What's new

Chinese Foreign Affairs News & Discussions

How come? They'll be biased too, that's why you should check some neutral source

How about the battle of 1971, in which all Pakistanis claim had been instigated by India.
TIME magazine provides a very detailed account of that time, btw in 1971 the USS Enterprise entered the Bay of Bengal to threaten us, so the article definitely isn't Indian propaganda

Everyone's biased including you and me, you mentioned India's has never invaded another country but we can go on about the border skirmishes in 67 and who's fault it was that the first incursion was made etc. Point here is no one can say for certain if history will always hold true for a countries future actions. And Pakistan has not used its Nuclear weapons or missiles in any aggressive manner so who's to say they can't be non aggressors too?

No Pak did not, read about AQ Khan who got the know how from China and North Korea

This link has a brief summary of the history of Pakistan Nuclear program, AQ Khan it seems already had great deal of knowledge about creating nuclear devices when he came into the picture. Similarly we can also debate if China would have helped Pakistan if India didn't herself pursue a nuclear weapon.

Pakistan Nuclear Weapons

Ultimately all is fair in War US chooses to arm India similarity to how China chooses to arm Pakistan. Least with Nukes all round diplomacy is now the first choice in conflict negotiations because the alternative would be an endgame for all.

Ultimately all is fair in War US chooses to arm India similarity to how China chooses to arm Pakistan. Least with Nukes all round diplomacy is now the first choice in conflict negotiations because the alternative would be an endgame for all.

Ultimately the Chinese did this in the 70s and 80s even decades before the current US-India bon homie.The problem with the nukes you proliferated is incase of a nuke flying and landing and it being a CHIC-4 device.By using Nuclear forensics the original source will be determined and it will be considered a NFU violation by Beijing

Thats the Manchu-Qings not Tang empire.

Right that Qing Dynasty had more conflict with India, again due to Tibet, but the war happened in Tang Dynasty was trivial to China proper and is seldom known.

(Western) People find that, from historical point of view, if China is wholly ruled by minorities (Man, Mongol), it is more expansionistic and more imperialistic than when Han rules China.

It that’s true, India should feel lucky that mainly Han is ruling China today. And I strongly suggest Indian friends support currently Chinese regime, instead of trying to hate or otherwise subvert it: it is for your own good.

Right that Qing Dynasty had more conflict with India, again due to Tibet, but the war happened in Tang Dynasty was trivial to China proper and is seldom known.

(Western) People find that, from historical point of view, if China is wholly ruled by minorities (Man, Mongol), it is more expansionistic and more imperialistic than when Han rules China.

It that’s true, India should feel lucky that mainly Han is ruling China today. And I strongly suggest Indian friends support currently Chinese regime, instead of trying to hate or otherwise subvert it: it is for your own good.

Technically the war was against one of the Indian city states but it was still pretty impressive given how the commander of the campaign was an ambassador and had to rely on a handful of Tibetan mercenaries to accomplish the feat.

Ultimately the Chinese did this in the 70s and 80s even decades before the current US-India bon homie.The problem with the nukes you proliferated is incase of a nuke flying and landing and it being a CHIC-4 device.By using Nuclear forensics the original source will be determined and it will be considered a NFU violation by Beijing

Developereo Pakistans only useful for the Chinese in containing India other than they don't care to hoots about the state of pakistan.To put you are nothing but a tool to them

If so is your logic, then China is also useful to Pakistan for containing India. That is the biggest care that China can do to Pakistan.

What's wrong with that?

If you review your history correctly, it is largely due to India's imperialistic activities around 1950s that caused China-Pak to go together.

I repeated numerous times: India's hostility to China is the single biggest failure of India foreign policy since its independence. Had India have a good friendship with the north neighbor, India could have surpassed China long time ago when China was in such chaotic and foolish ideological movements as Great Leap Forward, Anti-Rightists, or Cultural Revolution.

Glad Indian politicians are gettign smarter these days...

This article is a sheer BULL$IT!

We can all guess, if any, why China proliferates.

General McArthur claimed to use nuclear weapons on Chinese soil. Why can’t China think of the same with re-action?

Lots ideologist fools in Western world turn blind eyes to the fact that Chinese Army has withdrawn from Korea for decades, but US army is still there.

BTW, I know many of you are brain-washed by Western propaganda and lack the capability of independent thinking.

Everyone's biased including you and me,

Yes yes and there's no such thing as absolute truth :blah:

Their general said it, on live TV (you'll get a video on youtube) that Pakistan had started all wars with India!

And how can a US source (TIME) be biased during 1971! US hated india then, Richard Nixon called the Prime Minister of our country a b**** ! He ordered a Nimitz class nuclear powered carrier to set sail in the Bay of Bengal as a sign of solidarity with Pakistan !

you mentioned India's has never invaded another country but we can go on about the border skirmishes in 67 and who's fault it was that the first incursion was made etc.

Nope, I never say said, what I said was "India was not the aggressor in all wars with Pakistan"

AQ Khan it seems already had great deal of knowledge about creating nuclear devices when he came into the picture.

The article clearly says that the 'great deal of knowledge' was stolen from Europe, the rest was provided by China

Yes yes and there's no such thing as absolute truth :blah:

Their general said it, on live TV (you'll get a video on youtube) that Pakistan had started all wars with India!

And how can a US source (TIME) be biased during 1971! US hated india then, Richard Nixon called the Prime Minister of our country a b**** ! He ordered a Nimitz class nuclear powered carrier to set sail in the Bay of Bengal as a sign of solidarity with Pakistan !

Nope, I never say said, what I said was "India was not the aggressor in all wars with Pakistan"

So whats your point? Are you saying because Pakistan started all wars with India in the past and India has never been an aggressor towards Pakistan an act of aggression by India will never happen in the future??

The article clearly says that the 'great deal of knowledge' was stolen from Europe, the rest was provided by China

Its no doubt that China did provide assistance to Pakistan to develop its Nuclear Weapon technology but what of it? India developed her own Nuclear Arsenal using a civilian reactor which was obtained from Canada after agreeing “that the reactor would be used only for peaceful uses." (talk about trying to take the moral high ground). Both sides obtain their weapons thru unorthodox means so there is no right and wrong in either case, what makes India's methods of obtaining its weapons any better then Pakistan's?

I'm not a nuclear expert but after the bomb has gone off can the forensics team even find the components which make up the bomb assuming they don't get fried at ground zero? I thought they usually check the signature pattern of the nuclear material to determine the origin of the bomb.

Originally Posted by mike05
So whats your point? Are you saying because Pakistan started all wars with India in the past and India has never been an aggressor towards Pakistan an act of aggression by India will never happen in the future??

Well you started off with
Assuming China did not back Pakistan with weapons and technological assistance would India still use diplomacy to settle disputes with Pakistan?

This implied that we have been the aggressors and you guys were defending poor Pakistan, I wanted to correct that perspective.

As for your second point, youth are finally entering politics in large numbers, there will come a day when India will have a young,confident and assertive leader. So yes in the future anything could happen.

India developed her own Nuclear Arsenal using a civilian reactor which was obtained from Canada after agreeing “that the reactor would be used only for peaceful uses." (talk about trying to take the moral high ground). Both sides obtain their weapons thru unorthodox means so there is no right and wrong in either case, what makes India's methods of obtaining its weapons any better then Pakistan's?

In obtaining weapons we don't hold any moral high ground, completely agree with you on that point.

BUT, proliferation is a completely different story, Pakistan through AQ Khan proliferated nuclear weapons to North Korea, Iran and Libya. That's where we get the moral high ground and that is also why AQ Khan is under house arrest in Pakistan.

Last edited:
I'm not a nuclear expert but after the bomb has gone off can the forensics team even find the components which make up the bomb assuming they don't get fried at ground zero? I thought they usually check the signature pattern of the nuclear material to determine the origin of the bomb.

google nuclear forensics

Back
Top Bottom