What's new

Chinese progress provokes aggression amongst Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indians living in border areas neighbouring China are beginning to envy fast-paced development brought by Beijing to the point of regretting being Indian, a senior member of India's ruling Congress party has warned.

Mani Shankar Aiyar, a former senior diplomat and cabinet minister with responsibility for India's volatile north-east region, described the development that China was bringing to its south-west and Tibet as “simply spectacular”.

He said impoverished people in India's north-east were asking themselves: “What is the mistake we have made by being Indians [rather than Chinese]?” He also warned of the consequences of families divided by the colonial-era border “beginning to hear stories about the kind of progress happening on the other [Chinese] side”.

India is highly sensitive to Chinese encroachment on its borders. China and India fought a war in 1962 over disputed border territory, and China has in the past year become more strident about its claims to the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh, which it considers to be South Tibet.

The friction has manifested itself in disputes over Chinese visas for residents of Arunachal Pradesh and Kashmir, obstacles to multilateral lending programmes and a protest by Beijing over the visit by Manmohan Singh, India's prime minister, to Arunachal Pradesh before a state election.

Mr Singh shared some of his concerns with the US Council on Foreign Relations in November, saying he feared that China had become more “assertive” in the region.

China's aims in south Asia have continued to be a sore point in the new year. S.M. Krishna, India's foreign minister, has expres*sed New Delhi's unhappiness at China's assistance to neighbouring Pakistan and called Beijing-backed projects on the Pakistan side of the line of control in disputed Kashmir “illegal”.
Some senior Indian analysts claim that India has deliberately withheld infrastructure development from its border regions to prevent China from being able to penetrate deeply into India in case of an invasion across the Himalayas. But Mr Aiyar, a close associate of Rajiv Gandhi, the assassinated premier, criticised successive Indian governments of the “complete neglect of infrastructure development” in Arunachal Pradesh, saying that its absence was “much to the disappointment of the people over there”.

Over the past six decades, he said, the north-east had been “transformed from the second richest part of British India to the laggard region it is today”. Indian visitors to Tibet are struck by the modernisation that has taken place in Lhasa, the region's capital, road-building projects and a high-altitude railway link to China's main network, in spite of their reservations at Beijing's erosion of Tibetan culture and Buddhist religious practice.

A member of parliament from India's north-eastern state of Meghalaya, however, said China made itself felt across the border not with its physical infrastructure or military might but by a flood of competitive consumer goods. He said that cheap Chinese goods were freely available, with imported telephone accessories being sold at a 10th of their Indian equivalents.

Financial Times

Good Article..!! Should be an eye opener to the government and general public. Not withstanding there is always an another side too..!!!!

Maybe thatz why people are fleeing Tibet and escapes to Dharmasala, India. The developement in Tibet is so spectacular that when every tibetan try to cross over to India, the chinese army men shoot them down. I wonder why chinese are shooting them down fellow chinese if the developement is so spectacular??

veQIdaR0J70[/media] - Chinese soldiers shot Tibetan Refugees

XPY7E_eVpu0[/media] - Richard Gere speaks in Berlin about Nangpa Pass Nun Shooting

Oh sure we all are envy of Chinese Developement!!!!

Again Tibet, Dalai Lama, Tibetan refugee, Dharmasala and all these crap...!!!

Oh god how many times I need to post this video:

:china: :china: :china:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another paper city? i still remeber your PM said let the world only remeber mobai forget shanghai in five years in 2004..now it is 2010......How about make this come true first?

Don't do all of your **** here. Indian PM is nothing to do with it is a state government initiative and going on pretty good.

In the very first page of this thread i have said it will become a war of words and it shows the cheap mentality of Chinese people to provoke Indians into poverty V/s communism/Tibet/Uighur/cultural revolution issue.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

What we are debating is poverty or development in a defense forum's India' defense section.:sniper:

I think moderator got some kind of satisfaction from these type of threads that's why they are allowing these trolls to go on.
:hitwall:
Mods plz close the thread they are not discussing any military topic here.

Don't do all of your **** here. Indian PM is nothing to do with it is a state government initiative and going on pretty good.

In the very first page of this thread i have said it will become a war of words and it shows the cheap mentality of Chinese people to provoke Indians into poverty V/s communism/Tibet/Uighur/cultural revolution issue.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

What we are debating is poverty or development in a defense forum's India' defense section.:sniper:

I think moderator got some kind of satisfaction from these type of threads that's why they are allowing these trolls to go on.
:hitwall:
Mods plz close the thread they are not discussing any military topic here.

Calm down dude, take a pill along with a cold glass of water,

You sounds hurt, thats the real reason why you crying like a mad man

You need to be ashame of your rude childish behavior;

First of all, we are discussing China's progress provokes border envy

in India, right? did your post contribute anything on the topic other

than personal attacks, insulting the whole Chinese race, whining and

openly challenging the management ?

It will be better for you to look yourself into mirror before crying

for fouls. :smitten::pakistan::china:

It will be better for you to look yourself into mirror before crying

for fouls. :smitten::pakistan::china:

Stop the " pissing contest " and read your own statement yourself. This statement coming from you does not suit.

Mods Close this thread before it goes to another "India/china poverty and toiletry thread"

I am always amused reading these India v/s China threads. They usually follow a set pattern:

Phase one:
- Indians bragging about Indian achievements
- Chinese giving them a reality check...

Phase two:
- Indians getting flustered and shifting the focus to attack Pakistan instead.
- Some Pakistanis also jumping in (presumably because of all the ubiquitous arrogant Indian posts elsewhere)

Phase three:
- Indians realizing they are no match for China and pretending to like/admire China and acting fake nicey-nice towards China.

The reality is that, on a per-capita basis, India's economy is in the same league as Pakistan rather than China. The Indian per-capita GDP is virtually the same as Pakistan's; China is over 300% ahead of India (and the gap is widening). With a relatively huge economy, of course India can afford to build a few shiny buildings and buy a few expensive military toys, but it makes no difference to the everyday reality for hundreds of millions of Indians mired in poverty. That's what the original article was talking about, and the point that is missed by the Indian posters.

Last edited:
I am always amused reading these India v/s China threads. They usually follow a set pattern:

Phase one:
- Indians bragging about Indian achievements
- Chinese giving them a reality check...

Phase two:
- Indians getting flustered and shifting the focus to attack Pakistan instead.
- Some Pakistanis also jumping in (presumably because of all the ubiquitous arrogant Indian posts elsewhere)

Phase three:
- Indians realizing they are no match for China and pretending to like/admire China and acting fake nicey-nice towards China.

The reality is that, on a per-capita basis, India's economy is in the same league as Pakistan rather than China. The Indian per-capita GDP is virtually the same as Pakistan's; China is over 300% ahead of India (and the gap is widening). With a relatively huge economy, of course India can afford to build a few shiny buildings and buy a few expensive military toys, but it makes no difference to the everyday reality for hundreds of millions of Indians mired in poverty.

And the final phase: But leave that as this would be offtopic. :lol:

Well said buddy, couldn't agreed more,

But like to add one more Phase;

Phase four: Indians crying for Mod. to close the thread, and we all

know why. :pakistan::cheers::china:

Well said buddy, couldn't agreed more,

But like to add one more Phase;

Phase four: Indians crying for Mod. to close the thread, and we all

know why. :pakistan::cheers::china:

I can :flame: talk all i want...but i dont want to get this thread off topic like people here do with their very first post

bye bye :bunny:

Poor guy, Chinese occupied tibet ? too bad not even your mighty GOI

was supporting your idiotic claim, wake up from your wet dream !!

Too much mental-mast....bation is hazardous to your mental health.

:smitten::pakistan::china:

do you really know anything apart from this. all ur posts have wet dreams and :pakistan::china: written all over it :hitwall: come on stop it yar.

do you really know anything apart from this. all ur posts have wet dreams and :pakistan::china: written all over it :hitwall: come on stop it yar.

Stop your personal attack at the poster, comments on the post only,

Is that too difficult for you to digest ? :smitten::pakistan::china:

Now, lay off your false accusation against me, all my post have wet dreams ?

I had three post on this page, can you find one with wet dream ?

Last edited:

Oh my god, a indian is talking about wet dream.
Do you know what your PM said 5 years ago? he said let the world only remeber mobai forget shanghai in 2004.
Do you know the Mayor of mobai said in 2006? he said let slum disappear from mobai in 5 years.
Do you know when i first time went to mobai, a taxi driver told me what? does chinese have sell phone!!!
Do you know we just laght at any claim from inidia as a joke on chinese BBS.

As a educated man, if you say something you must make it done. otherwise keep silent.

Oh my god, a indian is talking about wet dream.
Do you know what your PM said 5 years ago? he said let the world only remeber mobai forget shanghai in 2004.
Do you know the Mayor of mobai said in 2006? he said let slum disappear from mobai in 5 years.
Do you know when i first time went to mobai, a taxi driver told me what? does chinese have sell phone!!!
Do you know we just laght at any claim from inidia as a joke on chinese BBS.

As a educated man, if you say something you must make it done. otherwise keep silent.

Troll :mod:, offtopic :blah: , rant

Try to Discuss topics with a mature perspective than being offensive all the time..
Call this crying or piece of Advice, it really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom