What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

sir suppose if we our economy gets better and we order 8 type 54 frigates by which time you would be able to deliver all eight frigates

looking at current trends, we may build about 4 or less in about 3 years, and the rest would be licences built in Pakistan. No way China wants to build all in China and no way Pakistan would want it that way.

However 8 of them seems over kill, maybe 4 is a better number, or even 3.

looking at current trends, we may build about 4 or less in about 3 years, and the rest would be licences built in Pakistan. No way China wants to build all in China and no way Pakistan would want it that way.

Sir if our economy gets better what I have heard is Pakistan Navy is looking forward to have 22 to 24 Frigates by 2030 So from China I think this frigate is best option and I wouldn't mind 8 of these

The second 056, 597 enter service after Sea trial
rdn_51ae90280a4c7.jpg

rdn_51ae9028670d2.jpg

China can do it,we build 10 054As in 4 years only by HP and HD.There are lots large Shipyard havent enough works like dalian Shipyard and longxue Shipyard.
But we need help Pakistan to grow Shipbuilding Industry,I think that China do two thirds and Pakistan do One third is a nice choice

Sir if our economy gets better what I have heard is Pakistan Navy is looking forward to have 22 to 24 Frigates by 2030 So from China I think this frigate is best option and I wouldn't mind 8 of these
Friend, Why not build 054 together with china first, then you design by yourself or with us a new frigate, that's very good for your industry, then you can export them and earn money, it is virtuous circle, I really hope Pak can make any weapons they want generally. Just like JF-17 project, I hope any join military project or civilian project between Pak and China, can let Pak benefit, Not only money, but can make you stronger in industry!!!
I don't hope China Military Company export weapon to Pak just for Money, that's not thing that real friend do!!

Friend, Why not build 054 together with china first, then you design by yourself or with us a new frigate, that's very good for your industry, then you can export them and earn money, it is virtuous circle, I really hope Pak can make any weapons they want generally. Just like JF-17 project, I hope any join military project or civilian project between Pak and China, can let Pak benefit, Not only money, but can make you stronger in industry!!!
I don't hope China Military Company export weapon to Pak just for Money, that's not thing that real friend do!!

Mr we will get the design and produce them but we have to deal with India and to get 24 frigates we would need china you can built many ships at one time so we will need you

Chinese Navy - Liaoning ship internal exposure

Henri K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Chinese navy already ahead of the Russian navy? What do you guys think? It seems China is taken, or will take the lead soon.

Is the Chinese navy already ahead of the Russian navy? What do you guys think? It seems China is taken, or will take the lead soon.

Amphibious warfare, air defense we are ahead but submarine and anti-Sub area needs improvement compare to Russia.

Amphibious warfare, air defense we are ahead but submarine and anti-Sub area needs improvement compare to Russia.

Also, China has larger numbers of stealthy warships, right?

Examples: Type 052B, 052C, 054, 054A...

China can do it,we build 10 054As in 4 years only by HP and HD.There are lots large Shipyard havent enough works like dalian Shipyard and longxue Shipyard.
But we need help Pakistan to grow Shipbuilding Industry,I think that China do two thirds and Pakistan do One third is a nice choice

HD and HP are capable of building tens of 054As a year if put to the task。

But both the yards are hands full with other works ,with HD focusing on high-value added products such as LNG ships and HP law enforcement vessels etc。

HD and HP are capable of building tens of 054As a year if put to the task。

But both the yards are hands full with other works ,with HD focusing on high-value added products such as LNG ships and HP law enforcement vessels etc。
coast guard ships are not hard work

Not yet,at least after 15 years

Not yet,at least after 15 years

China is ahead or Russia in regards to Navy. Russians have better SSN/SSBN submarines such as Borei and Yasen-class. However, everything else, China is better. China has a good number of stealth destroyers, frigates and Corvettes/missile boats. In addition to all this, China has a lot more SSK submarines.

On paper, Russia has more SSN/SSBN submarines, but all of them are from 1970s and 1980s. Russian Kilo-class SSK submarines are not even upgraded, but standard. There is no Lada-class sub in the horizont yet.

I hope of course that Russia will be able to produce more stealth ships, since Russia and China are strategic friends and partners, but a lot of job is needed to fix this.

So in regards to the Navy, besides excellent subs such as Borei and Yasen-class, there is nothing else Russia has an edge in, in regards to the Navy.

We also have to take into the account, how many of those old ships would actually be combat ready. After 20 years of neglect, it's hard, so it's better to build new ships, so I hope Russia will be able to do so.

The same goes for Russian Air Force. China has a lot more 4+ gen fighters combat ready and upgraded compared to Russia. Once again, I hope Russia will be able to fix this, because it's in Chinese interest to also have strong Russian friend and partner.

Are you kidding? In 15 years later, the only legit rival of the PLAN will be the USN.

:rofl:如今中国能造出俄罗斯同性能的常规和核潜艇吗?核潜艇数量能赶得上的,别有点成绩就不知道姓啥了

Back
Top Bottom