What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

Rare: SU-27SK with PL-12 missiles? 改装可挂PL12导弹?中国苏27SK战机难得露面
L2IDPvZ.jpg
EqQ2OIX.jpg

sVIem8M.jpg
omaBmce.jpg

Rare: SU-27SK with PL-12 missiles? 改装可挂PL12导弹?中国苏27SK战机难得露面

First of all nice to see You back !! :yahoo:Even if I do not always agree with You I admire Your contributions ...

Concerning this image I'm indeed not sure .. at first sight I thought it could be a R-77, but it looks indeed more like a PL-12.

I was cross-checking a bit what kind of missile this could be and a R-77 is it not for sure: It's slimmer and protrudes not that much out in front of the intakes.

J-11A + R-77 tunnel.jpg

Also the PL-12 is unlikely ... again being slimmer and standing not out in front of the intakes:

J-11B yellow + PL-12 - 25.9.15 - 2.jpg

Consequently IMO it is plain and simple an old R-27 without its fins; here the same image in the original size:

J-11A or Su-27SK + PL-12 or R-27 - 2.jpg

The R-27 is slightly wider in diameter and clearly stands out in front of the intakes as here on this Su-27 too:
Su-27 + R-27.jpg

By the way we only have very few images showing a PL-12 in the "tunnel" and even less on the under-intake-pylons. This is IMO the only image I know:

J-11B + 4x PL-12 - also under intake.jpg

Why you always ask the base info?

I want to keep my ORBAT-list up to date ... I know this gives some of You some strange feelings, but I'm a number-fanatic. To know what 5-digit serial number + the certain base gives You the information on what Regiment of what Division operates from what base.

Esp. here is interesting, that this photographer "zhang81zhang" is lurking around most of all one certain base ... he usually erases - nasty habit :hitwall: - the serial numbers to circumvent security issues - but if You follow his posts and compare his images You noticed, that this certain unit transitioned from J-11A to the B-model in recent years.

Deino

There are fresh rumors that the J-11D program has been halted, in light of resumed J-11B production and the PLAAF's satisfaction with the Su-35 (up to 96 may be ordered). Don't know how credible this is.

@星海军事 Any thoughts?

http://weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404089946561486710

http://mini.eastday.com/a/170323195111809.html#0-tsina-1-45165-397232819ff9a47a7b7e80a40613cfe1

bull, all rumors, they will test it before making decisions on additional Su-35`

解放军还要买苏35?
不一定的,买35的事情本来就很复杂。根本不是产能啊、技术啊等等这一类显而易见的猜测,虽然也有这方面的考虑。还有中国空军之间的切磋也是常有的事情,苏35作为北国最先进的战机,不管是对其摸底还是自用操练都是非常有必要的。目前看来很难想象毛子在苏35之后还会有什么惊艳之作出来······有可能这个是最后一次绽放了···谁知道

Could you link me to a source that shows it's still undergoing testing?
you ask me for a link I give none, in our circle there is no concept as 'links for verification'````none of those insitutions will put on any of their jobs, projects or excercises on a web or tell a media```````even if there is a link, to us, it would be either quite outdated or not important anymore``

besides its a common logic, PLAAF bought Russia's most advanced fighter, for any purpose, either study the structural designs or testing the limits or integrating into PLAAF's system, or getting familiar with it or anything else```they have test it

Last edited:
不一定的,买35的事情本来就很复杂。根本不是产能啊、技术啊等等这一类显而易见的猜测,虽然也有这方面的考虑。还有中国空军之间的切磋也是常有的事情,苏35作为北国最先进的战机,不管是对其摸底还是自用操练都是非常有必要的。目前看来很难想象毛子在苏35之后还会有什么惊艳之作出来······有可能这个是最后一次绽放了···谁知道

you ask me for a link I give none, in our circle there is no concept as 'links for verification'````none of those insitutions will put on any of their jobs, projects or excercises on a web or tell a media```````even if there is a link, to us, it would be either quite outdated or not important anymore``

The reason why I asked is because the same "circle" stated that the J-11D project as been stopped ("dismounted" in Chinese lingo).

Back
Top Bottom