What's new

Chinese Weapon Exports

Aug 25, 2016
The Myanmar Air Force has received new Shaanxi Y-8F-200 tactical transport aircraft from China.

The two Y-8F-200 tactical transport aircraft developed by AVIC Shaanxi Corporation arrived at the military air base in Myanmar on 22 August 2016. The Y-8 is a medium-size, mid-range transport aircraft with a capacity for carrying 88 passengers and 20 tons of cargo during 7.3 hours of autonomous.

AVIC Shaanxi Corporation started its first export in 1987, a total of 13 planes have already been delivered to its foreign customers.

Together with two Y-8F-200 tactical transport aircraft was received two Grob G120TP training and aerobatic low-wing aircraft.
View attachment 329067 View attachment 329069 View attachment 329070 View attachment 329071
The bay looks much smaller compare to hercules C-130. Why didn't they go for Y-9? It will be much modern although the bay will still be the same.

The bay looks much smaller compare to hercules C-130. Why didn't they go for Y-9? It will be much modern although the bay will still be the same.

Maybe the limitation of the airport or airbase that Myanmar has prevent them to buy a bigger plane? I don't know. Or maybe because it is cheaper but still capable to do their mission profile.

Actually Shaanxi Y-8 Cargo Bay is in the same size with C-130 Hercules.

Shaanxi Y-8 Cargo Bay = 13.5 x 3 x 2.4 m
Hercules C-130 E/H/J Cargo Bay = 12.19 x 3.02 x 2.74 m

And yes, Shaanxi Y-9 is much modern, bigger and better capabilities.
But, Shaanxi Y-9 is more Expensive than Y-8.

With Myanmar Air Force Budget, maybe that's why they choose Y-8 instead much modern Shaanxi Y-9.

Shaanxi Y-9 is a Beautiful Aircraft :smitten:
Y-9.jpg

I don't know if its the right place to ask,but over a possible Bangladesh-Myanmar war,who would China most likely support? Because the fate of the possible war would depend on that...

I don't know if its the right place to ask,but over a possible Bangladesh-Myanmar war,who would China most likely support? Because the fate of the possible war would depend on that...

you're right, this is not the place. But let me ask you, two of your best friends are fighting each other, what will you do? you either stop them from fighting or if they don't want to stop, you walk away.

you're right, this is not the place. But let me ask you, two of your best friends are fighting each other, what will you do? you either stop them from fighting or if they don't want to stop, you walk away.

I'll just watch them and have popcorn and try to lengthen the quarrel as long as possible lol

The slightly angle nose cone suggest radar and avionics are fitted. I believe it's PESA and this bird if BVR capable.

Indeed, but for me the most clearly hint is the absence of the pitot ... in contrast to the one on the PLAAF JL-10.

Back
Top Bottom