What's new

Chinese "Hummer Predator"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it made by Hummer ?

No, it's a domestic production. It debuted about 2 years ago, and is called "Mengshi" (Warrior).

It is wider, taller, longer and heavier than the Hummer -- yet it is more fuel efficient and durable and can operate in more extreme environments (desert, swamp, mountain, forest / jungle, cold, etc). Amazingly it can be dropped at a height of 2.5 meter and be able to drive away, so it is ideal for aerial combat missions. It can be custom fitted to become an attach vehicle, ambulance, or small missile launch pad.

Out of 15 criteria, it surpasses the Hummer in 12 categories, and is competitive in the remaining 3 categories. In other words, it is far superior to the Hummer.

:pakistan:

GM Kills Hummer After Failed Deal with Chinese Automaker // Current

GM will officially wind down Hummer operations as a deal with a Chinese automaker stalled over Chinese environmental concerns. You gotta love Hummer — a brand so quintessentially American, so brazenly gas-guzzling, that even the Chinese find it offensive.

what happened here? It looked like it got vandalized by bunch of hoodlums.

I'm glad CPC stopped the sale of it. For one, it's too wide for a civilian to drive in streets of Asia. Secondly, with rising fuel prices it's expensive. Thirdly, it is environmentally bad and contributes too much to pollution. Lastly, the GM quality is not good.

I'd rather see a scaled down civilian version of Mengshi.:china:

China's "Mengshi" Outshines U.S. Humvee

The undated photo shows "Mengshi (Warriors)" off-road military vehicle produced by Chinese automaker Dongfeng Motor. [Photo: chinanews.com.cn]

The "Mengshi (Warriors)" off-road military vehicle produced by Chinese automaker Dongfeng Motor surpasses U.S. Humvee in 12 out of 15 major battlefield performance indices, chief designer Huang Song has said.

Use by the Chinese military force has proven that "Mengshi" overtakes Humvee in 12 indices, including the loading capacity and oil consumption, and are well-matched with Humvee in three other indices, Huang was quoted as saying by Monday's Economic Information Daily, a Xinhua publication.

It took Dongfeng six years to develop the vehicle, which had undergone more than 200,000 hours of factory tests and more than 1.6 million kilometers of road tests before mass production.

The vehicle was formally equipped to the People's Liberation Army in 2007.

"Mengshi" has also passed various environmental and geological tests, including airdropping, high altitude and extreme heat and cold weather conditions.

With 75 patents, the 1.5-ton high mobility vehicle met all military requirements, said Huang.

It also won the first class award of national science and technology progress at the 2008 State Top Scientific and Technological Awarding Conference last Friday.

This was the first such award won by the auto industry in 22 years.

another wonderful work of engineering. the hummer is worthless, great for showing off your money but worthless for actual use. if i could afford it i'd still not buy it. rather buy a volvo (now proudly owned by Geely Motors).

Indian HUMMER For Army

Mahindra_Axe_0001.jpg

Mahindra_Axe_0002.jpg

Photos of “Mengshi” High Mobility Utility Vehicle Assembly Line Unveiled

15132248_200810131003554286.jpg

15132248_200810131003557154.jpg

15132248_200810131003547377.jpg

15132248_200810131003537834.jpg

another wonderful work of engineering. the hummer is worthless, great for showing off your money but worthless for actual use. if i could afford it i'd still not buy it. rather buy a volvo (now proudly owned by Geely Motors).

You obviously have never driven one. (H1 model)

The H2 isn't even the same vehicle. It is based on a shortened Suburban chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom