What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

J-11D thanks @SinoSoldier for the correction (If its been posted before, please ignore)
hHC4ctP.jpg

Last edited:
LeuZq4M.gif

This is a J-11D.

Also, is there new information regarding J-11D? Has the program really been suspended or is it simply delayed (or undergoing a change)?

I believed its just rumors that J-11D program has been stopped, in fact it just took a test flight on 4/28/07
4月28日,有北方某城市网友拍摄到歼-11D战斗机原型机时隔多日再度进行了约80分钟的飞行测试。此前,歼-11D战斗机研制单位曾传出消息,该项目已经被“叫停”。歼-11D战斗机首架原型机自2015年4月首飞后进度一直不快,第4架原型机于去年底首飞。
http://www.fyjs.cn/thread-1865641-1-1.html

LeuZq4M.gif

I believed its just rumors that J-11D program has been stopped, in fact it just took a test flight on 4/28/07
4月28日,有北方某城市网友拍摄到歼-11D战斗机原型机时隔多日再度进行了约80分钟的飞行测试。此前,歼-11D战斗机研制单位曾传出消息,该项目已经被“叫停”。歼-11D战斗机首架原型机自2015年4月首飞后进度一直不快,第4架原型机于去年底首飞。
http://www.fyjs.cn/thread-1865641-1-1.html

According to internet buzz, the J-11D might either end up as a testbed or be modified to incorporate Su-35 technologies. Any word on whether if the J-11D will enter service at all?

Some rumors that J-11D may turn into a test bed plane like the J-8ACT in the old days or restart the whole program by using the SU-35 tech as the measuring stick
zyRSFw3.png

Some rumors that J-11D may turn into a test bed plane like the J-8ACT in the old days or restart the whole program by using the SU-35 tech as the measuring stick
zyRSFw3.png

Then what will replace the J-11D as the bulk of the PLAAF's heavyweight 4th gen fighter? Su-35s or a "J-11E"?

Nice - J-11BS with c/n 0316 - but sadly again with psed serial number.

By the way, does anyone at least know from what base or unit "zhang81zhang" takes his pictures ?
I heard he came into a term with the authority that its ok for him to release pictures without serial no and location and he's really good at it, no one has been able to track either the location or serial no, hope it help
PS: of cos he's no ordinary wall climber as well

I heard he came into a term with the authority that its ok for him to release pictures without serial no and location and he's really good at it, no one has been able to track either the location or serial no, hope it help
PS: of cos he's no ordinary wall climber as well

Thanks ... for me it would be interesting to know at least the base, since a few years ago he posted J-11As ... while since a few months this unit must have converted to the J-11B.

zyRSFw3.png

It will take long time to restart the whole program. Why not abandon it and just continue with J-20 and J-31? Wont the flankers design be obsolote soon replaced by purely stealth design fighter?

It will take long time to restart the whole program. Why not abandon it and just continue with J-20 and J-31? Wont the flankers design be obsolote soon replaced by purely stealth design fighter?
Flanker's design won't be "obsolete" in the sense that it is way too expensive to go with a sole 5th gen fleet anytime in the near future, so might as well maximize its potential.

Back
Top Bottom