What's new

Chinese myna bird placed under house arrest for shouting 'f*** you' in zoo

fallstuff

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Not a pretty polly: Chinese myna bird placed under house arrest for shouting 'f*** you' at visitors to zoo

Keepers have isolated the bird after it was 'taught to swear by visitors

A rude myna bird has been put in solitary confinement at a zoo after shouting 'f*** you' at visitors.

The bird had been trained to welcome people to Jiufeng Forest Zoo in Wuhan, central China, but keepers were shocked to hear it insulting tourists in recent weeks.

Staff believe the bird picked up the rude words from visitors and signs have now been put up warning zoo-goers about teaching mynas bad language.

A sign erected at the zoo read: 'Please do not use foul language to get a rise out of the Myna.'

The common myna bird has been isolated to stop the other birds from copying the rude words.

Keepers say they will withhold food from the common myna bird when it swears and play tapes of polite words to change its bad habits.

Caretaker Li Yun said he had heard some tourists try to teach the birds rude words.

He told China's Global Times: 'The bird has a good memory. It's possible that some visitor taught it how to say these things.'

He said the birds are 'good mimics' and quick learners.

Eight talking mynas were introduced to the zoo in 2010 from Vietnam and four of them were put on show to welcome visitors.

They were taught to speak in full Chinese sentences and welcomed people with phrases such as 'I wish you prosperity' and hello and goodbye.

Myna birds are native to Asia and is a popular pet for its ability to mimic language.

Chinese myna bird placed under house arrest for shouting 'f*** you' at visitors to zoo | Mail Online

What about freedom of expression for bird....:angry:

are you kidding???ppl dont have rights there..and ur talking about a bird???this is what i call heights of chinese aggression ...arresting a bird???????

I thought Parrots talks

mena also talks

we used have one at our neighbours' house and she used to repeat the English news as soon as our famous English Newscaster Shaista Zaid utter the sentence.

Shouldnt it have just recived an infraction rather than a ban?

Below a possible solution.

A young man named Jon received a parrot as a gift.

The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.

Jon tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary.

Finally Jon was fed up and he yelled at the parrot.

The parrot yelled back.

Jon shook the parrot and the parrot got even angrier and more rude.

Jon in desperation, threw up his hands and grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed.

Then, suddenly there was total quiet, not a peep was heard.

Fearing that he had hurt the parrot, Jon quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto Jon's outstretched arm and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions."

"I am sincerely remorseful for any inappropriate transgressions."

"I fully intend to do everything I can do to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior".

Jon was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

He was about to ask the parrot why he had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, but the bird continued... "May I ask what the turkey did?"

Isnt placing a bird in a cage as pet or whatever reason, already considered house arrest? Wait its house arrest + public humiliation :sniper:

this should be in stupid and funny wala thread; no need to have made a new thread of this on a defence forum

but at any rate, that is one badtameez of a bird

:rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that usually how the Chinese greet people anyways? :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom