What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

J-11D and SU-35 spotted Dingxi air base

歼11D与苏35同时惊现鼎新基地http://www.nhjd.net/thread-66429-1-1.html 转贴2017年4月21日鼎新基地高清卫星图。苏35的涂装比苏30、歼11颜色较深,从卫星图上基本可以确定停机坪上停放了两架苏35。歼11D目前处于定型阶段,试验机目前都是黄皮装,机头又是灰色雷达罩,还是比较好分辨的。歼11D的电子技术高于苏35一代,苏35的机动性优于歼11D,两型飞机对抗谁更厉害呢?(南海研究论坛提供,转载请注明出处)

HB14rkV.jpg

Are You sure these are Su-35 ???

IMO the ones in the top-right corner esp. due to the dark scheme are J-16s; the Su-35 even more have a light-grey / blue two-tone scheme and these clearly not.

Last edited:

Interesting due to two reasons:

1. They are modified/upgraded ones able to use the R-77.

2. following this report: http://eng.chinamil.com.cn/view/2017-05/28/content_7621103_3.htm

Two J-11 fighter jets take off simultaneously during a flight training exercise on May 27, 2017. They are attached to an aviation brigade under the air force of the PLA Western Theatre Command.

As such it would be good to know if they are from the 111th Brigade at Korla (a strange unit, that has just been converted back from the J-11B to the J-11A (or at least gained a few A) or if the 33rd Fighter Division has also converted to a Base/Brigade scheme.

Deino

Impressive ... but is this really a "D" or is it me and the radome is no longer canted ?

View attachment 400078 View attachment 400079 View attachment 400080

After a second look, it seems to be a J-16 too. Just look at the radome's demarcation and these two small pitots left and right behind.

Ar the J-16D got the same radar .... ???
i did tag u on twitter also on the pic source , even i find it hard to believe that is j11d but who knows, could be modified

Impressive ... but is this really a "D" or is it me and the radome is no longer canted ?

View attachment 400078 View attachment 400079 View attachment 400080

After a second look, it seems to be a J-16 too. Just look at the radome's demarcation and these two small pitots left and right behind.

Ar the J-16D got the same radar .... ???
After looking at the LERX of the J-11B and comparing with the pic you gave me and i posted , i actually now believe that it is most probably J-11D

....After looking at the LERX of the J-11B and comparing with the pic you gave me and i posted , i actually now believe that it is most probably J-11D

Why the J-11B ?? and why the LERX ??
I didn't give You an image of a J-11B and that version is ouf discussion but even if these images are not to the same size, there are more matches to a J-16 than to a J-11D. Esp. the distance from the radome to these two small pitots (see green line) is much longer ... so either this is a yellow J-16 in primer or the J-11D got a new radar.

Deino

J-16 or J-11D.jpg

All of these are J-16.

To admit ... what's interesting, I had a brief talk to Oedosoldier (maybe You know him at Twitter)
- IMO a very reliable guy and trusted poster - and he said this particular yellow Flanker is indeed a J-11D and he spoke to the photographer, who confirmed this bird as a single seater.

So either the J-11D no longer has a canted radome and/or a new radar or this something fishy.

Deino

Back
Top Bottom