What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

I went on HMS Daring a few years ago at a Portsmouth Navy day. HMS Dauntless was there as well, together with a couple of Type 23 Frigates and a Type 22 Frigate. The Type 23 Frigates were very well armed for there size, but there wasn't a lot of room on them to get around. The Batch 3 Type 22 was a very powerful ship, and was pretty much a better all round warship, than a Type 42 Destroyer.............shame that our dimwit politicians got rid of the 4 batch 3 Frigates, a few years ago, and sold them for about £10 each. Unbelievable! :(

That's what i like about the Chinese Navy, they hold onto their assets, because their politicians obviously know there worth.

We don't worry about you.....because you are our friends. :-)

May Sino UK relation and economic cooperation continue to grow :enjoy:

Launch of JN‘s D8 :-)

D8.jpg

D8-1.jpg

Rounding up 2015 nicely。

Is that mean the 1st batch of 8x type052D DDGs building in JN shipyard finished ? Next plan for more 052D ?

JN obviously has a busy schedule for 2016,with the expected launch of D9、D10 and 055 #1,start of construction of Type 002 CV,and completion of an advanced training ship、LCACs、submarines and mine sweepers/hunters。

JN obviously has a busy schedule for 2016,with the expected launch of D9、D10 and 055 #1,start of construction of Type 002 CV,and completion of an advanced training ship、LCACs、submarines and mine sweepers/hunters。
I just feel JN shipyard might focus on type055 building ... another DL and HD shipyards start to building type052D in 2016.

I just count last four years since 2011, the single China JN shipyard already built 4x 052C and 8x 052D DDGs ... so following such building speed in JN + DL + HD shipyards to building next batch of type052D + type055 DDGs together ... China Navy have chance to own total 30x type052C/D and type055 DDG fleet in 2020, it's very possible ! :coffee: There no doubt will be world N.o2 navy power in China ... well obey our schedule and keep moving forward.:china: I do think today China ship industry is making new miracle from 2010 to 2020 in PRC history.:-)

003958wrk8zkph656pwsq6.jpg
2008112210362755279.jpg
1320831284364.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited:
I just count last four years since 2011, the single China JN shipyard already built 4x 052C and 8x 052D DDGs ... so following such building speed in JN + DL + HD shipyards to building next batch of type052D + type055 DDGs together ... China Navy have chance to own total 30x type052C/D and type055 DDG fleet in 2020, it's very possible !

:woot: army ants marching forward

I went on HMS Daring a few years ago at a Portsmouth Navy day. HMS Dauntless was there as well, together with a couple of Type 23 Frigates and a Type 22 Frigate. The Type 23 Frigates were very well armed for there size, but there wasn't a lot of room on them to get around. The Batch 3 Type 22 was a very powerful ship, and was pretty much a better all round warship, than a Type 42 Destroyer.............shame that our dimwit politicians got rid of the 4 batch 3 Frigates, a few years ago, and sold them for about £10 each. Unbelievable! :(

That's what i like about the Chinese Navy, they hold onto their assets, because their politicians obviously know there worth.

I agree, Our politician/leaders have been really short sighted/incompetent when it comes to our military assets/equipment. Sometimes i just can't believe how stupid/dumb they can be, it's really unbelievable that they scrap/retire our warships not only far earlier than almost any country out there, but they often tend to destroy the decommissioned ships altogether(although most of the are still in good shape and advanced/world class for many other countries out there). They could at least sell them to other developing countries(it will still be the most advanced/powerful warship these countries will have in their arsenal. But our clueless politicians would rather scrap/destroy them altogether. What a total waste. :angry:
Just look at our Nimrod maritime patrol aircrafts, after our defence giants almost finished upgrading them(spending hundreds of millions of pounds to do so) our foolish leaders then told them to scrap and destroy it wasting over $4billion down the drain and all the expertise we had gained from building and operating such a world class platform(how many countries build these type of aircraft? very few) FOR NOTHING.:hitwall: Now after realising their huge mistake/blunder they are purchasing P-8 Poseidon from the U.S, meanwhile our Nimrod had basically similar/same capabilities. These politicians are idiots. The our carrier based sea harrier had even more tragic end after they were decommissioned auctioned for less than 1/6th their real worth to the U.S and scrapped together with our aircraft carrier Ark Royal and most recently HMS illustrious carrier. All these were decommissioned/scrapped/destroyed far earlier than in any other country. If it was China all these equipment will still be serving in their navy and will even be at the forefront of their military Arsenal. Seriously we really need to review how we manage our equipment. Since if our leaders did manage them well, then there is no reason we shouldn't be having over 3-4 carriers after our QE carriers enter service by 2020.:hitwall:

£3.6 billion Nimrods dismantled for scrap - Telegraph
Scandal of our scrapyard Navy: We sold Ark Royal to the Turkish for scrap... now we have to buy back bits of her to repair UK's last carrier | Daily Mail Online
Languishing in Arizona, our once-mighty fleet of Harriers... sold for the price of just ONE of their US-made replacements | Daily Mail Online

In short its our politicians/leaders who are to blame for their incompetence/short sightedness. Since our defence giants can(they have been building many for other countries) virtually build any type of world class warship/military system out there. They just need our leaders to give them the contract/go ahead and be committed to it that's all.:disagree:

Hopefully Russia will be even more aggressive and start threatening us so our leaders/public can wake up from their slumber, since this long era of peace/stability and no threat has made our public/leaders to be very complacent to the point where they think they can just put our military on the back burner for other more pressing social needs/improve living standards etc. This shouldn't be the case since a country's security should always be among the top priorities as well. We need a major military threat to shake things up i believe.:D

We don't worry about you.....because you are our friends. :-)

Well, I already said this several times. China HAS NEVER BEEN A THREAT TO US
(or to any European power for that matter), reason we don't consider them a threat and we are more open/willing to cooperate with them in many fields. Each country has it's own interests/security threats.

I agree, Our politician/leaders have been really short sighted/incompetent when it comes to our military assets/equipment. Sometimes i just can't believe how stupid/dumb they can be, it's really unbelievable that they scrap/retire our warships not only far earlier than almost any country out there, but they often tend to destroy the decommissioned ships altogether(although most of the are still in good shape and advanced/world class for many other countries out there). They could at least sell them to other developing countries(it will still be the most advanced/powerful warship these countries will have in their arsenal. But our clueless politicians would rather scrap/destroy them altogether. What a total waste. :angry:
Just look at our Nimrod maritime patrol aircrafts, after our defence giants almost finished upgrading them(spending hundreds of millions of pounds to do so) our foolish leaders then told them to scrap and destroy it wasting over $4billion down the drain and all the expertise we had gained from building and operating such a world class platform(how many countries build these type of aircraft? very few) FOR NOTHING.:hitwall: Now after realising their huge mistake/blunder they are purchasing P-8 Poseidon from the U.S, meanwhile our Nimrod had basically similar/same capabilities. These politicians are idiots. The our carrier based sea harrier had even more tragic end after they were decommissioned auctioned for less than 1/6th their real worth to the U.S and scrapped together with our aircraft carrier Ark Royal and most recently HMS illustrious carrier. All these were decommissioned/scrapped/destroyed far earlier than in any other country. If it was China all these equipment will still be serving in their navy and will even be at the forefront of their military Arsenal. Seriously we really need to review how we manage our equipment. Since if our leaders did manage them well, then there is no reason we shouldn't be having over 3-4 carriers after our QE carriers enter service by 2020.:hitwall:

Scandal of our scrapyard Navy: We sold Ark Royal to the Turkish for scrap... now we have to buy back bits of her to repair UK's last carrier | Daily Mail Online
Languishing in Arizona, our once-mighty fleet of Harriers... sold for the price of just ONE of their US-made replacements | Daily Mail Online

In short its our politicians/leaders who are to blame for their incompetence/short sightedness. Since our defence giants can(they have been building many for other countries) virtually build any type of world class warship/military system out there. They just need our leaders to give them the contract/go ahead and be committed to it that's all.:disagree:

Hopefully Russia will be even more aggressive and start threatening us so our leaders/public can wake up from their slumber, since this long era of peace/stability and no threat has made our public/leaders to be very complacent to the point where they think they can just put our military on the back burner for other more pressing social needs/improve living standards etc. This shouldn't be the case since a country's security should always be among the top priorities as well. We need a major military threat to shake things up i believe.:D

(or to any European power for that matter), reason we don't consider them a threat and we are more open/willing to cooperate with them in many fields. Each country has it's own interests/security threats.

I can see from reading your post 'mike2000', that we think alike, and both of us are dismayed at the way our politicians have handled the British Defence equipment program in recent times.

The American Navy is in a bit of a mess as well, due to bad political decisions. The LCS is a total dog of a warship, even the US Navy calls it the 'Little Crappy Ship'.

I know the Indians are building up their Navy as well, but they don't appear to be making a good job of it, and i have no interest in the Indian Navy.

The only country i admire, at the present is the Chinese for their remarkable rapid rise in the development of their Navy, and the technological achievements they have made.
Plus, they are making a lot of warships each year,and the fact that their defence programs are kept secret, it makes it more exciting to navy enthusiasts worldwide, when we see a new warship class.
2016 is going to be a big year, i think for the Chinese Navy, and the ship i'am looking forward most to seeing is 'the beast', i.e the Type 055 Destroyer/Cruiser. :-)

I can see from reading your post 'mike2000', that we think alike, and both of us are dismayed at the way our politicians have handled the British Defence equipment program in recent times.

The American Navy is in a bit of a mess as well, due to bad political decisions. The LCS is a total dog of a warship, even the US Navy calls it the 'Little Crappy Ship'.

I know the Indians are building up their Navy as well, but they don't appear to be making a good job of it, and i have no interest in the Indian Navy.

The only country i admire, at the present is the Chinese for their remarkable rapid rise in the development of their Navy, and the technological achievements they have made.
Plus, they are making a lot of warships each year,and the fact that their defence programs are kept secret, it makes it more exciting to navy enthusiasts worldwide, when we see a new warship class.
2016 is going to be a big year, i think for the Chinese Navy, and the ship i'am looking forward most to seeing is 'the beast', i.e the Type 055 Destroyer/Cruiser. :-)
Type 055 cruiser will be the Chinese Kirov and I hope PLAN will have at least 10 of these.

What is your ideal size for the Royal Navy?

I guess it should be 6 QE class supercarriers, 24 Type 45 DDGs, 18 Astute SSNs, 8 Vanguard replacement SSBNs as the flag ships.

Well, Britain was once the synonym of the naval power, and without the aforementioned naval assets, you cannot call yourself a naval power anymore.

But fortunately, we are welcomed to cooperate with Britain, Russia, or Iran on this matter.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom