What's new

Chinese industry overtakes Japan as world's No.2

china's industrial data - a giant of heavy industry

from clothing to computers to shipbuilding and defense, china makes it all.

GDP $8.8 trillion (PPP; ranked 2nd; 2009)
$4.9 trillion (nominal; ranked 3rd; 2009)

GDP growth 8.7% (2009)

GDP per capita $6,546 (PPP; ranked 97th; 2009)
$3,566 (nominal; ranked 99th; 2009)

GDP by sector agriculture (primary) (10.6%)
industry (secondary) (46.8%)
services (tertiary) (42.6%)

GDP by component Private consumption (36.4%)
Government consumption (13.7%)
Gross fixed investment (40.9%)
Exports of goods/services (39.7%)
Imports of goods/services (-31.9%)
Inflation (CPI) -0.7% (2009)[1]
Population below poverty line 10% (2004)

Gini index 46.9 (List of countries)

Labour force 812.7 million (2009; ranked 1st)
Labour force by occupation agriculture (43%), industry (25%), services (32%) (2006)

Unemployment 4.3% (official);[2]

Main industries mining and ore processing, iron, steel, aluminum, and other metals, coal; machine building; armaments; textiles and apparel; petroleum; cement; chemicals; fertilizers; consumer products, including footwear, toys, and electronics; food processing; transportation equipment, including automobiles, rail cars and locomotives, ships, and aircraft; telecommunications equipment, commercial space launch vehicles, satellites

Exports $1.20 trillion f.o.b. (2009; ranked 1st)

Export goods Office machines & data processing equipment ($134.5 billion), Telecommunications equipment (123.6), Electrical machinery (101.7), Apparel & clothing (95.4), Miscellaneous manufactures (55.5)

Main export partners EU 20.4%, US 17.7%, Hong Kong 13.4%, Japan 8.1%

Economy of the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Table 3: Top US Imports from China 2008 ($ billion)
*Percent change over 2007
Sources: US International Trade Commission, US Department of Commerce, and US Census Bureau

HS# Commodity Description Volume % Change*

85 Electrical machinery & equipment 80.3 4.7
84 Power generation equipment 65.1 1.7
95 Toys & games 27.2 4.0
61, 62 Apparel 24.0 0.1
94 Furniture 19.4 -4.7
72, 73 Iron & steel 14.8 24.7
64 Footwear & parts thereof 14.5 2.4
39 Plastics & articles thereof 8.9 8.2
42 Leather & travel goods 7.4 2.1
87 Vehicles other than railway 6.4 4.9

Table 5: China's Top Exports 2008 ($ billion)
*Percent change over 2007

Source: PRC General Administration of Customs, China's Customs Statistics

HS# Commodity Description Volume % Change*
85 Electrical machinery & equipment 342.0 13.9
84 Power generation equipment 268.6 17.5
61, 62 Apparel 113.0 4.0
72, 73 Iron & steel 101.8 32.9
90 Optics & medical equipment 43.4 17.0
94 Furniture 42.8 19.0
28, 29 Inorganic & organic chemicals 42.4 39.9
87 Vehicles, excluding railway 39.3 23.5
95 Toys & games 32.7 20.6
27 Mineral fuel and oil 31.6 52.0

US-China Trade Statistics and China's World Trade Statistics

Saudi satellite was a space news not of economy also the relation of saudi-india are startagic in nature if terrorism comes down it is a defense matter.

The RTA also has a military version so defense again.

And 30 years ago thread is about Jaguar fighter aircraft that means defense again.

Also, one or two threads are ok, but look at "civil copter", "Home made Oil drill" "Chinese industry overtakes Japan" "Rare outspoken reform call from China state media" threads they don't have any relation to defense but still spamming defense section.

Economy is the base of defence system,and industry is the base of weapon system.
India's economy grows so India has money to buy so much weapons,but beacause the poor industry ability of India -India can't make the weapons of their own~

Saudi satellite was a space news not of economy also the relation of saudi-india are startagic in nature if terrorism comes down it is a defense matter.

But you guys were talking about Saudi satellites, and ECONOMIC RELATIONS (This thread is about economics too!) rather than relations on counter-terrorism.

The RTA also has a military version so defense again.

Again, you didn't mention that variant in your written passage.

And 30 years ago thread is about Jaguar fighter aircraft that means defense again.

Again, not mentioned, you're only mentioning the events in history and not the creations.

Also, one or two threads are ok, but look at "civil copter", "Home made Oil drill" "Chinese industry overtakes Japan" "Rare outspoken reform call from China state media" threads they don't have any relation to defense but still spamming defense section.

What's wrong? You've found 3 and I've found 3. This does belong to the Chinese, this section so I believe it is up to their best interests to keep this sub alive with whatever they believe to be associated with Chinese content. If you're only here to troll, I suggest you get lost or I will contact a mod, ending your registration here.

Last edited:
What is racist in my post shows ur intentions to troll.

And for ur kind information RTA is developed by India's defense firms not some civil companies and also has a military variant, so better check ur facts before spamming or personally attacking someone.

Do you have any idea what trolling is? Trolling is deviating the thread with irrelevant posts, what you're doing at the moment. We were having a fine discussion before you interrupted with your garbage, contributing nothing to what the OP started with.

congartz..china..best of luck for ur future development..lets make prosperous and wealthy asia again dominating the world...its all abt shared business and economy ..war is not the answer...

congartz..china..best of luck for ur future development..lets make prosperous and wealthy asia again dominating the world...its all abt shared business and economy ..war is not the answer...

thank you.

with indian software and chinese hardware what is not possible?

we might insult each other on here but at the end of the day, we are closer to each other than the west.

absolutely right..you know west is interested in fight between india and china..why?
coz they r doing " divide and rule"..they alwayz did in past the same policy ..

look, todayz era about development..in asia china is a leader..india has just started developing..

we may be insulting each other the thing in some patriotism..but u know we act childish at the same time.ur plane ,my plane..ur missile and my missile and so on..

which i like most is the top leadership of china and india..they know it very well the value of economy and development..we both may be arming for self defense..but war is too realistic thing to happen and it is just a hype of media.no developing country can afford war in todayz world..

in 2004, India's total trade to China crossed US $13.6 billion...

Chinese premier Wen Jiabao said that India and China must take their trade to $30 billion level by 2010.

India China Economy, Indo-china trade relation

its all about $$$...and both india and china leaders know it very well...

may almighty god show all of us a right path....

absolutely right..you know west is interested in fight between india and china..why?
coz they r doing " divide and rule"..they alwayz did in past the same policy ..

look, todayz era about development..in asia china is a leader..india has just started developing..

we may be insulting each other the thing in some patriotism..but u know we act childish at the same time.ur plane ,my plane..ur missile and my missile and so on..

which i like most is the top leadership of china and india..they know it very well the value of economy and development..we both may be arming for self defense..but war is too realistic thing to happen and it is just a hype of media.no developing country can afford war in todayz world..

in 2004, India's total trade to China crossed US $13.6 billion...

Chinese premier Wen Jiabao said that India and China must take their trade to $30 billion level by 2010.

India China Economy, Indo-china trade relation

its all about $$$...and both india and china leaders know it very well...

may almighty god show all of us a right path....

exactly right. a military officer in the PLAAF gave a speech to a closed panel that was recorded and placed onto a website in china called youku. he said that we should be unconcerned (his exact word) about india as our greatest threat is the united states.

in reality US is trying to keep every other major country down; if it helps you, it means that someone else is stronger and it wants you to help keep that country down. but if you get too strong, they'll knock you back down if they can and demonize/isolate if they can't. just remember the US propaganda machine is focused on china and russia right now, but india has its share of problems too. once US propaganda is focused on you, they can make your country look like a piece of crap and the citizens look like barbarians, all through lies.

sorry for going some off topic..want to share some culture...i would like to share a experience of my neighbor frnd who is working in Multi national company in Beijing..he never feels any india-china conflicts in his china stay of last 6 years..he found Chinese ppl friendly..his company driver is a Chinese girl and she used to drive around 120 km/h on some ring road in Beijing ..and he is afraid in the early time lol..

but he finds china very familiar and friendly..in india Chinese food very much popular..like Manchurian,hakka noodles and all ..i used to have the Chinese food at least 2 times in a week..

sorry for going some off topic..want to share some culture...i would like to share a experience of my neighbor frnd who is working in Multi national company in Beijing..he never feels any india-china conflicts in his china stay of last 6 years..he found Chinese ppl friendly..his company driver is a Chinese girl and she used to drive around 120 km/h on some ring road in Beijing ..and he is afraid in the early time lol..

but he finds china very familiar and friendly..in india Chinese food very much popular..like Manchurian,hakka noodles and all ..i used to have the Chinese food at least 2 times in a week..

Thats the blunder Chinese are still committing as they committed in 1962 war treating captured indian aggressors well, giving all the captured weapons and lands back to indians... Well, the lands historically belong to China. If you want any indian proof, I can give you.

But how indians exterminated the Chinese is the question and how they still treat the Chinese. From a neutral point of view I find indian treatment racist, irrational and violent and Chinese must go for a tit for tat policy, IMO.

Thousands of innocent Chinese civilians in india were slaughtered by indiansafter the 1962 war, many were deported to slave camps to work in mines where inhospitable conditions caused death. Chinese women were forced to become prostitutes in military camps. A systematic genocide and ethnic cleansing led to the extinction of Chinese who had once went to india to help indians doing business.

Just see what happened to the Chinese businessmen in Kolkata city of india.

The Chinese also had to cope with local distrust after the border war between India and China in 1962. Nearly 350,000 Chinese lived in Calcutta before the 1962 conflict. Now there are less than 5,000, according to community members. For several years after the war, the Chinese found themselves treated with suspicion by the government, which severely restricted their movement.

Asia Times: Calcutta's Chinese near extinction

Kolkata's rootless Chinese confused
Published Date: December 28, 2009
By Sunrita Sen

The gong rings infrequently in a Chinese Buddhist temple in the eastern Indian city of Kolkata. India's only city with a Chinatown, Kolkata once had a population of 30,000 to 40,000 ethnic Chinese. "Now they have dwindled to less than 5,000," said Thomas Wong, 58, who runs a carpentry business. Wong is one of the few Chinese left in the trade. Like his father, Wong was born in the teeming city, once an important port linking the Far East with the West.

When I was young, the Chinese ran businesses on every street in this pocket of Kolkata. They had shoe shops, laundries, carpentry workshops," Wong told dpa. "Now you have to search for the few that are left." Paul Chung, 75, a former schoolteacher and president of the Indian Chinese Association, said: "Chinese have been coming to India for centuries.

The 1962 Indo-China war came as a shock. As war hysteria grew in India, Chinese residents were not allowed to move out of their enclaves without permission; many were interred at a camp in the western Indian state of Rajasthan. "It was a terrible time," said Chung. "We were looked on with suspicion in the only home we knew.

After the war, many Chinese left Kolkata. "They went on to Sweden, Germany, other European countries where they started eateries. They began calling other members of their family," said Chung. By then, the Indian government had stipulated that only those born after 1950 would be eligible for citizenship.

Dwindling job opportunities in Kolkata in the 1970s and '80s saw even larger numbers of the community moving to Canada and others to the United States and Australia. "They're going even now, every month," said Wong, the carpentry business owner. He pointed to a glass-fronted cupboard in a corner of the temple stacked with china dolls, most of them laughing Buddha: "They leave these behind with the temple for safe keeping.

Most of old Chinatown in central Kolkata was demolished to make way for office buildings. In a further blow, the government ordered tannery owners to move to a new industrial area after a 1995 court order raised pollution concerns. Some moved, others sold out, and several turned their work sheds into Chinese restaurants. Today, Tangra is known for restaurants that serve a mixture of Hakka, Cantonese and Szechwan cuisine, spiced up for the local Bengali palate.

