Photos from PLA Shenyan military region

rwEig.jpg

EaMeW.jpg

EoAjR.jpg

LHPsL.jpg

EoAjR.jpg

LHPsL.jpg

Beautiful :)

Including the area their in, very scenic.

Can any Chinese member tell me the significance to the apple thing? (second to last picture) I think I may have seen that at another Chinese wedding in the US..

nice pictures..............................................

Very nice pictures. My wish for them is a long and happy marriage.

I find it interesting that the brides are wearing what might be considered "Western" wedding gowns. China has such a rich and ancient culture... I would have thought that Chinese brides would be more interested in a traditional Chinese dress and ceremony.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, just genuinely curious. Thanks.

Very nice pictures. My wish for them is a long and happy marriage.

I find it interesting that the brides are wearing what might be considered "Western" wedding gowns. China has such a rich and ancient culture... I would have thought that Chinese brides would be more interested in a traditional Chinese dress and ceremony.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, just genuinely curious. Thanks.

Its complicated. Most East Asian countries have been westernized in wedding clothing. Most people only have 1 western style wedding (but with our own food). In China, Western style marriages have been common among the urban elite since the 1930's, but remained confined to this demographic for the next 50 years. In recent years as the urban population exploded from ~30% to 50%+ the Western wedding has become more widespread. However, as East Asian economies develop quickly, there has been a revival of the traditional marriage, especially in South Korea and China.

Because China is so large geographically, there's many different small customs.

????_??

Here's a comprehensive overview of the Chinese wedding. Today, things like the flowered cart are obviously replaced by a rented car, usually a high class European one, even in rural villages.

Here's a low quality video of a Sichuan style wedding:

婚礼秀 开启传统中国婚礼新时尚 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

Its complicated. Most East Asian countries have been westernized in wedding clothing. Most people only have 1 western style wedding (but with our own food). In China, Western style marriages have been common among the urban elite since the 1930's, but remained confined to this demographic for the next 50 years. In recent years as the urban population exploded from ~30% to 50%+ the Western wedding has become more widespread. However, as East Asian economies develop quickly, there has been a revival of the traditional marriage, especially in South Korea and China.

Because China is so large geographically, there's many different small customs.

????_??

Here's a comprehensive overview of the Chinese wedding. Today, things like the flowered cart are obviously replaced by a rented car, usually a high class European one, even in rural villages.

Here's a low quality video of a Sichuan style wedding:

婚礼秀 开启ä¼*统ä¸*国婚礼新时尚 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

The 1950s military wedding was also very simple and traditional.

mil.jpg

Back
Top Bottom