What's new

Chinese Pterodactyl Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle

tarrar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Video of Pterodactyl Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle

Pterodactyl Medium-Altitude Long-Endurance Combat Aerial Vehicle has been developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Design & Research Institute.Pterodactyl armed drone can stay in air for over 20 hours and has maximum operational celling of 5,000 meters. Pterodactyl armed drone has range of over 4,000 km. Its maximum speed is 280 kilometers per hour.

Pterodactyl drone can carry maximum payload of 200 kg out of which its Forward looking infrared (FLIR) and other sensor weight around 100 kg which allows it to carry one KD-10 (K/AKD10 or HJ-10) under its each wing.

Pterodactyl Long-Endurance Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV) has already been flight tested and undergone weapons launching trails.
Ground Control station (GCS) of the Chinese Pterodactyl Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle.
Pterodactyl drone can carry upto two AKD-10 is a third-generation Chinese air-to-surface anti-tank missile. AKD-10 is Chinese equivalent of the American AGM-114 Hellfire which also features a semi-active laser seeker. In future AKD-10 will be available with different types of seekers including TV, Imaging IR (ImIR), semi-active laser homing or millimeter wave (MMW) radar.

Pterodactyl Medium-Altitude Long-Endurance Combat Aerial Vehicle model displayed by the China at an airshow. Pterodactyl drone is 9.05 m long, 2.77 m high and have 14 m wingspan. Its Maximum Takeoff weight is 1,100 kg.
The Chengdu Pterodactyl armed unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) will be primarily used by the People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) and Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) for reconnaissance, forward observation and light attack roles.

[video]http://chinesemilitaryreview.blogspot.com/2011/10/video-of-pterodactyl-unmanned-combat.html[/video]

Open the link for the video.

As we know Pakistan tried to buy Predators from the US few years back, which of course US refused to sell to Pakistan but instead they gave Pak Army Ravens. We all know Pak Army needs armed drones & they need them bad. I don't know if Pakistan is planning to buy these Armed Drones from China or not but in my opinion Pakistan needs to move forward with this plan & buy these Armed Drones from China. We need them to protect our borders & to root out terrorists who are hiding in the mountains, in my opinion Pakistan needs to buy them & this is one of Pakistan's Army main requirement 'Armed Drones'.

Chinese are developing at a really fast pace..Its beyond thoughts that they have carried and matured so many multiple developments and technologies during past 10 years. I have to say that no country in the world NOW can achieve this much pace as china has done..

Chinese are developing at a really fast pace..Its beyond thoughts that they have carried and matured so many multiple developments and technologies during past 10 years. I have to say that no country in the world NOW can achieve this much pace as china has done..

The reason is they don't trust no one & specially they don't take **** from US & most importantly they teach patriotism to their people, not like our media who teach Indian Culture & our politicians who love to be the slaves of US.

^ Why does Pakistan always have to depend on China for its weapon requirements? You guys have already got a good indegenous drone program going. Is it the funding for R&D that's stopping Pakistam from expanding this program to produce combat drones?

Or is this a stop gap measure until you start producing your own UCAVs in the future?

^ Why does Pakistan always have to depend on China for its weapon requirements? You guys have already got a good indegenous drone program going. Is it the funding for R&D that's stopping Pakistam from expanding this program to produce combat drones?

Or is this a stop gap measure until you start producing your own UCAVs in the future?

What's inside the drone.... sensor suit and SAT link plus SAT to utilize UCAV properly is what causing Pakistan to expand it's UAV program

Except the U.S.

As we know Pakistan tried to buy Predators from the US few years back, which of course US refused to sell to Pakistan but instead they gave Pak Army Ravens. We all know Pak Army needs armed drones & they need them bad. I don't know if Pakistan is planning to buy these Armed Drones from China or not but in my opinion Pakistan needs to move forward with this plan & buy these Armed Drones from China. We need them to protect our borders & to root out terrorists who are hiding in the mountains, in my opinion Pakistan needs to buy them & this is one of Pakistan's Army main requirement 'Armed Drones'.
Pakistan can do it as well as China , but you need a political party who has a long-term plan about the economy and military of Pakistan. Let's make a concerted effort!:pakistan::china:

is it me,or others too think that the drone looks like Predator???

Back
Top Bottom