josip Broz Tito. It was founded in Belgrade (1961); as of 2009, it has 118 members and 17 observer countries. The purpose of the organisation as stated in the Havana Declaration of 1979 is to ensure "the national independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of non-aligned countries" in their "struggle against imperialism, colonialism, neo-colonialism, racism, and all forms of foreign aggression, occupation, domination, interference or hegemony as well as against great power and bloc politics."

Guys until now China has offered India as an observer in SCO with a future goal to bring India to its group.

Its better for us to stay ahead from any of these groups, as it will not serve any purpose. As far as strengthening ties, you have alternative methods.

I'm not opposed to your view.In fact ,i respect them,why else would i bother replying to you?

Even in my replies to you i've clearly mentioned that i partially agree with your posts.

Poverty in India etc,etc is meme in this defense forum,there is not a soul here which doesn't know about it.

But then again it pisses me off when Senior Member like yourself spews non-sense stuff like "if India spends less on defense maybe they can spend more on the poor of their country"

You sound like those ignorant Westerners who say:Instead of spending money on space missions India should spend money on poor;India is spending humanitarian aid money nuclear weapons,India this,India that:blah::blah:.

I hope you get my point,even if your intentions might be noble ,your way of conveying your message is ineffective.

@Ontopic
India should remain independent and not join any of these organizations.

If we join NATO we end being in front line on USA-China coldwar,as we are geographic neighbor of China.Whatever official hopes and sympathy China has for India will all be lost.We will bear the real casualties of their strategic games they have against eachother.

If we join the SCO we end up losing all special status stuff like NSG waiver,trade opportunities,potential FDI etc.

The best is the balance policy we currently maintain like the one we have with Russia and US,our independent foreign policy will be the underpinning for our quest for the UN security council permanent seat.Until we have an independent political stance we don't deserve a seat.

I do not talk about India poverty or just tell India to not spend on defense and instead on helping the poor. You are confused with someone else. I do offer constructive evaluation on India infrustructure, sanitation and social issues.

As for the topic. India has only as much manuverbility as the SCO members and NATO allow it to have. If thing stay cool between SCO and NATO, India can stay out and friendly to both sides. If thing go sour between these two sides, India would be compelled to choose a side.

India has enough gravity to stay independent. It has shown the world how to do that in the past.

I do not talk about India poverty or just tell India to not spend on defense and instead on helping the poor. You are confused with someone else. I do offer constructive evaluation on India infrustructure, sanitation and social issues.

As for the topic. India has only as much manuverbility as the SCO members and NATO allow it to have. If thing stay cool between SCO and NATO, India can stay out and friendly to both sides. If thing go sour between these two sides, India would be compelled to choose a side.

As of now this is all ambibuity that India will be compelled to choose a side.
lets say things go wrong btn SCO and NATO...India still choose to be independent as NATO and SCO have different matters of conflict in levels of inteterest.

In case of a conflict its Russia (if fully involved in the conflict, which is most likely to be a peculation as it has its own conflict with China will join china's club) that can pressurize India to go against NATO.

And with NATO India has a mere buyer seller relationship and its clearly shows of hwo we handled things in Iran, Afghanistan and our independent operations in eomalian coasts say that India itself trying to establish itself as a single power and at a much safer position than any one else, without ionflicting damage and annyoing anyone. This is independent foreighn policy.

lets say there is a conflict.

First Russia has to seriously think about joining China, leave India alone until then.
Second Pakistan will join China in case of a war, or may be they remain silent.....The matter will then more be focused on Pakistan, until then leave India alone.

SCO will have only one country, which is China to fight against NATO...

and I will say this is a bigger risk and complete suicide, Leave India alone until then.

These are mere speculations what you have posted, counter to what I have said then we will discuss further.

keep ur UNSOLICITED bs(constructive evaluation for u) to urself..!!

CHina defence is another section, contribute there to alleviate chinese poverty and see if at least u have acceptance from ur own countrymen or not.

I think there is no choice for India.

Both Nato and SCO did not invite India to be their member.

I think there is no choice for India.

Both Nato and SCO did not invite India to be their member.
Then we are safe:), Imagine a secenario when Indians will see nukes flies from either sides of Indian sky and enjoy it..

Good we are not invited. Fight it on your own.

Then we are safe:), Imagine a secenario when Indians will see nukes flies from either sides of Indian sky and enjoy it..

Good we are not invited. Fight it on your own.

India will not be safe! Nuke means end of world!

India will not be safe! Nuke means end of world!
True, then it apples to other so many countries who are not member of NATO and SCO. Even the world has ended for them coz of a fight btn you two...

come up with some better arguments.

True, then it apples to other so many countries who are not member of NATO and SCO. Even the world has ended for them coz of a fight btn you two...

come up with some better arguments.

The current world order is that US, Russia and China must not have a nuclear war. Any nuclear war between any 2 of them means end of world.

The current world order is that US, Russia and China must not have a nuclear war. Any nuclear war between any 2 of them means end of world.
Certainly they dont make the axis of the world. Thinking a nuclear war btn them is one thing and thinking thw rodl will come to an end is another thing.

There is no co-relation here.

Back
Top Bottom