What's new

Chinese to be introduced in CBSE, says Kapil Sibal Read more: Chinese to be introduc

For those who doubt the feasibility and effectiveness of this initiative by Mr. Sibbal; just consider this....

We have 5 pages worth of discussion on this thread about this without even a single flame post from either indian or chinese members (serial offenders like somebozo excluded!)

This just goes to show that enmity dissolves when the communication barriers collapse!

Don't think there is a feasibility issue. It's not as if they are going to force each and every student to learn Chinese. Only select schools will be giving this option and that to they get to choose from an array of foreign languages. I believe French is the hot favorite foreign language at the moment.

Yes I have always thought there were more similarities than differences between us Asian brothers. :tup: The only thing standing in the way is politics.

Yes, There are a Lot of Similarities.... At the End Of the Day Politics Ruin everything.... I would Blame it On media, especially Indian Media....

Mandarin Chinese is a fascinating language ......the script is simply an art in itself.....great move Mr Sibal........he should have introduced it several years earlier several young men entering into corporate world would have benefited tremendously........learning Chinese makes great business sense.....:cheers:

Yes, There are a Lot of Similarities.... At the End Of the Day Politics Ruin everything.... I would Blame it On media, especially Indian Media....

Both sides share responsibility, for example my government (CCP) has often "needled" India for no reason at all. So the Indian media was just responding to that.

Anyway I have to go now, but it was a fantastic discussion. I look forward to talking to you guys again later. :cheers:

Don't think there is a feasibility issue. It's not as if they are going to force each and every student to learn Chinese. Only select schools will be giving this option and that to they get to choose from an array of foreign languages. I believe French is the hot favorite foreign language at the moment.

Well, I would Not say Chinese Script to Be Just a "writing" Its an Art, Chinese scripts are Unique Than the rest of the world, It Would be a Lot easier If Included from the Primary Syllabus, Than Squeezing it In Between the Secondary Syllabus....

You just have to visit a chinese household to realise how similar our two cultures are! Trust me, it is a great thing to be a guest in a chinese house!

I think even though under a communist regime chinese resonate with indians on all matters spiritual; way more than any westerner ever does!

While in china, I used to have regular talk with the grandpa of the family who had me as their guest. Listening to him talk about karma and honour used to feel like listening to my own grandpa back home in India!

No matter how many hateful chinese I meet on the net ( Nil since last month); for me; that old guy embodies china and it is as honourable as India.

Plenty of blame to go around on the Chinese end as well, my government (CCP) has often "needled" India for no reason at all.

Anyway I have to go now, but it was a fantastic discussion. I look forward to talking to you guys again later. :cheers:

Well, India Is No behind In Needling Either???? But After all such Needling Is Needless ;) .... I get a Strong feeling that India-China are Getting Closer Day By Day..... We would get to Witness Joint Sino-Indian Ground and Air Exercises In 2011 and 2012 Respectively.... I would say Our diplomatic relations are Getting Closer and Closer..

Yes It was indeed a Pleasure getting to Know More about China and Chinese...Looking forward to peaceful Debates In every forum from now on

Nice one. :azn:

Or you can say: Huānyíng lái yìndù. (Welcome to India).

Anyway, here is a video of some Chinese people learning Hindi. So there is definitely interest coming from both sides.

YouTube - China @ 60: Dragon learns Hindi
Good job!!

I found it so lovely,that the Chinese were learning and speaking Hindi.

India + China=Revolution in the world.

I hope i ll get to learn Chinese someday in India;)

Then i ll become a ChIndian.
:lol:

India and China need to be together to tackle the flamer known as USA.
:)

Well I tried learning Chinese in Singapore, found it too tough.

I think the best time to learn a language is as kids, my niece speaks french, english and hindi fluently. Good move by the govt. We would be stupid if we did not try to benefit from such a large economy with a shared border.

No matter how many hateful chinese I meet on the net ( Nil since last month); for me; that old guy embodies china and it is as honourable as India.

Isn't the internet great? It allows the thoughtless hate-mongers of nationalities to run their mouth without consequence. I often wonder how meek and timid these people probably are in their regular interactions with people. Perhaps trolling is just their way of compensating for the insecurities they feel in everyday life.

So much love on this thread
have some sweets for ir
Some indian sweets
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

and some chinese cookies

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

So much love on this thread
have some sweets for ir
Some indian sweets
and some chinese cookies

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

lol I hope you know that fortune cookies are a western invention but your intent is very much appreciate.

This
chinese-new-year-desserts.s600x600.jpg

or this
CIMG3688.JPG

is probably more typical of what people eat in China

Last edited:
Chinese members is the following just about right ?

"Chinese language is tonal. Same sounds may have different meanings when the sounds are produced in a low, medium, or high pitch or in a falling or a rising pitch."

Well I tried learning Chinese in Singapore, found it too tough.

I think the best time to learn a language is as kids, my niece speaks french, english and hindi fluently. Good move by the govt. We would be stupid if we did not try to benefit from such a large economy with a shared border.

That's why Jim Rogers is teaching his kids Chinese.

And fair point about age. Start your kids early if you want them to pick up languages. They are absolute sponges for language when they are young. If you can find them an immersive environment were they have to learn the language to get along, they'll pick up any language in 6 month.

Back
Top Bottom