What's new

Chinese progress provokes aggression amongst Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
As anything has a limit, technology too has a limit. We cannot depend on science and technology all the time; it cannot provide meaningful results like we wanted. When Industrial revolution started, when oil and coal discovered, did any one thought that one day we will have to create a climate change congress to control its effects. Population is one such thing. We will never feel its effects now but in future where everything is scarce, it will become a bane. Population only grows in the exponential scale. What will we do with this population. Where is the land to create cities. Where is jobs the questions are endless. W

Are you saying Humanity has peaked its civilization.

The tale of humanity has yet to even begin. There are still so many things to discover so many things to understand.

If there is a technological limit,it is 1000's of years away.

Even as i speak today. 2 billion people have food due to genetically modified crops.

Traditional farming can only feed 4 billion people.

Also simple things like choosing what we eat, can increase our supply
Moving away from rice to potatoes, for example.

An even more radical idea is Farms built inside skyscrapers. Providing fresh food needed to feed entire cites.

We stand on the crux of controlled nuclear fusion, A technology that can solve all our energy woes. once we have energy, many problems start to disappear.

We are making headway into Nano technology. A field with limitless possibility.

the one child policy is not going to solve the population issue. Human populations will continue to grow exponentially.

if you feel that people need to be forced into controlled breeding as we were a herd, has the situation has gotten so dire as that.

Don't be burdened by intellectual straight jacket. Its been proven wrong many times.

We have yet to use the majority of the Land available to us.

I dont understand why people are so willing to trow away a freedom they can enjoy. You can gain nothing of value from such an act.

what can you possibly achieve having population that has no brother or sister. the Idea of an extended family becomes no existent.

I dont know why Indians are always worrying about the Chinese invasion. The point is no Chinese official ever said would attack India. The Indian streets are filled with news of Chinese soon attack while the Chinese are singing the song of peaceful rising, and remark no threat to any country.
Another point, it is the Indians who have a super power dream, while in China the term Super Power is not popular at all. For it means Cold War mentality and hegemonism from whom China sufferred a lot. The term multi polar world is well-known.
The Chinese PLA is just to protect its sovereignty and territory. No intention to invade anyone.

I dont know why Indians are always worrying about the Chinese invasion. The point is no Chinese official ever said would attack India. The Indian streets are filled with news of Chinese soon attack while the Chinese are singing the song of peaceful rising, and remark no threat to any country.
Another point, it is the Indians who have a super power dream, while in China the term Super Power is not popular at all. For it means Cold War mentality and hegemonism from whom China sufferred a lot. The term multi polar world is well-known.
The Chinese PLA is just to protect its sovereignty and territory. No intention to invade anyone.

No Chinese official said they would attack. But then 1962 happened.

And since then China has been Assisting Pakistan. Which is a direct opposition to India's interests.

The reason for Fear of Chines invasion is due to lessons learned in the past.

And your present relations with Pakistan.

You have attacked us before who's to day the next time An Indian Move is perceived aggressive in China you don't do so again.

Or in the case of another Indo-Pak conflict you decide to come to the aid of your ally.

Not to mention the on going border dispute.

A peaceful existence is always preferable.
But there is a huge trust deficit on both sides. which is causing a lot of friction.

You can't ask us to forget a war over disputed land.
Especially when disputed territory is still an active bilateral Issue.

But this is Widely public opinion.

But the governments of Both nations have gone ahead dispute of all the issues to build a strong economic relationship.

One that might help bridge the trust deficit.

And since then China has been Assisting Pakistan. Which is a direct opposition to India's interests.

The reason for Fear of Chines invasion is due to lessons learned in the past.

And your present relations with Pakistan.

You have attacked us before who's to day the next time An Indian Move is perceived aggressive in China you don't do so again.

Or in the case of another Indo-Pak conflict you decide to come to the aid of your ally.

Not to mention the on going border dispute.

A peaceful existence is always preferable.
But there is a huge trust deficit on both sides. which is causing a lot of friction.

You can't ask us to forget a war over disputed land.
Especially when disputed territory is still an active bilateral Issue.

But this is Widely public opinion.

But the governments of Both nations have gone ahead dispute of all the issues to build a strong economic relationship.

One that might help bridge the trust deficit.

Indian support for Tibet independence also violates Chinese interest!

Indian support for Tibet independence also violates Chinese interest!

Tell why does china have EU sanctions

And when was the last time any one made noise over Tibet.

You know china Already won. Its might has already silenced the world community.

Sad to say to those who see them selves as Tibetans.

Tibet is not on the foreign policy agendas any where in the world.
who is going to risk relations with china over Tibet.

All your doing is bring an issue we would all rather forget into the light of day.

Tell why does china have EU sanctions

And when was the last time any one made noise over Tibet.

You know china Already won. Its might has already silenced the world community.

Sad to say to those who see them selves as Tibetans.

Tibet is not on the foreign policy agendas any where in the world.
who is going to risk relations with china over Tibet.

All your doing is bring an issue we would all rather forget into the light of day.
Sikkim is not on any nation's agenda. So is the northeastern Indian states.
How do you know the Tibetans suffered as slaves? Of whom? They mainly enjoy a better life than you Indians do. They cab learn Tibetan language and obey their religion. They get lots of subsidy from the central gvt. Your efforts trying to seprete Tibet from China wont do you any booting eventually. :blah:

Sikkim is not on any nation's agenda. So is the northeastern Indian states.
How do you know the Tibetans suffered as slaves? Of whom? They mainly enjoy a better life than you Indians do. They cab learn Tibetan language and obey their religion. They get lots of subsidy from the central gvt. Your efforts trying to seprete Tibet from China wont do you any booting eventually. :blah:

Listen i dont have any info on Tibet to pretend as if i have any moral ground. Or to form an educated opinion. I have no wish to preach some dramatic tale about how Tibetans are being subjugated under China. Because frankly I doubt this is the case. Most of them are probably better of in a developing China.

And for the most part I dont give much thought to Tibet. I was merely offering commentary on another members claim that Countries were actively pursuing the issue

My only knowledge on Tibet is that There are people out there who count themselves Tibetans, and feel their homeland was wrongfully taken from.
How much validity there is to their claims i dont know. There were even some roits around the time of the Olympics.
But telling me off is not going to change the fact that they are there.

if you have a Tibet issue its only because there are people who consider them selves Tibetan. Sort it out with them.

Again i would like to remind you all I have no interest in the Tibet issue what so ever. I was only commenting on India's or the worlds view on Tibet in general.

Last edited:

Stop lying in the public!

China said if you kept forwarding into China, it would self defend.

And Nehru kept forwarding into China, because he thought China was badly harmed by bad whether and thoroughly damaged in the Korea War by United Nations’ army.

And democratic India parliament questioned Nehru’s occasional hesitation of forwarding into China, of his patriotism. Nehru loved his country, and Nehru was very patriotic, more than any Indian memebers here, and he was eventually pushed by democratic and jingoistic members of parliament to a near jingoism as well…

India deserves the defeat of 1962. It is a self-inflicted humiliation. It is a direct result of attempting being second-hand imperialism blended with a clownish and jingoistic politicians, bellicose free media, inept field commanders, ill trained soldiers, corrupted military system, conflict instructions, confusing signals...

And Nehru kept forwarding into China, because he thought China was badly harmed by bad whether and thoroughly damaged in the Korea War by United Nations’ army.

Yeah right, India didnt have an army to speak of in 62 and yet some Chinese still consider that we were the aggressor. Stop drinking the PRC kool aid.

I know how you're gonna respond. By posting the Neville Maxwell's version of the 62 war. Maxwell was a useless journalist who had no credibility, so don't bother.

Yeah right, India didnt have an army to speak of in 62 and yet some Chinese still consider that we were the aggressor. Stop drinking the PRC kool aid.

I know how you're gonna respond. By posting the Neville Maxwell's version of the 62 war. Maxwell was a useless journalist who had no credibility, so don't bother.

If situation happens again today. Most people still expect China to sweep into India like 62. Does India has any army now?

If you ask most Americans here, no one would believe that India can win. the truth is that China has strategic and numerical superiority. Also, Indians believe that it helds more advance weaponry compare to what China has. This is not true all across the board as China has some advance weaponry that India does not have. Also, the few advantage India has over China is minimal that does not really matter.

The truth is that technology wise, because India import weapons from the west and Russia, both are roughly equal. We do not see the kind of disparity like that of Iraq and the US military. 2ndly, China hold higher ground and has more forces. As a result, its more likely for China to penetrate India in 96hrs than the other way around.

1.If situation happens again today. Most people still expect China to sweep into India like 62. Does India has any army now?

2.If you ask most Americans here, no one would believe that India can win.

3. Indians believe that it helds more advance weaponry compare to what China has. This is not true all across the board as China has some advance weaponry that India does not have. Also, the few advantage India has over China is minimal that does not really matter.

4.China hold higher ground and has more forces. As a result, its more likely for China to penetrate India in 96hrs than the other way around.

1. In 1962 we had the forces , but they werent mobilized. Also there was no use of AF or the navy. If a war ( which is highly improbable) is to break-out in this era then the two nations will leave no stone unturned.

2.Don't care what a third party thinks.

3. Please cite examples or elaborate to make your point clear.

4. India never talked about attacking another nation. It never does. And also any skilled military commander will tell you that to win over a well defended position one needs a 3:1 ratio which certainly India doesnt have.

P.S : I dont understand where you are coming from. The article where 96hrs is mentioned was baseless and was refuted left right and centre , so stop bringing it up over and over again.

1. In 1962 we had the forces , but they werent mobilized. Also there was no use of AF or the navy. If a war ( which is highly improbable) is to break-out in this era then the two nations will leave no stone unturned.

2.Don't care what a third party thinks.

3. Please cite examples or elaborate to make your point clear.

4. India never talked about attacking another nation. It never does. And also any skilled military commander will tell you that to win over a well defended position one needs a 3:1 ratio which certainly India doesnt have.

P.S : I dont understand where you are coming from. The article where 96hrs is mentioned was baseless and was refuted left right and centre , so stop bringing it up over and over again.

Forgive me. I do not know that many in india refuted all over the article. I thought that the article was enshrined into the Indian constitution.

If situation happens again today. Most people still expect China to sweep into India like 62. Does India has any army now?

If you ask most Americans here, no one would believe that India can win. the truth is that China has strategic and numerical superiority. Also, Indians believe that it helds more advance weaponry compare to what China has. This is not true all across the board as China has some advance weaponry that India does not have. Also, the few advantage India has over China is minimal that does not really matter.

The truth is that technology wise, because India import weapons from the west and Russia, both are roughly equal. We do not see the kind of disparity like that of Iraq and the US military. 2ndly, China hold higher ground and has more forces. As a result, its more likely for China to penetrate India in 96hrs than the other way around.

That's why Indians are always fearing Chinese invasion while Chinese don't. Though the Chinese has no intention to agress them, they still worry about their weak army. Every Chinese has the confidence that no foreigners dare to invade China (excluding some islands, for there are no residents). So the Chinese feel very safe. If you really believe that India is a power, you should have confidence on it that nobody may defeat it, not roaring that you can beat anyone.
The contradiction is, you believe you are a power, but don't have the confidence to deter foreign invasions. Dont strain yourself.:victory::smokin:

First of all Nehru made the stregic blunder in not employing IAF based on US advise , during the 62 conflict which would've changed the out come of that conflict.
But there are sea change since them ,and next time in case of chinese incursion SU30_mki would be lead the offensive into Tibet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom