What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

This sounds more like an aileron roll, rather than a barrel roll.

Gave a nice, fully loaded, accurate J-11 radar profile to P-8A to feed in their anti-aircraft missiles. What was the point?

Gave a nice, fully loaded, accurate J-11 radar profile to P-8A to feed in their anti-aircraft missiles. What was the point?
not necessarily that is one thing most AFs avoid in such confrontations. remember these areas are heavy survalled with ground and air radars a jet only need its IRST in such situations.

P8A got anti-aircraft missiles??

non its a maritime patrol aircraft with air to surface missiles and torpedoes

This Navy officier looks like Nicolas Cage :D

193_118497_907279.jpg

@gambit, Sir i came across this log on US spy planes shot down during the cold war, I mean we seldom hear of any Reds being shot down in similar circumstances, is US the only violator or have the likes of Soviets met the same fate.

Cold War Spyplane Incidents

@gambit, Sir i came across this log on US spy planes shot down during the cold war, I mean we seldom hear of any Reds being shot down in similar circumstances, is US the only violator or have the likes of Soviets met the same fate.

Cold War Spyplane Incidents
If the Soviets shot any of our flights down, they must say it is because their airspace was trespassed. What else can we expect them to say ? If they lost any, they will never admit the loss. Most of these flights on both sides during the Cold War are still national secrets. The intel they gathered back then are still relevant today. The US is still the same, and Russia is the inheritor of the Soviet system. What we knew of each other back then is useful in gauging the behaviors of both sides today, hence why the intel are still secret, and so are their gathering methods.

Back
Top Bottom