Monica Liu works 18-hour days at her restaurant, Beijing, in Tangra. Like most Chinese children, Liu learnt the trade at her mother's side at their restaurant in the north-eastern hill town of Shillong. Liu's three sisters have moved to Toronto. They usually return on Chinese New Year, when Tangra takes on a festive air. Amid red lanterns and streamers, the dragon dancers come out for their annual competition as the crowds are swollen by overseas Kolkata Chinese.

Many Kolkata Chinese, including Liu, have visited their ancestral regions in China. "The Chinese government treats us well," said Chung, the former school teacher. "But we are different now. We speak differently, we dress differently, though we look the same." His organization has started Mandarin lessons for youngsters - most of whom cannot read or write Chinese. "Kolkata's Chinese are like a rootless tribe," said Chung. "They can no longer connect with the past, and they cannot accept the present." -dpa

http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=Nzk0ODI3OTU4

Very nice article on this topic is available here. You can download the free PDF version document from this site. In this article you will see how indians see the Chinese as yellow perils and subhumans.

Abstract:

This article utilises the representation of the Chinese characters in the film Fire (1996) as a strategic site from which to examine the institutional marginalisation of India's Chinese minority community since the Sino-Indian war of 1962. Through a close examination of diplomatic documents and white papers exchanged between the governments of China and india during the 1960s, publications of the indian government on the Sino-indian war as well as newspaper articles and film reviews on Fire, this article delineates how the film's dehistoricised approach in representing Chinese minority voices and their criticisms against indian society results in obscuring the legacy of the oppression of the Chinese community in india and in reiterating the state's nationalist construction of the Chinese indians as treacherous, back-stabbing and irrational ‘others’.

Chinese Indians in Fire: Refractions of Ethnicity, Gender, Sexuality and Citizenship in Post-Colonial India's Memories of the Sino-Indian War -- Banerjee 43 (4): 437 -- China Report

Since you raised the issue, so I am just making this reply.

It is rare that we have someone like Maulik opening up communist, not all indians have bad intentions, not even a large majority of them. They want to work and have better opportunities in life, like you and me.

regards

It is rare that we have someone like Maulik opening up communist, not all indians are bad, not even a large majority of them.

You don't know indians more than I do.

Maulik is an exception and an exception is always an exception.

well..from where the issue of lands,war,racist come? i can give 100 more links about very fair treatment of chinese in india..but bashing wont solve the real problems..

we may be insulting/bashing each other the thing in some patriotism..the fact is that we dont know each other well ...we have some preset mind thoughts toward each other..

we act childish at the same time.this is my land not your land...ur plane Vs my plane..ur missile and my missile and so on..

Talking about exception,,,only thing i know is the internet forum members opinion does not matter in todayz world politics.

very good to see such top leadership of china and india..they know it very well the value of economy and development..we both may be arming for self defense..but war is too realistic thing to happen and it is just a hype of media and Some west game.

no developing country can afford war in todayz world.there is 30 billion $$ trade between india and china and want to see much more to become asia,, a real power house of the world.

But you guys were talking about Saudi satellites, and ECONOMIC RELATIONS (This thread is about economics too!) rather than relations on counter-terrorism.

Again, you didn't mention that variant in your written passage.

Again, not mentioned, you're only mentioning the events in history and not the creations.

What's wrong? You've found 3 and I've found 3. This does belong to the Chinese, this section so I believe it is up to their best interests to keep this sub alive with whatever they believe to be associated with Chinese content. If you're only here to troll, I suggest you get lost or I will contact a mod, ending your registration here.

U have no right to personally attack a member, or abuse anyone ur free to contact even hu jintao i don't care.

U are derailing the thread, look for my single genuine post u people have posted tens of post.

Also, i have found 4 economy threads in china defense and u people only 3 in India defense that too related to defense but ur not ready to accept it as defense.

Last edited:
U have no right to personally attack a member, or abuse anyone ur free to contact even hu jintao i don't care.

U are derailing the thread, look for my single genuine post u people have posted tens of post.

Also, i have found 4 economy threads in china defense and u people only 3 in India defense that too related to defense but ur not ready to accept it as defense.

I'm not going to bother wasting time on trollers, hence all I'm saying is that I end my discussion here, and start reporting all.

Back
Top Bottom