What's new

Chinese helicopters violated Indian airspace: Reports

The Ministery of External Affairs on Tuesday said the the recent Chinese 'incursion in Ladakh is due to differences on alignment of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

"We will resolve all differences with China peacefully. It was a localised event in a sector where there are differing perceptions on LAC," said an MEA official spokesperson.

Describing as "face to face" the situation arising out of incursion by Chinese troops in Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) sector in Ladakh, India today asked China to maintain the earlier status quo.

Hoping that the situation with China would be resolved peacefully, India said it can be done under the agreements signed by both countries.

The recent Chinese incursion was due to differences on alignment of Line of Actual Control, Official Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin told reporters here.

He added that incident was a "localised event" in a sector where there are differing perceptions on LAC.

"We see this as a face to face situation between border forces" of both countries, he said.

Speaking about the steps taken by the government since the incident on April 15, Akbaruddin said India has asked China to maintain status quo as it was before the incursion.

He underlined that the India-China border continues to remain peaceful.

The MEA official said local military commanders of India and China are holding a flag meeting today in a bid to resolve the situation.

India had raised the issue with China last week immediately after the incident of Chinese incursion came to light.

Apart from summoning the Chinese Ambassador to South Block, the Joint Secretary in MEA, who is heading the India-China joint working mechanism to deal with issues on the boundary from the Indian side, spoke to his counterpart in Beijing last week, emphasising on the need to resolve the issue.

Will resolve all differences with China peacefully: MEA - Indian Express

This is another news paper which i thought reported in a matured way....

To be fair the Chinese media is highly regulated by the state, the Indian media can do and say pretty much what they like.

I'm pretty sure I've heard the figure of 300+ news channels in India.

All it needs is for some maturity and at the very least PROFESSIONALISM to be shown by these amateurs who are just playing at being journalists.

I am not sure about the channel no.. but it was surely more than 100 (thanks for correcting me) and over and above we have close to 1000 channels and most of them has current affairs programms. The problem with us is we depend more on TOI which some time deserved to be called a stupid news paper.. same goes with its news channel Times Now.....I just posted above a better way of reporting done by indian express...

FOR PAKISTANI MEMBERS

We accept the the both India and China's positions in LAC, Our boundaries are not drawn so these thing happen, we cross and they do cross, its nothing new, Indian Members and most of the Chinese members here in PDF Accept it... only our Media is making it a big news unlike Chinese Media cause of their control. So Please You Guys stop poking in with your trolls..and worry about Americans and NATO

The Ministery of External Affairs on Tuesday said the the recent Chinese 'incursion in Ladakh is due to differences on alignment of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

"We will resolve all differences with China peacefully. It was a localised event in a sector where there are differing perceptions on LAC," said an MEA official spokesperson.

Describing as "face to face" the situation arising out of incursion by Chinese troops in Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) sector in Ladakh, India today asked China to maintain the earlier status quo.

Hoping that the situation with China would be resolved peacefully, India said it can be done under the agreements signed by both countries.

The recent Chinese incursion was due to differences on alignment of Line of Actual Control, Official Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin told reporters here.

He added that incident was a "localised event" in a sector where there are differing perceptions on LAC.

"We see this as a face to face situation between border forces" of both countries, he said.

Speaking about the steps taken by the government since the incident on April 15, Akbaruddin said India has asked China to maintain status quo as it was before the incursion.

He underlined that the India-China border continues to remain peaceful.

The MEA official said local military commanders of India and China are holding a flag meeting today in a bid to resolve the situation.

India had raised the issue with China last week immediately after the incident of Chinese incursion came to light.

Apart from summoning the Chinese Ambassador to South Block, the Joint Secretary in MEA, who is heading the India-China joint working mechanism to deal with issues on the boundary from the Indian side, spoke to his counterpart in Beijing last week, emphasising on the need to resolve the issue.

Will resolve all differences with China peacefully: MEA - Indian Express

This is another news paper which i thought reported in a matured way....

Maybe there is some hope for these Indian journos after all!

Everything is relative and at least no Indian soldier or CAPF is being killed on deployment on the LAC due to enemy/terrorist fire.

Maybe there is some hope for these Indian journos after all!

Everything is relative and at least no Indian soldier or CAPF is being killed on deployment on the LAC due to enemy/terrorist fire.

I dont think both india and china fired a single bullet for decades even after having differences unlike our western boarder.... so there is an understanding between the govts and forces.... May be at local level this kind of incident will take place till we demark the boarder....

both countries should resolve their issues on table rather both armies facing each other on borders because this region could not afford an armed war.

To be fair the Chinese media is highly regulated by the state, the Indian media can do and say pretty much what they like.

Fair enough, though in my region HK there are no restrictions, so we do have some highly irresponsible news sources like the Apple Daily who do this kind of thing as well.

FOR PAKISTANI MEMBERS

We accept the the both India and China's positions in LAC, Our boundaries are not drawn so these thing happen, we cross and they do cross, its nothing new, Indian Members and most of the Chinese members here in PDF Accept it... only our Media is making it a big news unlike Chinese Media cause of their control. So Please You Guys stop poking in with your trolls..and worry about Americans and NATO

Why you want to invite them... i dont see them participating in this discussion yet... Yes 1 post was there and has been replied in kind by others.... Avoid such post because it will tempt them to respond and the thread will go to drain.... (its my opinion but u can decide)

I'm pretty sure I've heard the figure of 300+ news channels in India.

All it needs is for some maturity and at the very least PROFESSIONALISM to be shown by these amateurs who are just playing at being journalists.

Media's greatest weapon is the Fear factor.

Price fears, enemy fears, political instability fears, financial market fears, social fears, natural disaster fears etc etc.

They thrive on spreading negativity, .........................................it sells.

Army tells brigades to plug holes on China border - Rediff.com News
Since April 15, when the PLA soldiers intruded and settled themselves at DBO, the Army has started identifying vulnerable areas where the Chinese may adopt similar tactics to test the nerves of the Indian establishment, reports RS Chauhan
The Army has asked all its brigades deployed along the Line of Actual Control to reassess their patrol pattern and identify gaps that the Chinese Peoples Liberation Army may exploit to make incursions similar to the current standoff at Northern Ladakh's Daulat Beg Oldie, highly placed sources have said.
Indian Army guarding the LAC with China that stretches from Arunachal Pradesh on the East to Ladakh in the North West, carry out two types of patrols, one ordered and vetted by the Military Operations Directorate at the Army HQ and the other decided at the local brigade ordivision level.
Since April 15, when the PLA soldiers intruded and settled themselves at DBO, a strategically located area which also has an airstrip capable of landing AN 32 and C-130J aircraft, the Army has started identifying vulnerable areas where the Chinese may adopt similar tactics to test the nerves of the Indian establishment.
The last time such an incident had taken place was in 1986 at Wangdung in the Sumdorung Chu area in Arunachal Pradesh. Unfazed, then Army Chief Gen K Sundarji had airlifted an entirebattalion to the area and moved forward a brigade for an eyeball-to-eyeball deployment which eventually forced the Chinese to retreat.
While no such precipitate action is expected under the current dispensation, the Army is likely to draw up a contingency plan for all such areas.
The Army HQ has also decidedto take up once again the issue of handing the operational command and control of the ITBP deployed along the LAC to the Army.
The area of DBO where the latest faceoff has occurred is under the ITBP's jurisdiction. While the Chinese have frequently come into the area in the past, they have never stayed put. The ITBP, sourcessay, is being held responsiblefor the lapse in not anticipating and preventing the Chinese encampment at DBO.
A flag meeting between the sector commanders is likely totake place in the next few days and the Chinese are expected to go back, but this episode is likely to once againreignite the debate whether New Delhi is too timid in dealing with China.

Looks like they were providing air cover if anything happened here. :(

The situation now looks like Kargil 2.0 to me. Let's hope Congress has the guts to remove the soldiers who have wandered to this side to our border.

There are lots of differences between Kargil and this incursion.

1. 2500 men vs 50 odd men patrol
2. 100's of sungers and bunkers vs one single tent.
3. Manpads vs rifles.

Dude china is known to play this sort of game. Remember Diaoyou island row with Japan. Thew would go there, paint some rocks, hoist their flag and come back. They dont want a full fledged fight but they sure do needle their neighbours.
It's more a game of patience and playing your cards right at right time.

BTW Cheerleaders are doing a good job.

Looks like they were providing air cover if anything happened here. :(

The situation now looks like Kargil 2.0 to me. Let's hope Congress has the guts to remove the soldiers who have wandered to this side to our border.
Good plan. Now China can finally unleash our multimegaton warheads on Delhi and Mumbai!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom