What's new

Chinese President Hu Jintao warns

Mr. Hu Jintao is right.

I try my best to wear Shalwar Kameez whenever I get the chance.

I never wear blue jeans. In fact I have never worn blue jeans in my entire life.

Cultural imperialism is stronger than military imperialism. If you are culturally imperialized you start to develop an inferiority complex.

I always try my best to use Pakistani media and products.

Pakistani friends, do not be misled, this is not the meaning of HU.

You fail to understand that a land's culture evolves with time and conditions during that period. I am sure that Chinese culture is not exactly what it was say a couple of hundred years ago. Similar is the case with Japan. Although Japan was defeated, they did not discard their culture and it is as distinctly Japanese as it was prior to WWII. Same with China. Our cultures are thousands of years old and have a firm rooting in our traditions and rituals. Advent of modern sports or technology or clothing is not going to change that.
If one equates a rich culture to such trivialities, one has no real understanding of their own culture. Such statements by 'leaders' (Indians included) simply show their personal insecurities.
Do not be too excited, so to speak, you will not find any of the same view in any Chinese forum, you misunderstood the meaning of HU.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Well, the finger is pointing to the U.S. government and some of his so-called ancillary Foundation, which is the simple answer.

Hu has two meanings

To value our own culture, to compete and the West, this is needed, after all, we have too much emphasis on material life, but ignoring the spiritual life, which is a declaration of competition in the cultural field. No one said a ban cultural exchanges. In addition to material life, spiritual life and culture, we will pay more attention to our own culture.

To attach importance to the West some of the black hand in all areas of society, this is the second meaning.

Well it's pretty late to figure this out now you'd think. Remember what was the message of the students in the Six-Four Incident? They were carrying a statue of a Western woman after all!

:hitwall:

Should have figured this out 20 years ago!

OMG i should start wearing dhoti kurta. dear what u say cultural imperialism is nothing but cultural exchange. human can not grow by living like well's frog.

You don't know what you are talking about.

I don't want westernization or americanization of my country.

What's your problem?

Most Pakistanis don't wear blue jeans!

Blue jeans is seen as something foreign in Pakistan.

Worry about your own country!

We Pakistanis don't care if you want to americanize India.

Like I said before, I can accept computers, TV, cars, because this is technology.

But I won't accept things that is western/american like blue jeans or baseball caps.

Western-style TV programmes such as talent shows – which have proved a huge hit in China – have also been targeted in the crackdown.

Why?:what:

In November, the country's media watchdog banned advertisements during television dramas.

Welcome move. I also want it to be adopted in India, extent it to movies also.

Iranian teens also wear jeans, eat KFC, and watch Hollywood, right before they go to an antiAmerican sermon at a hardline mosque.
AH ahah ahah
i got one of the biggest laugh reading this
what a joke
you don't know anything about of my country it seems
ok let me explain you: yeah Iranian teens wear jeans under some other cloth i guess you heard about ;)
yeah Hollywood movies are forbidden in Iran but we still keep to find it by our own way
eat KFC? yeah yeah never heard it is forbidden in Iran? any US company (except Coca Cola but i can explain you why if you want, nice story). never heard the story as well of Ravagh? someone wanted in Iran to do a KFC in Iran and guess what happened... some hardliners destroyed his business

the best joke is "they go to an antiAmerican sermon at a hardline mosque"
teens they don't go to mosque for most of them
and of course most of mosque are ... religious purpose ... nothing to do with USA
but yes some regime sermons (like Khatami (the otherone) or Khamenei are very anti US for sure but it is not religion sermon of course it is political
first they are not a

Pakistani friends, do not be misled, this is not the meaning of HU.

The entire article is a gross misrepresentation of what Hu said. Hu never mentioned such trivial matters as jeans or singing contests. We ought to be fully aware that all Western media reports have their "perspective and context", code words for distorting facts to fit their idealogical, political, and cultrual straightjackets. I took the trouble to read the original Chinese text and could not recognize it from the reporting. It is as if I was reading two different texts.

The entire article is a gross misrepresentation of what Hu said. Hu never mentioned such trivial matters as jeans or singing contests. We ought to be fully aware that all Western media reports have their "perspective and context", code words for distorting facts to fit their idealogical, political, and cultrual straightjackets. I took the trouble to read the original Chinese text and could not recognize it from the reporting. It is as if I was reading two different texts.

Can not agree more, this is a deliberate distortion.

It turns out that the article is really a western propaganda piece to fool their ignorant people just to incite Sinophobia.

The article is suggesting as if China is a cultural rival of USA.

Anyways, I'm against americanization/westernization of Pakistan.

It turns out that the article is really a western propaganda piece to fool their ignorant people just to incite Sinophobia.

The article is suggesting as if China is a cultural rival of USA.

Anyways, I will always be against americanization/westernization of Pakistan.

As a friend 's advice, but do not be too exclusive exchange, something is true, for example, the West has its own dirty intentions in communication, but we need courage to face challenges, shut the door it is not the solution, it also will stop our own progress space.

Culture is more than jeans. It is mainly cultural thoughts. Western Media seemed to be hell bent on making other countries look bad and distort the original meaning to fits their own narrative of being culturally superior.

Lol. Funny that Mr Hu Jintao thinks that thousands of years of Chinese culture is threatened by Western culture!! Such "warnings" reflect ones own insecurities.

This is why you indian dont understand , his message is to remind chinese be a good decent human being , just like your parents constantly telling you to behave.

Back
Top Bottom