What's new

Chittagong Hill Tracts needs military presence: BNP Leader Mahbub

HIMEL@BD

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
BNP leader Lt Gen (retd) Mahbubur Rahman on Sunday said military presence in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) is necessary in the greater interest of the nation, reports UNB.

Addressing a discussion at the Jatiya Press Club, the former Army chief claimed that the men in uniform have never violated human rights in the CHT.

The discussion, titled 'What Lies Behind the International Conspiracy on CHT and Adivasi Recognition', was organised by Parbatya Gano Parishad, a civil platform of the Bangali settlers in the CHT.

Pointing out that there are conspiracies to create a division among the CHT people, Mahbub said, "The presence of the Army is very necessary in the CHT. Until now the Army has been working there with a professional attitude and never violated human rights."

He went on: "The Army has not been given any special power. The CHT has not been declared a distressed area by the government. So, the Army has been meeting the responsibilities under a great hardship. But, there may be a bit of violation of human rights."

International conspiracies, the activities of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and the intention of taking political mileage by political parties over the CHT-conflict are the main reasons behind the worsening situation in the region, he observed.

The BNP standing committee member also noted that CHT is a place of great national interest for its immense resources, economic potential and tourism.

Presided over by the Parishad president Jalaluddin Chowdhury Alamgir, the discussion was also addressed by Kalyan Party chairman Syed M Ibrahim and BNP chairperson's adviser Major Gen (retd) Ruhul Alam Chowdhury.

Yes, military presence in the Chittagong Hill Tracts is necessary:agree:. To just not protect our interest, to protect our territory too:argh:.

They should take steps against those terrorist.

Problem lies within the intended recipient of these so called neighbors(???)they don't want any trouble brewing inside BD that will eventually hurt them.But, they are the cause of the army withdrawn from hill tracts every time BAL comes to power.
Now I am confused. Who wants what ?

CHT hill tracts = bonus land for BD.
Lost its main lands to other countries and got a land which it cant control fully.
British just screwed us :pissed:

Army presence is must in CHT not only to protect our country's interest but also to protect the tribals from miscreants

that is very big are, i have seen that place , just behind my factory, Chittagong hill track started

Jouramtall, Bara Kumira, Sitakunda,Chittagong, i was working with kycr steel ,

geographically very complex, difficult to cover entire area

CHT hill tracts = bonus land for BD.
Lost its main lands to other countriesand got a land which it cant control fully.
British just screwed us :pissed:

What lost lands are you talking about?

The British divided Pakistan and India.

Your land was as agreed by Pakistani leader Jinnah based on which partition was made. CHT was a part of the agreement.

Or are you telling me that East Pakistan had some other thing in their minds? :what:

What lost lands are you talking about?

The British divided Pakistan and India.

Your land was as agreed by Pakistani leader Jinnah based on which partition was made. CHT was a part of the agreement.

Or are you telling me that East Pakistan had some other thing in their minds? :what:

British divided the lands of india and muslim majority without no ground reality and
preparation. Radcliffe Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where many majority muslim lands gone to india. For BD its a huge loss.
We should had the lands of :
Bihar: Kishanganj, Katihar, Araria etc.
WB: Malda, Murshidabad, N. Dinajpur etc.
Assam: Karimganj, Hailakandi etc.
Also lost lands in north Arakan of Myanmar.

And Chittagong hill tracts had no muslim or Bengali. But it came to us so its just a bonus
land for BD.

British divided the lands of india and muslim majority without no ground reality and

And Chittagong hill tracts had no muslim or Bengali. But it came to us so its just a bonus
land for BD.

How many Hindu majority areas given to Pakistan. Hindus were wiped out from Khulna. Not all of those districts you mentioned were Muslim majority. In the West, Hindu majority districts of Sindh Amarkot, Karachi, Tharparkar, Mirpurkhas was awarded to Pakistan.

How many Hindu majority areas given to Pakistan. Hindus were wiped out from Khulna. Not all of those districts you mentioned were Muslim majority. In the West, Hindu majority districts of Sindh Amarkot, Karachi, Tharparkar, Mirpurkhas was awarded to Pakistan.
Have you ever been to Khulna?That's my home town.every year all the puja mondops are getting bigger and louder.people from my child hood (Hindu family) still live there.my friends from other religion settled there or in Dhaka.I maintain communication with them and their families whenever I am in Khulna.which by the way 5/6 times per year.this is the first time I am hearing that there are no more Hindu's in Khulna.funny how you know about my city living in India while I don't .
Stop lying.

Have you ever been to Khulna?That's my home town.every year all the puja mondops are getting bigger and louder.people from my child hood (Hindu family) still live there.my friends from other religion settled there or in Dhaka.I maintain communication with them and their families whenever I am in Khulna.which by the way 5/6 times per year.this is the first time I am hearing that there are no more Hindu's in Khulna.funny how you know about my city living in India while I don't .
Stop lying.

Lol, they love to talk sh-t with out any grounds or evidence. Barging into Bangladeshi forums, yet they say we talk about them too much.

How my Indian buddy? How exactly did we wipe them out without resorting to any Gujarat style massacre? We must be smart! ;p

Muslims all across India were scattered in fragmented locations and spread around just as other communities were. If making India and Pakistan was to be seen realistically, two countries couldn't have made it into reality with intersecting and scattered borders just based on the spread of each community. Many non-Muslims also lived in significant parts of your present country and west Pakistanis. Did those lands become a part of India?

No.

Instead a proposal to allow the people of these communities to emigrate was discussed. And that is what happened exactly.

Firstly, you claim that Rakhine are not Banglas (many of your members did in that thread related to Rohingya problem). Then now you are saying that parts of Rakhine should have come to you. What are you trying to say?

land for BD.

Then where are those people today if there was no Muslim or Bengalis there?

You forget to add that Chittagong was a Buddhist majority area but Buddhists vanished over the period of years there.

Back
Top Bottom