What's new

Chinese to be introduced in CBSE, says Kapil Sibal Read more: Chinese to be introduc

Wonderful.... People To People Contact and Cultural Exchanges Such as these Lay Foundation Stones for a Good Future Ahead... To Heal the Diplomatic Relations Between India and China Such Good News Must be Frequently Heard

Often the only way to truly understand another people is to learn their language. Language contains within it the way a people think and understanding how another person thinks is the first step towards empathy and friendship.

Very well said. :tup:

To understand the thought processes of other cultures, you should look at their language, and their common sayings and expressions.

Like this page: Chinese proverbs - Wikiquote

I have also Heard , Forgive me If this is just a Rumor, that Chinese Show Deep interest In Learning Indian Cultural Arts and Languages... This was said to me by a Chinese Dancer,Who Teaches "Bharatanatiyam" (An Indian Dance form) to Poor Children in the Neighborhood...

I have also Heard , Forgive me If this is just a Rumor, that Chinese Show Deep interest In Learning Indian Cultural Arts and Languages... This was said to me by a Chinese Dancer,Who Teaches "Bharatanatiyam" (An Indian Dance form) to Poor Children in the Neighborhood...

The reason why I'm here is because I wanted to know more about India and Indian people, so what this dancer said can't be too far from the mark. (and I'm just about addicted to Indian food)

Good initiative by CBSE. This will surely help in deepening ties between the upcoming generation. Many Chinese have already started learning Indian language, culture and art forms just like Russians.

Nice song and voice.

There are plenty of other videos on youtube showing Chinese people singing Indian songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason why I'm here is because I wanted to know more about India and Indian people, so what this dancer said can't be too far from the mark. (and I'm just about addicted to Indian food)

Hmnn, I see.... I Know her for the past 2 months, She is Young energetic and Well Mannered Which Compliments Her Name "Fang-Hua" Its Hard to find Good People Like her.... And she said Chinese People are Least Interested In Talking Politics, Is it true?? I get to Know More about China through her....

And Most of the Indian People do Not even Know that we had a War with China, Believe me or not, they still Consider China as a first world Nation Like USA, And I too am One among them

I think you're right. :tup:

I have always been fascinated with Indian culture. My perception of India has always been of a very spiritual land (where Buddhism came from), and as a land of peace and tranquillity (where Ghandi came from).

So basically I agree with Cardsharp, I think many Chinese do hold a very keen interest in Indian culture. :cheers:

Last edited:
And she said Chinese People are Least Interested In Talking Politics, Is it true?? I get to Know More about China through her....

And Most of the Indian People do Not even Know that we had a War with China, Believe me or not, they still Consider China as a first world Nation Like USA, And I too am One among them

Your friend is correct, Chinese people aren't usually very political. Also, I have lived in China all my life and I never knew there was a war between China and India until I came on this forum.

I think you're right. :tup:

I have always been fascinated with Indian culture. My perception of India has always been of a very spiritual land (where Buddhism came from), and as a land of peace and tranquillity (where Ghandi came from).

So basically I agree with Cardsharp, I think many Chinese do hold a very keen interest in Indian culture. :cheers:

I see, We have many Institutions here ,Which Teach Chinese arts, People are Keen In Learning Shan Shui painting,Chinese Martial Arts,Jade Ornaments etc etc.... I too Am Going to learn the Chinese embroidery...

Your friend is right, Chinese people aren't usually very political. Also, I have lived in China all my life and I never knew there was a war between China and India until I came on this forum.

hahaha, See....People from both the nations are Peaceful By Nature, Its the Govt which Does all the tricks and the Media Of course... Believe me or Not, Thats the main Idea behind why I dont have a TV in My House..lol..

Originally Posted by CardSharp View Post
Often the only way to truly understand another people is to learn their language. Language contains within it the way a people think and understanding how another person thinks is the first step towards empathy and friendship.

How Very True!
Language is the Mother of Communication and Communication is the Mother of Relationships.

I see, We have many Institutions here ,Which Teach Chinese arts, People are Keen In Learning Shan Shui painting,Chinese Martial Arts,Jade Ornaments etc etc.... I too Am Going to learn the Chinese embroidery...

hahaha, See....People from both the nations are Peaceful By Nature, Its the Govt which Does all the tricks and the Media Of course... Believe me or Not, Thats the main Idea behind why I dont have a TV in My House..lol..

Exactly right buddy. :cheers:

A very good initiative by our government. A very much needed step to understand the other side better. If this can increase better people to people contact , it would be great.

However i wonder after this if a Indian and Chinese meet in an airport and the Indian greets the Chinese in Mandarin and the Chinese greets the Indian in Hindi ?? I think they both would be .......... flabbergasted :rofl:

Originally Posted by Chinese-Dragon View Post
Your friend is right, Chinese people aren't usually very political. Also, I have lived in China all my life and I never knew there was a war between China and India until I came on this forum.

Absolutely right. In my interactions in China (which were so many and meaningful) not once did i sense that. Actually i first thought that they were merely being polite and considerate. But the fact was that most of the younger generation really did not know. As for the ones who knew (mostly older people), it simply did not matter. And hence my respect for most of the Chinese people that i worked with; they were so firmly and clearly focussed on the "here and now" of their lives. IMO, that is one of the key methods to achieve the future.
History is history. At best it should be a stepping stone, but we would be unwise to let it be a mental block.

Back
Top Bottom