What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

Thanks for the info 'Icloo' though i think you need to write your posts using bigger texts fonts.........lol.......:-):woot:o_O

Regarding, the 071 Amphibious ship, we know the 5th one is under construction now, but is there signs of a 6th one yet being built?.......or are the Chinese just going to build these ships one at a time over several years?

If Pop3 is right on the number of 071 (he usually is, since he is an insider with good credibility), then steel cutting and module fabrication of 6th unit must have been in progress.

Since global orders for commercial ships are slowing, I expect the shipyard will move some of their workers and engineers from commercial yard to navy yard in order to cut down idle time for workers and machines. In this view, we might as well expect that work for the 7th unit has begun too.

The latter.

this is the first time I heard about it, any source? though I'm not surprised. I actually expected China to build at least two of this helo carrier, it will significantly enhance China's anti submarine defence.

this is the first time I heard about it, any source? though I'm not surprised. I actually expected China to build at least two of this helo carrier, it will significantly enhance China's anti submarine defence.

The new class has been in the rumour mill for a number of years and is now positively confirmed by the same person who first disclosed the existence of Type 075 LHD quite some time back.

The new class has been in the rumour mill for a number of years and is now positively confirmed by the same person who first disclosed the existence of Type 075 LHD quite some time back.

is it still in design phase or already close to cut the first steel? I'm just surprised they choose this time to build when they already have so many projects.

The most powerful "type 818" Chinese coast guard ship (054A FFG class hull) commissioned
2 630 CIWS shown 偶遇新交付的3000T海警船, 海警船首装630 CIWS
jW9J9SE.jpg

I believe there are 2 x 054A's which will be commissioned into the Chinese fleet, late this Spring or early Summer.
If there are to be 30 054A's built, that would suggest the follow on class 054B won't start construction until the end of this decade......which i think is the most likely scenario.

According to an insider source, 054B with a new propulsion system will appear before end of this year. It will have upgraded electronics but with similar weapon configuration as 054A.

The new propulsion system is likely an all eletric propulsion or a hybrid electric-conventional power propulsion.

Just wait until 3rd or 4th quarter this year to see if it appears or not.

New PLAN toys in development :coffee::D:tup:

解放军装备发展部长张又侠上将视察中船重工某研究所

4月15日,在中船重工董事长胡问鸣的陪同下,中央军委委员、装备发展部部长张又侠到中船重工某研究所视察。中央军委装备发展部副部长王力、办公厅主任夏清月、综合计划局局长周振杰、科研订购局局长朱程,中船重工副总经理杨金成、何纪武陪同视察。

张又侠一行参观装备科研试验现场,听取胡问鸣和所领导对装备和项目的研发、关键技术攻关和装备生产情况汇报。张又侠详细了解项目性能指标、核心技术和装备特色等,对该所近年来创新发展取得的成绩和为海军装备现代化建设作出的突出贡献给予充分肯定。

张又侠要求,要进一步解放思想,更新观念,向世界先进水平看齐,推动装备技术实现新的革命,以新技术引领装备发展。要围绕部队作战需求,加快提高技术预研能力和综合验证能力,不断提升武器装备的作战效能,为保证国家战略安全、提升海军制海防御综合能力作出新的更大贡献。

胡问鸣感谢军委装备发展部长期以来对中船重工及所属单位发展给予的指导和支持,表示,中船重工将牢记使命,把军队首长的重要指示和思想与先进的科研成果结合起来,继续围绕国家战略安全新要求和部队装备建设新需求,精心组织、创新突破,打造新型好用顶用的武器装备,做好装备研发设计建造和保障等全方位工作,为国防现代化建设和海军强国建设作出应有的贡献。

中船重工董事会秘书刘郑国,中央军委装备发展部及中船重工有关部门负责人参加活动。(作者署名:中船重工)

zyx-1.jpg

zyx-2.jpg

zyx-4.jpg
zyx-3.jpg

New PLAN toys in development :coffee::D:tup:

解放军装备发展部长张又侠上将视察中船重工某研究所

4月15日,在中船重工董事长胡问鸣的陪同下,中央军委委员、装备发展部部长张又侠到中船重工某研究所视察。中央军委装备发展部副部长王力、办公厅主任夏清月、综合计划局局长周振杰、科研订购局局长朱程,中船重工副总经理杨金成、何纪武陪同视察。

张又侠一行参观装备科研试验现场,听取胡问鸣和所领导对装备和项目的研发、关键技术攻关和装备生产情况汇报。张又侠详细了解项目性能指标、核心技术和装备特色等,对该所近年来创新发展取得的成绩和为海军装备现代化建设作出的突出贡献给予充分肯定。

张又侠要求,要进一步解放思想,更新观念,向世界先进水平看齐,推动装备技术实现新的革命,以新技术引领装备发展。要围绕部队作战需求,加快提高技术预研能力和综合验证能力,不断提升武器装备的作战效能,为保证国家战略安全、提升海军制海防御综合能力作出新的更大贡献。

胡问鸣感谢军委装备发展部长期以来对中船重工及所属单位发展给予的指导和支持,表示,中船重工将牢记使命,把军队首长的重要指示和思想与先进的科研成果结合起来,继续围绕国家战略安全新要求和部队装备建设新需求,精心组织、创新突破,打造新型好用顶用的武器装备,做好装备研发设计建造和保障等全方位工作,为国防现代化建设和海军强国建设作出应有的贡献。

中船重工董事会秘书刘郑国,中央军委装备发展部及中船重工有关部门负责人参加活动。(作者署名:中船重工)

View attachment 391333
View attachment 391334
View attachment 391335 View attachment 391336
A loose translation...

On April 15, 2017 the PLA equipment development head General Zhang Youxia inspects a research institute of some Chinese heavy industry, accompanied by the chairman of the company, Hu Wenming. Along the inspection team are the many heads of the related PLA equipment development functions or departments.

Zhang Youxia details about the project performance indicators, the core technology and equipment characteristics, etc., of which the achievements of innovation and development in recent years and the outstanding contribution for the navy equipment modernization give full affirmation.

Zhang Youxia's requirements, to further emancipate the mind, renew the idea, to the world advanced level, promote the implementation of new equipment technology revolution, with new technology and equipment development. To the surrounding troops demand, speeds up the advance research ability and comprehensive ability, improve the technology continuously improve the operational effectiveness of weapons and equipment, to ensure the safety of the national strategy, promote system of naval sea defense comprehensive ability to make new greater contributions.

The Chairman Hu thanks CMC equipment development for a long time development of the Chinese company and its subordinate units to give guidance and support, said that the Chinese heavy industry will bear in mind that the mission, chief of the army's important instructions and ideas combining with the advanced scientific research achievements, a new requirement and forces continue to national strategic security demand new equipment construction, elaborate organization, innovation, breakthrough, creating new works of weapons and equipment, to do a good job of construction and security equipment research and development design, etc, for national defense modernization and make due contributions to construction of naval powers.

People's Liberation Army Navy 68th Anniversary Commemoration: April 23rd, 2017

It's almost another year away of the Chinese Naval Force establishment, the People's Liberation Army Navy 中国人民解放军海军 was founded in 68 years ago (on April 23).

Here's the Military Anthem of the PLA Navy "People's Navy Going Forward" 「人民海军前进」, let's hear together :china::china::china:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom