What's new

Chinese Su-27 backs from Taiwanese F-16's.

technically speaking, if this was for real, and flown by a decent pilot, the Su-27 would have had those two F-16s for breakfast.

but then again, if the Su-27 was flown by a mediocre pilot, and the F-16 by half a decent one, it would be the other way around.

life eh

Another wannabe expert who knew the pilots and who was on site when this started? Feel free to keep us entertained by ridiculing yourself. :lol:

Advanced UAVs - yes.

SR-71 - no. There were plans to bring back the Blackbird, but they retired it all through.

The main reason for retirement was Budgetary concerns over the maintenance of those birds.....they were retired back in 80s and were brought back again in 90s........and again retired........They don't need them as of now but If the chances of hostilities with countries like China Increase they might well bring it back........with upgrades or a similar thing of that Kind.

Another wannabe expert who knew the pilots and who was on site when this started? Feel free to keep us entertained by ridiculing yourself. :lol:

I think you should dig around before you ridicule yourself.

I was in the military and I have first hand experience with f-16s and I have seen touched and sat in an Su-27 and had a walkthrough on its abilities, not to mention that I have actually flown in a fighter plane. Have you ever ?
If I am a wannabe expert, then you must be still in 1st grade or something along those lines. perhaps you care to tell us -you who are NOT a wannabe expert- as so gracefully put it, why you took the time of your precious other duties to comment on something you clearly must know about !!

please enlighten me ... please ....by all means .. .

The main reason for retirement was Budgetary concerns over the maintenance of those birds.....they were retired back in 80s and were brought back again in 90s........and again retired........They don't need them as of now but If the chances of hostilities with countries like China Increase they might well bring it back........with upgrades or a similar thing of that Kind.

Bringing back the Blackbird is not out of the question (first time was during the Gulf War, I believe) but I personally think that it is more likely that a better system is fielded. The aurora reconnaissance plane, if it exists, may prove a more effective platform than even the famed Blackbird.

Bringing back the Blackbird is not out of the question (first time was during the Gulf War, I believe) but I personally think that it is more likely that a better system is fielded. The aurora reconnaissance plane, if it exists, may prove a more effective platform than even the famed Blackbird.

Why not the X37B? Even better since its in orbit and can be in geostationary orbit and still move around when ordered to.:)

Advanced UAVs - yes.

SR-71 - no. There were plans to bring back the Blackbird, but they retired it all through.
The remaining SR-71s are with NASA for research purposes. They can be reactivated to active military duty if necessary.

Why not the X37B? Even better since its in orbit and can be in geostationary orbit and still move around when ordered to.:)

Aurora will still be more flexible than any orbital vehicles. I wasn't aware that the X-37B was capable of reaching geostationary orbit. Not saying that the X-37B isn't a cool vehicle though.

They are kept undercover just in case they need them........as Russia and India still keeps Mig 25.

We don't keep MiG-25s anymore mate. Retired in 2006. That was the last of MiG-25 Foxbats we saw. They were beasts. Wish we could have retained them a bit more.

It's interesting how the US resorts to using U-2s when they have reconnaissance satellites. It shows that they are not really trying to spy on Chinese facilities, but to prove a point, mostly make a political statement.

The fact that China sent only its old Su-27s also shows that the Chinese did not take it seriously and does not consider them a threat.

Back
Top Bottom