What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

JN obviously has a busy schedule for 2016,with the expected launch of D9、D10 and 055 #1,start of construction of Type 002 CV,and completion of an advanced training ship、LCACs、submarines and mine sweepers/hunters。

Which shipyard will have the second production line of the nuclear sub?

I can see from reading your post 'mike2000', that we think alike, and both of us are dismayed at the way our politicians have handled the British Defence equipment program in recent times.

The American Navy is in a bit of a mess as well, due to bad political decisions. The LCS is a total dog of a warship, even the US Navy calls it the 'Little Crappy Ship'.

I know the Indians are building up their Navy as well, but they don't appear to be making a good job of it, and i have no interest in the Indian Navy.

The only country i admire, at the present is the Chinese for their remarkable rapid rise in the development of their Navy, and the technological achievements they have made.
Plus, they are making a lot of warships each year,and the fact that their defence programs are kept secret, it makes it more exciting to navy enthusiasts worldwide, when we see a new warship class.
2016 is going to be a big year, i think for the Chinese Navy, and the ship i'am looking forward most to seeing is 'the beast', i.e the Type 055 Destroyer/Cruiser. :-)

True, the main issue is that most European military powers which mainly France and Britain have entered a state of complacency. Since we have been living in an era of peace and stability since the end of the cold war. We faced no real threats whatsoever. Reason many European countries have downgraded their defence/military while prioritizing welfare,health,education,etc It's more easier for politicians to justify to the public why they are increasing healthcare/education/welfare/social services etc than why they are increasing/providing more funds for the military or why they are spending billion building more destroyers/submarines/frigates/aircraft carrier etc etc.

We need a real credible threat like the soviet Union during the cold war, back then the public/politicians were very much aware of the threats we faced reason we could build basically any military equipment from large bombers like our Vulcan to carrier based fighters like sea Harriers etc without much hassle/protest from anyone. Unlike today where the public/opposition parties etc will cry foul if we decided to go ahead with one. In short military isn't a priority anymore, which is a very dangerous policy, since you never know when a threat might emerge, always have to be prepared for the worse. Its for this reason i hope Putin keeps increasing his aggression/provocations towards us so our public/politicians can wake up from their complacency/slumber. Our last SDSR was a disaster, its only after Russia annexed Crimea/got involved in the crisis in Ukraine and started more aggressive patrols against European countries that our leaders finally stopped their crazy policy of dismantling many of our military/equipment, cutting our defence spending/manpower and committing more to our defence industry etc.:disagree:

Though i know we don't have any credible threat in our neighborhood at all, reason our forces/equipment are mainly deployed abroad for power projection in our overseas military bases and territory. However, that's not enough we need a more robust military and more manpower

Which shipyard will have the second production line of the nuclear sub?

JN most probably。:D

DDG 167Shenzhen

194753zo3e7zyb5xmx77xo.jpg.thumb.jpg

It looks like DDG 167 is going to turn out to be a much improved and capable Destroyer.

What i want to know is how are the refits to the 'Sovs' coming along, any news or pictures?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom