What's new

Chinese Nuclear Missile Upgrade Near Dalian

Broccoli

Reaction score
Country
Finland
By Hans M. Kristensen

One of the last Chinese Second Artillery brigades with the old liquid-fuel DF-3A intermediate-range nuclear ballistic missile appears to have been upgraded to the newer DF-21 road-mobile, dual-capable, medium-range ballistic missile.

A new satellite image posted on Google Earth from May 4, 2014, reveals major changes to what appears to be a launch unit site for the Dengshahe brigade northeast of Dalian by the Yellow Sea.

The upgrade apparently marks the latest phase in a long and slow conversion of the Dengshahe brigade from the DF-3A to the DF-21.

The range of the DF-21 is less than the range of the DF-3A (2,150 km versus 3,000 km), but the DF-21 system is much more capable than the DF-3A. Unlike the liquid-fuel, transportable DF-3A, the DF-21 is a solid-fuel missile carried on a road-mobile transporter erector launcher (TEL). As such, the DF-21 TEL can move around the landscape much more freely and can set up and fire its missile quicker than the DF-3A system. The DF-21 is also more accurate, which is reflected in a smaller warhead – 200-300 kilotons versus 3,300 kilotons for the DF-3A warhead.

From the launch pads north of Dalian, the DF-21 would able to target all U.S. military bases on the Japanese mainland as well as on Okinawa.

More here.
Chinese Nuclear Missile Upgrade Near Dalian - FAS Strategic Security Blog

Ahh... DF-21, what took you so long to get here? My hair is as white as the snow of Manchuria...

No one should worry if they have no intention of nuking us. We have no 1st-use nuclear strike.

Ahh... DF-21, what took you so long to get here? My hair is as white as the snow of Manchuria...

Nuclear weapons have never been high priority for PLA.

Take a look at slow pace of DF-5 deployment.
In December 1980, China deployed two DF-5 ICBMs in silos. Yes, all of two. The full deployment of three brigades totaling 18 DF-5s didn’t occur until the mid-1990s. (May 1995, according to one source.)
Jeffrey Lewis • Trial Operational Deterrence

is this nuke going to wipe out the INDIAN anytime soon. I dunno how strong the INDIAN nukes, I only heard strong from their mouths. When I look through all their weapons export to other country thread, all I see are US patent or Russian patent weapons with label made in INDIA. lol

Hey Broccoli, how about you to get a life and stop being obsessive to bash China's nuclear weapons?

BTW, don't reply my post, since you are in my ignored list.

China has over 3000 nuclear weapons and now the DF-41 ICBM. Hans Kristensen is another Gordan Chang. Both are amateur noobs and good for comedic relief only.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom