What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

翼龙3标识.jpg

风影.jpg

The name of the so called "天翼-3" is actually "风影(Wind Shadow)"

Sorry to re-ask again (just to be sure): You mention two Chinese names "天翼-3" = Tianyi-3 and "风影" = wind shadow !!

Where are these two names from and what does 天翼 mean translated.
Thanks in advance,

Deino

Sorry to re-ask again (just to be sure): You mention two Chinese names "天翼-3" = Tianyi-3 and "风影" = wind shadow !!

Where are these two names from and what does 天翼 mean translated.
Thanks in advance,

Deino
天翼-3: Sky Wing-3, a very old model from Beijing Air Show 2007, but this project may have been dropped.
Guys in CAC has rolled out the picture showed UAV recently again with new painted logo as "风影"

天翼-3: Sky Wing-3, a very old model from Beijing Air Show 2007, but this project may have been dropped.
Guys in CAC has rolled out the picture showed UAV recently again with new painted logo as "风影"

Thanks ... but then again I need to ask: As far as I thought there was one Sky Wing-design and later on this reportedly revised twin-engine design (Sky Wing II ??) ... do You have images of all three versions ??

And are they from a formal PLA-requirement of "just" plain UAV research ?

Most interesting ...

Deino

View attachment 268746
View attachment 268747
Please share more pictures and videos.

Interesting ... "SOC" from the CDF found this new UAV in front of that Y-8 ... Looks a bit like a LM RQ-3 DarkStar tier3- ! And there's also the original Soaring Dragon besides.

But where is this ? CAC or CFTE ? ... There is also a J-20.

Deino

View attachment 268261
About 15 should be given to Sindh rangers so that they can keep eye from the skies all the time in Sindh.

Thanks ... but then again I need to ask: As far as I thought there was one Sky Wing-design and later on this reportedly revised twin-engine design (Sky Wing II ??) ... do You have images of all three versions ??

And are they from a formal PLA-requirement of "just" plain UAV research ?

Most interesting ...

Deino
Sky Wing I is a quite small UAV as CH-3,
天翼-1.jpg

I have no idea what Sky Wing II is and there is a model called Sky Wing III
天翼-3.jpg

and this project may exist for some time but no new bird roll out for several years
天翼-3_1.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh ... thanks a lot, so "my" Sky Wing I was in fact already the Sky Wing II.

Thanks a lot. :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom