What's new

Chinese President Hu Jintao warns

Asians are the most prone to inferiority complex. I believe this is because of their collectivist culture which discourages free thought, individuality, self-confidence and self-love.

This is why in the west you don't see many Asian celebrities and why Asian men are hugely marginalized socially even though they are very successful financially. Heck, a lot of celebrities in Asia grew up in the west. They also can't hold down their women. Any white guy can come to Asia and take their women because Asian males are so beta.

A lot of people in the west don't believe Asia can lead the world because of this inferiority complex. As a college student in a big American city, I can attest that Asian men are the least assertive, confident, aggressive, or personable.

When you are all these things, it's very easy to be influenced.

Not prone to the inferiority complex, but we don't want our next generation to be prone to the trashy culture of the West like sex/drug/school dropout.

We are always humble to study the good side of the western culture if it is better.

BTW, i honestly haven't seen any truly attractive Chinese women hooked with the white guys, maybe in the eyes the white guys, those fugly Chinese women represented the stereotyped oriental beauty in the Hollywood. :coffee:

Asians are the most prone to inferiority complex. I believe this is because of their collectivist culture which discourages free thought, individuality, self-confidence and self-love.

This is why in the west you don't see many Asian celebrities and why Asian men are hugely marginalized socially even though they are very successful financially. Heck, a lot of celebrities in Asia grew up in the west. They also can't hold down their women. Any white guy can come to Asia and take their women because Asian males are so beta.

A lot of people in the west don't believe Asia can lead the world because of this inferiority complex. As a college student in a big American city, I can attest that Asian men are the least assertive, confident, aggressive, or personable.

When you are all these things, it's very easy to be influenced.
Chinese people even the orientals are not good at self-expression,so walking in streets to meet them you can not tell if he or she can do or speak things like werterners with more self-confident.And Male or half-male should not be judged by appearances,body hair or feather just animal things.

I have lived and worked in China for many years. The chinese, especially the urban chinese, as so westernised, that even the Europeans and the Americans sometimes get culture shock when they visit cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Guagzhou. Its pretty common to see the young ladies to wear micro mini skirts even to office. As the summer temperatures increases, so does the skirts hemlines go up. Its very rare to find chinese wearing the traditional dresses any more.
Most young chinese get a glimpse of the western lifestyles from the hollywood sitcoms like FRIENDS and desperate houswives. They feel that what's portrayed in these TV series and hollywood movies is what western and modern lifestyle really is and try to imitate the same.

I don't understand why Indian members are laughing at this, cause India is facing the the exact same challenge. Take media distortion aside, what Hu meant was not rejecting Western dress, food, science, class Western music etc. Instead, he is talking about certain western culture element like over individualism, including drugs, certain reality shows, girls over exposing themselves, care free sexes etc that are against traditional eastern values that are shared by Indians as well. For instance, both Indians and Chinese believe that the children should take care of their parents but this value is definitely threatened, at least in China. Actually even in United State religious people are against certain reality shows and pop songs. This has nothing to do with inferior complex etc. It is just a struggle between traditional value vs modern materialism that is addictive.

I have lived and worked in China for many years. The chinese, especially the urban chinese, as so westernised, that even the Europeans and the Americans sometimes get culture shock when they visit cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Guagzhou. Its pretty common to see the young ladies to wear micro mini skirts even to office. As the summer temperatures increases, so does the skirts hemlines go up. Its very rare to find chinese wearing the traditional dresses any more.
Most young chinese get a glimpse of the western lifestyles from the hollywood sitcoms like FRIENDS and desperate houswives. They feel that what's portrayed in these TV series and hollywood movies is what western and modern lifestyle really is and try to imitate the same.

These young folks will eventually abandon their trashy life once they grow older and more mature.

It is time to go back to your own root. :coffee:

Not prone to the inferiority complex, but we don't want our next generation to be prone to the trashy culture of the West like sex/drug/school dropout.

We are always humble to study the good side of the western culture if it is better.

BTW, i honestly haven't seen any truly attractive Chinese women hooked with the white guys, maybe in the eyes the white guys, those fugly Chinese women represented the stereotyped oriental beauty in the Hollywood. :coffee:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Also, the benchmark for beauty differs from culture to culture. For most chinese, big eyes is considered very beautiful. In other cultures maybe the shape of the face or the shape of the nose/mouth/chin etc. is more important. Western guys fall for the petite chinese girls and not much concerned about the facial features.
I have known many Chinese girls whose only goal in life is to find a foreigner, preferably white, boyfriend or husband. Mostly for economical reasons of migrating to the west and many a times for the reasons of the heart. They feel foreign guys are more romantic and caring and many of the girls can't get enough in bed from their chinese BF's.

Rupert-and-Wedndi-Murdoch-007.jpg

WHAT DOES WENDI SEE IN THE MILLIONAIRE MURDOCH

That's exactly what Hu is talking about. I have to tell a lot of Chinese in China that middle class Americans don't live as those in Deperate housewives/Weeds/Breaking Bad and people don't jump into bed with others easily like Charlie Sheen does.

And power. Wendi has a known history of using "useful" men as ladders to move up to the power pyramid. And she is very successful in that regard. You have to give her some credit.

No credit for gold diggers.

And power. Wendi has a known history of using "useful" men as ladders to move up to the power pyramid. And she is very successful in that regard. You have to give her some credit.

Murdoch is no "ordinary" rich man. I'd say she got herself a pretty good catch there, so props to her :D

Back
Top Bottom