What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

I don't think so. Type 052D destroyer is just like Type 052C destroyed which is build in small quantity. Their building pace is slow.

Type055 is the warship that excel USN AB destroyed in everything including the upgrade one.

Equip this in large number to make PLAN a formidable navy make sense.
Seeing 4 Type055 build in a single go shows how confident and satisfy for this warship. I am very sure the first 055 cruiser will get commission very fast. So that it will act as foreleader to go for sea trial and to prove all system combining as one working perfectly. Maybe 2018 April the first will commission.

ummm......by going by the outfitting times of the 052D Destroyer, the norm is around 2.5 years, though the first vessel "Kunming" was fitted out very fast in only 1.5 years. Considering that the 055 is a bigger, more complex vessel....then even if the first in class is launched later this summer, then the outfitting is done briskly, we still won't see the finished vessel, well into 2019.
In general though, even at their slowest pace, the Chinese build Destroyers, seemingly at a quicker rate than their Western counterparts.................but by far the slowest are the Indians, who take a staggering 10 years to build their Destroyers.

ummm......by going by the outfitting times of the 052D Destroyer, the norm is around 2.5 years, though the first vessel "Kunming" was fitted out very fast in only 1.5 years. Considering that the 055 is a bigger, more complex vessel....then even if the first in class is launched later this summer, then the outfitting is done briskly, we still won't see the finished vessel, well into 2019.
In general though, even at their slowest pace, the Chinese build Destroyers, seemingly at a quicker rate than their Western counterparts.................but by far the slowest are the Indians, who take a staggering 10 years to build their Destroyers.
Type 055 cruiser might be a different ball game. When has a type of major warship in PLAN assemble and build of 4 in almost the same time? There will always be a first. And I predicted 055 cruiser completion will even be faster than previous. It maybe bigger but the VLS, propulsion, main gun and most sub system are hardly new.

Maybe 2018 April the first will commission.
Type 055 cruiser might be a different ball game. When has a type of major warship in PLAN assemble and build of 4 in almost the same time? There will always be a first. And I predicted 055 cruiser completion will even be faster than previous. It maybe bigger but the VLS, propulsion, main gun and most sub system are hardly new.

Impossible ... when launched probably next week or at least by July this year it will never ever is never finished, outfitted, has done its first sea trails finished, being tested by all it's heart to be commissioned by April.

I know You also think the FC-31 can take ala plug&play most of the systems from the J-20 in order shorten its development cycle and here You believe the same but an aircraft and that ship is a system as a whole one ; it's not like playing LEGO. Consequently it has to be tested at first as a ship and later as a combat system alone and later in cooperation with other assets.

I would even say if it makes it first voyage - and not just getting wet feet - by April it would already be an achievement.

Sorry to say so, but You are dreaming again.

Deino

Last edited:
:azn: New sub from JN

039C-1.jpg

039C-2.jpg

Last edited:
Impossible ... when launched probably next week or at least by July this year it will never ever is never finished, outfitted, has done its first sea trails finished, being tested by all it's heart to be commissioned by April.

I know You also think the FC-31 can take ala plug&play most of the systems from the J-20 in order shorten its development cycle and here You believe the same but an aircraft and that ship is a system as a whole one ; it's not like playing LEGO. Consequently it has to be tested at first as a ship and later as a combat system alone and later in cooperation with other assets.

I would even say if it makes it first voyage - and not just getting wet feet - by April it would already be an achievement.

Sorry to say so, but You are dreaming again.

Deino
I hope you are wrong. It seems like 055 building pace is a record for major heavy tonnage warship. Instead of the so called July launched, it may be launched in near end of Jun. :enjoy:

My estimation of April 2018 for first 055 cruiser to be commissioned is not that far off. PLAN urgently need this cruiser. They are building it four in ago. I think they may want to have 8 commission in service by 2020 :enjoy:

UT8PfEJ.jpg

I hope you are wrong. It seems like 055 building pace is a record for major heavy tonnage warship. Instead of the so called July launched, it may be launched in near end of Jun. :enjoy:

My estimation of April 2018 for first 055 cruiser to be commissioned is not that far off. PLAN urgently need this cruiser. They are building it four in ago. I think they may want to have 8 commission in service by 2020 :enjoy:

View attachment 406359

To admit it is far off and even more far, far than You think. Bringing a ship into water (maybe indeed within the next days) and commissioning it within 9 months is plain impossible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom