What's new

Chinese media threatens Vietnam

Chinese media threatens Vietnam with a ‘lesson it deserves’ over oil rig row

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 06 May, 2014, 10:47am
UPDATED : Tuesday, 06 May, 2014, 12:13pm

Vietnam reacted furiously to a decision by Beijing to move a deep-water drilling rig into disputed waters for the first time. Photo: Xinhua

China should give Vietnam a “lesson it deserves to get” if Hanoi ratchets up tension in the South China Sea, an aggressive editorial in state-run media said on Tuesday.

The editorial in the Global Times newspaper comes after Vietnam reacted furiously to a decision by Beijing to move a deep-water drilling rig into disputed waters for the first time.

Hanoi labelled the move “illegal” and demanded the rig withdraw from the area close to the Paracel islands, which are claimed by Vietnam but controlled by China, which calls them Xisha and took control of the whole group after a battle with the US-backed South Vietnamese regime in 1974, as US troops withdrew from Vietnam.

Beijing claims almost the whole of the South China Sea, which is believed could sit atop vast oil and gas deposits.

"We believe Hanoi has no guts to attack China’s drilling platform directly."
GLOBAL TIMES

It frequently trades diplomatic barbs over oil exploration and fishing rights with its neighbours, including the Philippines and Vietnam.

“We believe Hanoi has no guts to attack China’s drilling platform directly,” said theGlobal Times, which has close links to the ruling Communist Party.

“If Vietnam takes further actions in Xisha, the level of China’s countermeasures must be elevated.

“China should evaluate whether Vietnam would stick its head out and become a more aggressive provocateur than the Philippines. If so, China should alter its Vietnam policy and give Hanoi a lesson it deserves to get.”

China and Vietnam fought a brief but bloody border war in 1979 which ended with Chinese forces withdrawing and both Hanoi and Beijing claiming victory.

The two countries also have a simmering territorial row over the Spratly Islands, another South China Sea chain of islets and reefs, where the Philippines, Taiwan, Brunei and Malaysia also have overlapping claims.

Chinese media threatens Vietnam with a ‘lesson it deserves’ over oil rig row | South China Morning Post

China and Vietnam fought a brief but bloody border war in 1979 which ended with Chinese forces withdrawing and both Hanoi and Beijing claiming victory. :agree:

I explained to your Viet buddy the best strategic approach to deal with dispute. If you are not willing to fight a naval war with us, then shut up and stop crying because nobody gives a shit. Territories and resources were won by guns. Nobody cares about moral right. We lost territories to stronger foreign powers with this same belief in the early 20th century. We will not make this same mistake again. We will fight whoever to the last blood if one dares touching our territories.

so China go to Middle east. There is much more than here in SCS.
You are afraid from Japan and USA in ECS, kid. don't open big mouth.

Vietnam nationalists have invaded and conquered China&Far East sub section now. I can see their garbage posts all day long, what's wrong this these *** hats? Get something to do.

so China go to Middle east. There is much more than here in SCS.
You are afraid from Japan and USA in ECS, kid. don't open big mouth.
South China Sea is called "South China" for a reason. We are here since ancient time. We owe this place.

Vietnam nationalists have invaded and conquered China&Far East sub section now. I can see their garbage posts all day long, what's wrong this these *** hats? Get something to do.
how many threads are opened by Viet members?

I guess 90% of the threads of this section are opened by Chinese. 95% talk on Chinese topics.
recent threads on VN are opened by your compariots.

how many threads are opened by Viet members?

I guess 90% of the threads of this section are opened by Chinese. 95% talk on Chinese topics.
recent threads on VN are opened by your compariots.

:coffee: you are correct, that's why this section is called China & Far east, and China is head of far east.

:coffee: you are correct, that's why this section is called China & Far east, and China is head of far east.
China does not equal Far East. even you are the biggest country. Plus, you have chinese section.

so how do I call you now?

chinese nationalists and all your posts rubbish, because 95% are chinese related topics and posts?
interesting that more and more VN threads are opened by chinese members.

China does not equal Far East. even you are the biggest country. Plus, you have chinese section.

so how do I call you now?

chinese nationalists and all your posts rubbish, because 95% are chinese related topics and posts?
interesting that more and more VN threads are opened by chinese members.

;) post anything you like. never care

South China Sea is called "South China" for a reason. We are here since ancient time. We owe this place.

We call our sea as Bien Dong or Eastsea.

Don't for get that your ancestor called it as Jiao Zhi yang (sea) in your old book. Check it.

Base on your logic Indian Ocean is belong to India. or Pacific ocean is belong to Thai Binh (pacific in English) province of Vietnam.

The Vietnamese are stupid. They have the option to do joint-exploration with us, yet they chose to wanting everything for themselves and sharing this with 3rd parties. Just dumb idiotic thinking!
Are you high !?
PRC was draw nine-dots-line from nothing to claim over 80% SCS.

Our claim is about Paracel and Spratly Islands, and Vietnam has 200nm EEZ follow UNCLOS.

Both Vietnam and China have a joint-exploration deal in Gulf Tonkin, it's nothing with other areas ...

Stop that bullsh*t propaganda

Indonesia should supporting Vietnam in this issue, this will become an example for Indonesia if China doesn't recognize EEZ and UNCLOS we got Natuna problems with them.

wtf !?
Now, you become like other mental boys !?

They call its SCS, because it located at southern of China, biggest country in Asia.

Indonesia should supporting Vietnam in this issue, this will become an example for Indonesia if China doesn't recognize EEZ and UNCLOS we got Natuna problems with them.
Yeah, Philippines was example for us. When Arroyo's Government agreed to conduct a joint-exploration with China in 2004, they was never think everything turn out like this, and China keep pressing them, take their reef, step by step ...

;) post anything you like. never care
you don´t get it. I rarely open threads on China, unless it relates to Vietnam.

the reason why I open this thread is to show the world the face behind the friendly peaceful facade of Communist China:
the ugly face of China as aggressor!

You put an oil rig into our waters, when we protest, you threaten with war.

now if someome google "China" and "Vietnam", they will find the news and this thread.

if you don´t care, it is your choice. but I believe the government of Vietnam would reconsider the relation to China after such event. a peaceful approach appears not to be helpful. We can put more aggressions to counter your aggressions.

actually you don´t need revenues from oil and gas in our waters (if you find any). you have more then enough money, while we urgently need it for our development.

Last edited:
Are you high !?
PRC was draw nine-dots-line from nothing to claim over 80% SCS.

Our claim is about Paracel and Spratly Islands, and Vietnam has 200nm EEZ follow UNCLOS.

Both Vietnam and China have a joint-exploration deal in Gulf Tonkin, it's nothing with other areas ...

Stop that bullsh*t propaganda
Let not bring up the 9-dots line alright? Your ships and all international ships move freely within the 9-dash line. We simply craft the 9-dash line for maritime flexibility.

So you think you can push us out of Paracel and Spratly? Everyone in the region have a dispute in those island chain, especially Spratly. You are miles away but yet own the most rock there. LOL. You don't own the whole island chain. In fact, those with the biggest guns own the biggest island. It is so happen we got the biggest gun. I'm sorry but I have to tell the truth. You want to push us out, you going to need a bigger gun than we have.

Back
Top Bottom