Chinese troops dare India again, intrude 20 kms inside Arunachal Pradesh

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Last Updated: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 00:09
New Delhi: In yet another face-off with Indian Army similar to the one in Ladakh, Chinese troops reportedly intruded more than 20 kms into Indian territory last week in Chaglagam area of Arunachal Pradesh and stayed there for about four days.

A contingent of Peoples Liberation Army reportedly intruded into the Indian territory on August 11 and stayed put there, Defence sources said in Delhi on Wednesday.

The intrusion was detected on August 13 and the Indian troops asked them to go back, the sources said.

Both sides showed banners to each other to leave the area, the sources said.

The Chinese soldiers left on August 15, they said.

Official sources in Itanagar said the Chinese troops went back after a 15-minute Border Personnel Meeting.

"They had come and have gone. The Indian troops are now present at the spot in strength," the sources said.

The Chaglagam area, also known as "fish tail" because of the shape of the LAC in the area, has consistently seen intrusions by the Chinese in the past but they have always gone back immediately.

China lays claim over entire Arunachal Pradesh which is rejected by India. Both the Army headquarters in Delhi and the External Affairs Ministry downplayed the incident.

"We don't take up non-events in diplomatic practice. What has happened or not is upto sentinels of our borders to answer. They know the factual position on this and I think they have answered that.

"There has been a rebuttal by the army on this and we don't want to to go beyond that. And consequent to that, obviously, if that is what the position was, we don't focus on non-events in diplomatic practice," External Affairs Ministry spokesman Syed Akbaruddin told reporters in Delhi.

I think China is pushing India for a strong response.

Afterwards, China can use the 'disproportionate' Indian response to justify a 'proportionate' response by moving into all disputed territory in one go.

China will easily take the disputed territories from India, but it will be interesting to see what happens after that.

Afterwards, China can use the 'disproportionate' Indian response to justify a 'proportionate' response by moving into all disputed territory in one go.

China will easily take the disputed territories from India, but it will be interesting to see what happens after that.

This is pretty much the case.

India is doing well by not escalating things...yet.

troubles in Ladakh is just a preparation for actions in South Tibet,South Tibet is the final prize we really care.

troubles in Ladakh is just a preparation for actions in South Tibet,South Tibet is the final prize we really care.

Please don't exaggerate the issue here.We are talking about an undemarcated mountainous terrain where soldiers from both sides cross the line.The Chinese went back when they understood it was a mistake. The kind of reporting you are presenting here just reminds me the hawkish Indian journalism :lol:

Last Updated: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 00:09

You had posted the same news from a different source so why another thread on the same topic. There is nothing here to discuss things will continue the same way untill the issue is resolved.

Mechanisms are in place and we don't have to be internet worriers trying to sling mud at each other. Thread closed nothing to debate on :closed:

Next time they come serve them tea. Guest is god after all.

Is my tiny and simplified analysis above at all indicative of the way Chinese strategic planners and politicians have been thinking?

Nothing new now - Chinese as per their wish can go into India and comeback after having eyeball BBQ Party

Is my tiny and simplified analysis above at all indicative of the way Chinese strategic planners and politicians have been thinking?

you might be right,I dont know,it depends on how well the Chinese government can keep the public discontent in check.diverting public attention is a smart move when you are in trouble at home.

hahaha if it was that easy it would have longtime back ,

Nothing new now - Chinese as per their wish can go into India and comeback after having eyeball BBQ Party
they rarely do that this bold ,this deep and on two fronts at the same time,there must be something going on behind those moves,it's been widely talked about that hawkish PLA generals gained more influence in this newly formed government.

The way in is the way out, the Chinese know that pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom